Home

My Career: Don’t stick the script!

This is a discussion on My Career: Don’t stick the script! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: My Career: Don’t stick the script!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
I'm at about 87 rated right now. 9 games into my season my team chemistry is like 82 percent so maybe when it gets closer to 100, I'll see some changes. I wish ONE of my guys would put up 20ppg. So far I doubt Howard's cracked double digits in rebounding yet either. I don't simulate games so hopefully it'll pick up with chemistry as you're suggesting. They still miss WAY too many easy layups for my liking tho.
I hope it gets better for you dude. I've had some bad games where I was literally screaming at the TV....but it's not an every game thing. I've played some games where it felt "scripted"..... couldn't get Davis going, Gordon, Evans, etc. Those were the games I lost, but the overall experience for me has been great. Hell.... I was screaming at the TV last night. Was up 3-0 in NBA Finals on the Cavaliers. They came back and tied the series in a 3 game stretch where my whole team played horrible. We won game 7 by 2 points when Lebron missed a buzzer beater to tie the game. Thought I was going to be the first NBA team in history to blow a 3-0 finals lead.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I totally agree with thread starter... i finished with 2 steals, 2 blocks, and finished with an A + rating and Doc Rivers comes to me after game and says i need to work on defense lol. Plus Dirk is the only player on my team who can create his own shot consistently smh.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub
What was your coach satisfaction rating that game? Teammate grade and production has nothing to do with the coaches this year unfortunately. If you aren't getting a B or better you're liable to get a cutscene where you're getting chewed out. In my last game I was inserted into a blowout with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter for 6 possessions. The coach directive was prevent outside shots. The man I was defending never touched the ball. Kirk Hinrich gave up one of those one second left on the shot clock 3s and I got subbed out immediately. My coach satisfaction grade dropped from a B- to a C- just like that. The asst coach got in my face and told me to guard somebody. We were beating the Mavs by 24 and I had 36/7/8 with 4 steals.
Honestly, I don't remember what my coach satisfaction was in that game. That's crazy though. I'm surprised you'd get subbed out so quickly after putting up those type of numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I dropped the difficulty from superstar to all star. But not because I was struggling. I did fine on superstar, but my teammates were another matter. Now on AS they play better. Sure it may be a tad easier for me to score but I accept the trade off. I think any difficulty level our myplayer will put up good numbers. But since dropping the difficulty level my ppg actually went down from 28 to 18. We are winning the same amount of games as well. The drop basically allowed me to play a more realistic game of basketball.
I'll try that out. I've been playing on Superstar the entire time. Hope that helps cause if these trends continue I'd feel like it would defeat the purpose of why I chose to come to Houston. I wanted to form a big 3. Not do all the heavy lifting EVERY game. I wanna sit back sometimes and smile watching my teammates kill.
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 10-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
I hope it gets better for you dude. I've had some bad games where I was literally screaming at the TV....but it's not an every game thing. I've played some games where it felt "scripted"..... couldn't get Davis going, Gordon, Evans, etc. Those were the games I lost, but the overall experience for me has been great. Hell.... I was screaming at the TV last night. Was up 3-0 in NBA Finals on the Cavaliers. They came back and tied the series in a 3 game stretch where my whole team played horrible. We won game 7 by 2 points when Lebron missed a buzzer beater to tie the game. Thought I was going to be the first NBA team in history to blow a 3-0 finals lead.
Damn, that sounds intense. Would like to see that streamed or something.
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 10-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolationmike
I got you Rebel, the game has a definite issue where it wants you to be a LeBron type take over the game player yet doesn't set the story up that way at all. I'm on the suns and lately Dragic has been playing well and Bledsoe comes in and produces from the bench (apparently at 72 OVR I'm a more viable SG than Bledsoe) but I didn't get that until my second year, and I've only played 4 games so far, so who knows where the season will take me. The previous year we were getting slapped and were second to last.

luckily I haven't had that sort of mismatched reaction after a game, although it did happen after a practice. I'm assuming it's because we didn't really key on the point of emphasis, but it's so ethereal you can't really tell how they're going to react.
I agree with this. I'm on the Suns too btw, as a PF mostly just screening, rebounding and putbacks. Even as a 69 I have to take over a game to have any chance of winning. Thats through putting back my teams misses. Only game i remember winning was against the Magic where i went 13 for 15, 27 points and 29 rebounds (15 ORs). Every opponent team shoots above 50%, my team can't get above the low 40s. Last game was a 40 points blowout against Houston on 6 min quarters.

I think on higher difficulties the problem is the opppenent team AI getting a lot of attribute boosts, but not your own team's AI. Also Beluba said in another thread that in My Career mode your team looks to involve your player more even when a low overall player to make the mode more appealing. Maybe that's one of reasons they dont shoot the ball when open.

About the mismatched reactions, I had Markieff Morris come to me after another loss complaining about his touches. I then got really sick of him and told him to look at the box score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #22
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
I agree with this. I'm on the Suns too btw, as a PF mostly just screening, rebounding and putbacks. Even as a 69 I have to take over a game to have any chance of winning. Thats through putting back my teams misses. Only game i remember winning was against the Magic where i went 13 for 15, 27 points and 29 rebounds (15 ORs). Every opponent team shoots above 50%, my team can't get above the low 40s. Last game was a 40 points blowout against Houston on 6 min quarters.

I think on higher difficulties the problem is the opppenent team AI getting a lot of attribute boosts, but not your own team's AI. Also Beluba said in another thread that in My Career mode your team looks to involve your player more even when a low overall player to make the mode more appealing. Maybe that's one of reasons they dont shoot the ball when open.

About the mismatched reactions, I had Markieff Morris come to me after another loss complaining about his touches. I then got really sick of him and told him to look at the box score.
I have to agree here. 2k definitely has something going on when you first start your player where they want to involve you more into the game to the point of where your teammates are just terrible. But I think they're terrible on purpose because they eventually do become better, and it happens when YOU are better. When you have a better OVR and your team chemistry goes up.

But you have to go through the pain of the 1st year dealing with it.

This mode forces you to be that player that puts up alot of points no matter which position you play. Doesn't matter. You can be the best teammate and role player in the world but if you aren't putting up Lebron or KD type stats each game then you take a hit from your coach and performance.

It's the entire reason why for some mysterious reason the game puts you as the Starter in your ROOKIE year over amazing players.

What coach/GM in their right mind would make an undrafted rookie a starter over an actual NBA star on their team??? No wonder the team chemistry is low! I'd be pissed if some undrafted rookie took my spot. I'd demand a trade.

I think this mode is severly flawed in a lot of ways although I understand why 2k did it this way. They wanted to try to make the mode fun by rushing you into the limelight right in the beginning.

Sadly, not all of us wanted that.

They speak about 2k being the "ultimate sim". LOL. Sorry but coming into the league as an undrafted rookie with a 71 OVR and taking the starting job over some elite players in the league and getting more minutes than any other player on my team isn't sim. It's laughable.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 10-28-2014 at 08:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »