Home

Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

This is a discussion on Ratings discussion thread (official roster) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #401
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedefeld
So Motiejunas only gets a 74? I'm disappointed
Less than Josh Smith? Means that I have to make him usable by myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Right--I've learned this from my own (minor) roster editing. I just mean that for guys who've shot up a lot like Davis their potential hasn't been raised above their overall, which means they've essentially peaked. Anthony Davis should probably have a 97 in potential if he's already at 95.

If Motiejunas keeps playing well you can expect to see another small bump I'm sure. Beds is going to be justifiably reluctant to dramatically buff guys who are having their first truly productive season.
But why though? This is why I have always been reluctant to use the "official" rosters. If the players play realistically why should their ratings be bumped just to raise their overall?

Dmo is below Josh Smith and at no given point should that change. If you want to give Josh Smith a 25 shot IQ rating that's one thing, but Josh smith is still a better rebounder, passer, shot blocker, and athlete than Dmo will ever be.

My original sentiments still stand, that people are too focused on OVR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 01:36 AM   #402
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
But why though? This is why I have always been reluctant to use the "official" rosters. If the players play realistically why should their ratings be bumped just to raise their overall?

Dmo is below Josh Smith and at no given point should that change. If you want to give Josh Smith a 25 shot IQ rating that's one thing, but Josh smith is still a better rebounder, passer, shot blocker, and athlete than Dmo will ever be.

One way to look at it is if players like to play myleague or mygm, where DMo is and should be the starter. You won't get realistic minutes played by him or Josh Smith because of this. Also DMo is a better defensive player against PF's generally just saying. Josh Smith is a damn good swiss army knife still, but he isn't that great defensively against PF's (Specifically larger closer to 7 footers). He is perfect for defending most SF's however. Also looking at rebounding, both are bringing the ball back down at about the same rate, with DMo slightly better on the offensive boards, and Josh being slightly better on the defensive boards. So no , he isn't better then DMo "Ever" will be, as he is barely better then him as of right now. There Per 48 has them 33 and 34th overall rebounding, literally Smith would only get .01 rebounds more if they played the same exact minutes.

Oh and Side note: Albeit a debatable statistic, Josh Smith's def rating is 104.7, whereas DMo is at 98.1. Albeit also scuewed because Smith's includes his time with the Pistons it shows he isn't exactly amazing on Defense.
http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#...=F&CF=GP*GE*20

Last edited by 2kCharles; 01-11-2015 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:23 AM   #403
MT3
Rookie

MT3's Arena

Red face Re: Ratings discussion thread (official roster)

nice update ! but i think missed this :
bucks : bayless 73
bulls : butler 88 , gasol 87
cavs : shumpert 75 , smith 76
celtics : thornton 74 , prince 73 , crowder 74(up defense)
clippers : davis 72
grizz : conley 88(up defense) , green 81
hawks : brand 72
hornets : taylor 70 , hairston 72
jazz : novak big down 67 , williams 68
kings : hollins 70
knicks : acy 73 , aldrich 70
lakers : randle 73 , black 71 , clarkson 68
magic : ben gordon 70 , aaron gordon 72
mavs : ellis 85 , parsons 83 , felton 72 , smith 70
nuggets : afflalo 81 , nurkic 74
pacers : mahinmi 71 ,miles 75
pelicans : asik 78 , pondexter 68 , salmons 71 , cunningham 72 , fredette 67(down 3pts)
pistons : jennings 83 , tolliver 69
rockets : terry 72 , jones 75 , dorsey 70
spurs : ayres 70 , bonner 71 , leonard 84 , parker 85 , duncan 88 , ginobili 82
suns : wright 75 , warren 70 , ennis 70
okc : lamb 72 , westbrook 91(down IQ)
wolves : raduljica 70
blazers : matthews 82(up defense)
warriors : curry : 94 , thompson 88 , bogut 82
wizards : wall 88 , beal 81 , nene 79 , seraphin 71 , blair 71

FA : dalembert 72 , austin 69 , wolters 69

thx for the great job
Old 01-11-2015, 04:27 AM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 1

Glad to see Motiejunas finally get a bump! Still think he deserves to be bumped in post defense considerably; according nba.com/stats, Motiejunas is the sixth best rim protector in the league, and SportsVU has him as the fastest seven footer in the league at 4.5 mph (so his athleticism should probably be raised as well). DMo has easily been one of the more reliable Rockets players this season, and I hope he'll soon get a bump in these areas as well!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #405
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike

Josh Smith is not overall better than D-Mo. Just stop it. Lmao.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 05:52 AM   #406
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCharles
Oh and Side note: Albeit a debatable statistic, Josh Smith's def rating is 104.7, whereas DMo is at 98.1. Albeit also scuewed because Smith's includes his time with the Pistons it shows he isn't exactly amazing on Defense.
http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#...=F&CF=GP*GE*20
Which is exactly why DRTG is a worthless stat, it is based off team production not individual defense.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 01-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #407
Banned

At least bump D-Mo's offensive and defensive consistency. And his quickness, speed etc.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #408
Rookie

With new update the Wizards are looking more like their real life counterpart on the offensive end. I can deal with the downgrade of Wall, Beal & Pierce, but the upgrades with the Wizards big men was the key for me. We're an inside -out team, now I can finally dominate in the hi & lo post.

It felt real good in my last few online league games to not have to force 25+ shots up with Wall in order to compete. It was nice to see Nene & Gortat to finish in pick-n-pop/fade situations. Kudos to Mike Stauffer.

Would still like to see our defense get better in the ratings department, but for now I'm fine, can't have it all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiz update.jpg (170.0 KB, 105 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »