Home

Pro difficulty too hard?

This is a discussion on Pro difficulty too hard? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Pro difficulty too hard?

I have alrease found pro to be to hard in nba 2k games but I think this years is a little easier. In the past if I played on default pro I could score but I couldn't stop the CPU form scoring at all so I would lose games like 125-115 ever game. This year I have only made a few changes form pro simulation and I fell like already I am getting pretty good results in this game. Last year on default pro the CPU would score like 80 PIP a game and even with slider adjustments like 60 a game this year I am finding the CPU still scores to much in the paint but a lot better then last year already and that is with only a few slider adjustments.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #18
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Smoove
The CPU AI is horrible this year. It doesn't matter what difficult you play on they are constantly doing unrealistic things on both sides of the ball. The CPU is not fun to play at all this year. Pretty disappointing.
The guys at 2K aren't gonna invite you back after comments like this!!!!!
Old 11-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
Turn play art into full, offensive play calling on auto, and run the plays.

THIS. Plus you really need to adjust the CPU's offensive rebound slider down (I've got mine at 25, they still hit the glass hard but I'm getting more realistic numbers) and pass accuracy slider down (I think I've got mine in the low 40s) to get a few more errant pass turnovers.
I've also boosted both teams steal and block sliders up (I've got steals at 55 or 60 and blocks at 65). But yeah, first things first, you've really gotta run plays with this game. And remember, you can always opt out to a smart play by hitting L1
Old 11-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #20
Pro

This is how I see all the difficulties on "Default".

Rookie - You can solo, play around with cross overs, just pass the ball around and win. Good defense and accurate shot timing is not completely necessary.

Pro - You have to move the ball and take good shots but the defense is backed off quite a bit so taking an open shot is pretty easy. You should know player releases but there is some room for error. Decent defense is required. However, playing off ball D should suffice especially if you don't know how to box out properly for rebounds.

All-Star - You have to move the ball and take good shots. You need to know player releases to land shots as grade is affected more by how slightly late or early you are. Above average defense is required. Off ball defense can still save you in this difficulty but you should still know the basics playing defense. You should be running pick and rolls and creating space. You should be starting to learn the team's playbook.

Superstar - You have to move the ball and take good shots. Knowing player releases is required at this point. Good defense is required. Good off ball defense is required. You should be at an advanced level of running pick and rolls. You should be learning the team's playbook with several go-to plays in your back pocket for comebacks and definite buckets.

Hall of Fame - You have to move the ball and take excellent shots. You should have all player releases mastered. Excellent defense is required. Excellent off ball defense is required but you should be on ball to contest shots as user controlled contested shots reduces CPU probability further than off ball contested shots. You should be excellent at running pick and rolls and you should have the team's playbook mastered. You should be experienced in controlling momentum, orchestrating your offense and knowing how to utilize your teammates based on their strengths and weaknesses. Utilizing your teammates badges and knowing what to execute in nearly every situation.

Selecting your difficulty based on this guide should help you.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Smoove
The CPU AI is horrible this year. It doesn't matter what difficult you play on they are constantly doing unrealistic things on both sides of the ball. The CPU is not fun to play at all this year. Pretty disappointing.
I have to agree with Smoove here. Not just because I am a fan of his channel, but I have been saying this since release.

Players taking jumpers when there is an open lane, players like Lebron who have ridiculous basketball IQ passing right into the backs of players, centers coming from the other side of the paint getting in front of hop step layups for charge calls, players passing to the other side of the arch just so the ball hits the backboard, wide open corner threes hitting the backboard, PF/C receiving a pass with NO ONE around them twisting, spinning and turning just to get fouled, blocked, or miss, players standing still until the shot clock is about to expire and running into the paint to hit a contested mid, incredibly reduced shot probability if the shot will result in an assist for My Career... The list goes on.

The AI needs to be tweaked above all else in my opinion. I am not sure if this can even be done via patches but I really don't want to wait until next year. There are also numerous bugs that need addressing such as certain releases missing more than others and having a reduced perfect release ability, ball path issues and block reactions.

P.S. I literally cried laughing last night watching your first game with the Knicks. That open layup you missed. My lord that BS song never gets old.

Last edited by Crookid; 11-02-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #22
Rookie

Thank you all for your replies

But I see little hope, except if a patch comes out. Which I hope, because at the moment I don't even want to play the game anymore, it's pure frustration. This is me playing NBA 2k15

After about 40 games I can not hold the CPU under 120 ppg on pro difficulty. I have to admit that I play with the Magic, which are not the best team, but according to the rating they are 28th on offense and 22nd on defense. It took me 2 games to score 110+ points, but after 40 games I can not play defense.

My last game (for a while): After a pretty good first half I was trailing by three points (56-59) against Washington in the second game in my season. (I won the first against the Pelicans 133-130). So far so good. Then the CPU started with a 9-1 run, which brings me to 57-68, then we traded buckets for some time, then came some more runs and the third quarter ended with 104-81 for Washington, that's a 45-25 third quarter. The fourth quarter also starts with a 11-3 run so with 10 minutes left to play the CPU has already 115 points. I quit at that moment.

My experience so far is

- if I want to win a game I have to play almost perfect offense. In that 133-130 victory against the Pelicans I shot over 60% and committed just 5 TOs. Still the CPU almost beat me.

- If I start to make mistakes the CPU kills me. Mediocre passes (I don't want to mention bad ones) get stolen, missed shots often lead to easy fastbreak points for the CPU, if I don't get rebounds my teammates won't and the CPU gets an easy offensive rebound and most of the time an easy score.

And my problem is, like I have written in the first post: this all on Pro difficulty. Why? Why make it so hard? Why make the CPU so good? Why let the CPU make constantly 120 ppg or 45 points in a single quarter? This is the part that I can't understand.

If someone can explain that to me it would me make feel better. At the moment I feel more frustrated than when I started this thread.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #23
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad
Thank you all for your replies

But I see little hope, except if a patch comes out. Which I hope, because at the moment I don't even want to play the game anymore, it's pure frustration. This is me playing NBA 2k15

After about 40 games I can not hold the CPU under 120 ppg on pro difficulty. I have to admit that I play with the Magic, which are not the best team, but according to the rating they are 28th on offense and 22nd on defense. It took me 2 games to score 110+ points, but after 40 games I can not play defense.

My last game (for a while): After a pretty good first half I was trailing by three points (56-59) against Washington in the second game in my season. (I won the first against the Pelicans 133-130). So far so good. Then the CPU started with a 9-1 run, which brings me to 57-68, then we traded buckets for some time, then came some more runs and the third quarter ended with 104-81 for Washington, that's a 45-25 third quarter. The fourth quarter also starts with a 11-3 run so with 10 minutes left to play the CPU has already 115 points. I quit at that moment.

My experience so far is

- if I want to win a game I have to play almost perfect offense. In that 133-130 victory against the Pelicans I shot over 60% and committed just 5 TOs. Still the CPU almost beat me.

- If I start to make mistakes the CPU kills me. Mediocre passes (I don't want to mention bad ones) get stolen, missed shots often lead to easy fastbreak points for the CPU, if I don't get rebounds my teammates won't and the CPU gets an easy offensive rebound and most of the time an easy score.

And my problem is, like I have written in the first post: this all on Pro difficulty. Why? Why make it so hard? Why make the CPU so good? Why let the CPU make constantly 120 ppg or 45 points in a single quarter? This is the part that I can't understand.

If someone can explain that to me it would me make feel better. At the moment I feel more frustrated than when I started this thread.
This is one of those things that you can't really diagnose unless you see that person's game play. If you are on ps4, I'm happy to play you sometime to try and help you out. If you are on xbox, I'm sure there is someone here that will play you to give you a better assessment.

I thought pro was hard when I first started playing the game a few years ago so that's not unsual to have that feeling.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19

the trick to this game is playing at your comfort level/tempo.
The Ai controlled team has a way of controlling the tempo, if they are playing fast, then you have to slow the tempo of the game down. use the coaching adjustments.
if you arent used tio playing a run and gun offense youll get smoked.

I play half court offense, moderate tempo, and Im able to keep the game close. I still lose alot but the games reamin close.

also dont force passes, limit your turnovers. play really fundamental ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »