Home

NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #57
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Not everyone plays online, the problem is that so many offline modes/features are tied to being able to connect to the online 2K servers. They need to separate them completely next year.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 10-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think these reviews are a shot at the online portion but nobody reads nowadays so the entire written review means little to nothing when the score is low.
I completely understand your perspective and I want to point out that no score on its own — either good, bad, or somewhere in between — can possibly describe the game accurately to everyone. It's why the review is written.

Of people who look at the score and don't read the review, roughly half were destined to be unhappy.

With the 7 score, some people will assume I'm suggesting the game plays a bad game of basketball, when the actual review clearly suggests nothing could be farther from the truth.

Had I scored the game a 9, a different group of people would have seen the score, assumed the game is excellent all-around, and bought the game only to discover large portions of the game they want to play simply don't work.

Again, people need to read the review to actually understand what's going on. I'm aware some people won't. It's their loss.

In writing the review, I understood and accepted this scenario would be the case.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:14 AM   #59
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
I completely understand your perspective and I want to point out that no score on its own — either good, bad, or somewhere in between — can possibly describe the game accurately to everyone. It's why the review is written.

Of people who look at the score and don't read the review, roughly half were destined to be unhappy.

With the 7 score, some people will assume I'm suggesting the game plays a bad game of basketball, when the actual review clearly suggests nothing could be farther from the truth.

Had I scored the game a 9, a different group of people would have seen the score, assumed the game is excellent all-around, and bought the game only to discover large portions of the game they want to play simply don't work.

Again, people need to read the review to actually understand what's going on. I'm aware some people won't. It's their loss.

In writing the review, I understood and accepted this scenario would be the case.

Yep we agree... I was speaking more in general but people don't read in alot of ways these days sadly.

Either way im like you an offline player who is usually not affected by this. Last year was the worst for us though, but it should work regardless, if its there it should.. Its only been a week too and people have hammered this game.

I remember i couldnt pass 3 missions on BF4 offline last year without it not letting me continue and it needed how many patches to fix it but it still got nice all around scores.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:48 AM   #60
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Man this forum has a lot of "I only play offline "people..there is no need to type his to respond to a game review. All games are graded on the total product so NO there shouldnt be 2 separate grades Lol. If half the game is in shambles then the scored should be lowered bottom line. Its like eveyone here don't subscribe to Xbox live or psn. But if offline modes need a major patch you would quickly be dependent on 2k servers like the majority of people that play the game and be in a uproar like the millions of people that enjoy human online interaction

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-14-2014, 03:22 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6
nba live for me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:54 AM   #62
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

7??? The Servers are already fixed. 7 is way too low. This game is more like a 9.5.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #63
MVP

Number999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Veal"
I think the game can be summed up easily. Someone who plays offline, one-player-centric games (MyLEAGUE) and play the games versus the CPU (once finding a right balance) love it. People who play online hate it, and rightfully so. It's very divisive on the modes themselves, some are incredible, others are bad.
Yep... you pretty much nailed it for me, I play online occasionally and like MyTeam, but I'll never play MyPark or anything like that.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:37 AM   #64
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
7 is pretty fair for the game being somewhat broken. I kinda wish the reviewer would have said "I probably would have given it a ______ if the online was working" would have probably appeased some people.

I myself am really enjoying the game and am most likely gonna stick witb it as my basketball game of choice for this year after everything ive seen but am I the only one that kinda wants NBA live to get a 7.1 strictly for the hilarity of the chaos that would ensue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »