Home

Double teaming/Triple teaming (head to head match)

This is a discussion on Double teaming/Triple teaming (head to head match) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Double teaming/Triple teaming (head to head match)

I haven't experienced bad passing out of a double if you get the ball out fast enough and to the right person.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #10
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
I haven't experienced bad passing out of a double if you get the ball out fast enough and to the right person.
They come with the triple guy fast though. Its not as easy to break as you think. Especially with the lag.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
Pro

I just played against a guy that used all sorts of cheese the entire game. It's not fun to play against, but I wouldn't blame it on the passing mechanics as it's still possible to beat. The issue is most likely the lag not allowing you to react quick enough, not the passing mechanics. If they ever fix the input delay and lag that the console versions are experiencing you'll see the difference it makes in every aspect of the game including your issue here. It's easy to beat these guys when you're not held back from delayed inputs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 12:49 AM   #12
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
I just played against a guy that used all sorts of cheese the entire game. It's not fun to play against, but I wouldn't blame it on the passing mechanics as it's still possible to beat. The issue is most likely the lag not allowing you to react quick enough, not the passing mechanics. If they ever fix the input delay and lag that the console versions are experiencing you'll see the difference it makes in every aspect of the game including your issue here. It's easy to beat these guys when you're not held back from delayed inputs.
Could be but

Good idea for human vs cpu bad idea for human vs human.

What users do is play off ball, Icon double team the ball handler. The double team comes so quick that you go into an animation. At the same time they are coming over for a triple team with the off ball player they are controlling and 9 times out of 10 you end up throwing the ball out of bounds when you try to pass out of it.

This games passing mechanics isn't efficient enough to handle this.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:04 AM   #13
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

I just quit on anybody that uses this tactic every trip up the court. What frustrates me even more is when they're using a top team and do it to me using my Orlando Magic, fair enough if we were a great side but we're not and you don't need to cheese to best them when you're already using top teams. It's a pity 2k can't patch out cheesers.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #14
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Easy to beat double team cheese if you run plays, it makes your players positioning predictable and no unexpected cuts while wide open.

Still I haven't seen as much cheese online as i have seen from superstar/hof cpu AI. Even if I anticipate stuff it goes through for cpu too often, quite frustrating at times.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #15
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Easy to beat double team cheese if you run plays, it makes your players positioning predictable and no unexpected cuts while wide open.

Still I haven't seen as much cheese online as i have seen from superstar/hof cpu AI. Even if I anticipate stuff it goes through for cpu too often, quite frustrating at times.
How when you get locked into an animation when the double hasn't even gotten to you yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »