Home

My Carrer mode really should stop assuming you're a star from the start.

This is a discussion on My Carrer mode really should stop assuming you're a star from the start. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2014, 01:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: My Carrer mode really should stop assuming you're a star from the start.

Its especially bad when you're still on a 10 day contract and your coach asks you to do something outrageous like "score the next 10 points" so you can get a come from behind win.

And to make matters worse, my player is a defensive minded guard.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:48 AM   #18
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0

NBA2k11 MyPlayer formula was the best.

Last edited by tomzennsbruh; 10-24-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #19
Rookie

I just want the d league back.

But 2k should have it like Madden, before you start my career you have 4 choices top 5 pick but you have high expectations, middle first round not as high expectations, 2nd round pick where you could get cut and undrafted.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbee2k

But 2k should have it like Madden, before you start my career you have 4 choices top 5 pick but you have high expectations, middle first round not as high expectations, 2nd round pick where you could get cut and undrafted.
this is exactly true. They should just do this and please everyone, from the dudes who want to be a star off the bat to those who want a more gradual and realistic rise to the top.

also, D league needs to be brought back, period. I absolutely loved the experience of working yourself up and nabbing an NBA spot back in 2k11. we're in next gen, I expected the game to have expanded detail for the minor league system right now, not have it disappear entirely
Old 10-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #21
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

"Your time has NOT come"..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #22
Rookie

I think my biggest gripe with it is that I feel like I have to babysit the AI 24/7. I play SG for the Bulls and for a defensive team Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson don't even average 1 block and both average less than 7 rebounds which is just horrible. They let themselves be the opponents female dog. It forces me to have to go double more than I should and then I have to come back on offense and have to set up the offense when Derrick isn't in the game.

But it is an improvement from last year because now when the 4th quarter comes Derrick doesn't sit back and let me attempt to take over. He actually goes on a scoring rampage.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #23
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbee2k

I like that idea, but I also loved the way NCAA Football did it, where you would play out a full season for your high school before going to the college level. I would love to see that added to NBA games, even if they have to use fake colleges lol.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had the idea for a whole new story line....where you aren't a prospect or anything. Just a regular kid who play basketball. One day you hear they're doing D-League tryouts and you go. This is where you play your first game and you get noticed and signed to the D-League. There you play and play until you do well enough to get noticed by NBA scouts, and then you eventually get called up.

I have to admit, even though I like the idea of slow flowing your career, I imagine this thought process is in the vast minority. The majority of people, if given the opportunity would like to come in and win MVP their first season if it's possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »