Home

MyCareer needs a MAJOR patchjob.

This is a discussion on MyCareer needs a MAJOR patchjob. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #17
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer needs a MAJOR patchjob.

normally in the past i finish myplayer ( the first year) in a few days or a week tops. and thats a FULL ******* SEASON. this year playing HALF a season, i feel like im forcing my self to go on. all the problemsand errors im having with my team (wolves) make me feel like Kevin love and understanding why he got out when he did.

its like every year, 2k makes the AI WORSE AND WORSE for your team, While making the AI for the other team BETTER AND BETTER.

1. Teammates do the DUMBEST ****. LEaving people wide open, not taking open shots to then later shoot over 4 people, ignoring you when you are wide open, Passing you the ball when you are BEHIND the time line <_< and the worst 2 is the fact that no one can grab a damn board or rotate.

2. The other team Adapts to what you are doing (double teams) Why cant My team?

3. Contested shots going in and bail outs. i cant help but feel like 2k is taking the controller out of my hand when these 2 stack up. there is NOTHING worse then playing PERFECT DEFENSE, only to have a bench dude act like you arent even there and J you. <_< or the CPU fouls him
Old 10-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #18
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

Honestly, I have been thinking that it might be a better overall career experience if I just took my current MyPlayer's ratings, badges, and appearance, created a player and dropped him into MyLeague and played player lock.

I could then take my 72 rated SG, put him on the Hornets, where I signed, and see him compete and improve in a 'real' 2k Basketball environment. You have so much more access to team and player scouting, defensive adjustments, and playbooks where you could actually be able to really play and compete for a Championship on SS/Sim, the right way. You could still improve through training, and could set whatever you didn't want to do to AUTO. Personally I would like to have my coach set the minutes, so that I am not a 72 OVR Rookie starting over an 81 OVR Lance Stephenson.

When your player isn't on the court you could go to 'Choose Sides' and set it to CPU vs CPU and watch SS/Sim gameplay from the stadium broadcast cam until you get subbed back in. Or, you could take control of your entire team while on the bench to help keep that lead, or make up for some bad shots you forced up.

There is just SO much more you would be able to do while still being able to play through your single player's career. Sliders would be able to fix a lot of the gameplay nuances people are experiencing. As long as you come into it with a Sim Style perspective, having that much control over the league won't be cheating, it will end up being MORE realistic. Real draft classes, the 'SuperSim' feature, typing this is getting me excited about this idea.

With all that being said, you could just choose a current NBA Rookie or player and do this. Still would be a more realistic and involving approach at a single player career.

Last edited by tomzennsbruh; 10-15-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #19
Rookie

This whole game needs a patch job. 2k should just re-release the game and make it a free download with proof if purchase of the previous....patches won't fix all the mistakes in this game. All players are the same size..I mean look at Lebron. Arms skinny as iverson...glitchy animations, servers will always suck but heck offline play is poor too ...input lag is horrible, presentation isn't great if when the screen is supposed to show stats, or standings or league leaders and it doesn't show up....sometimes during a TO the coach doesn't talk in my career but the volume turns down like he is. This game is pathetic.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:06 AM   #20
Rookie

But I will say that I just went 54% for 45 Pts and 13 ast and 2 reb with my PG 63ovr against the bulls. DRose only had 25 and 18 of that was when I was on the bench it's all about knowing basketball.... Move your feet on Defense because they will beat you if you slip
Old 10-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #21
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I've found it's much harder to take games over. Really have to play strategically, however, I'm on the Hawks and I don't think I've seen Kyle Korver take a single 3 when I'm in the game. I'm a SF, so I can't faciliate the offense, but the bulk of the time, Jeff Teague is taking all the shots or they pass it to me. I try to feed Korver, but he doesn't do anything with it even when I've sucked the D in to me.

Also, kinda funny. Al Horford is injured but is still talking to me in the hallway like he's playing. Also, silly me, didn't realize English wasn't his 1st language. But it's evident when he talks to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 01:58 AM   #22
Rookie

I'm not doing so bad now. I average a triple double >_>.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:00 AM   #23
Rookie

Yeezus123's Arena

Hall of fame is some bs. Every player turns into either kobe or melo. It's really stupid. Seeing shot after shot go in, but your team couldn't throw a rock in a river. This pisses me off. Andre miller should not be hitting consistent threes with 2 secs left on the shot clock... Smh, game mode is so screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
But I will say that I just went 54% for 45 Pts and 13 ast and 2 reb with my PG 63ovr against the bulls. DRose only had 25 and 18 of that was when I was on the bench it's all about knowing basketball.... Move your feet on Defense because they will beat you if you slip
On what difficulty?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »