Home

Should I buy 2k15 given the regression bug?

This is a discussion on Should I buy 2k15 given the regression bug? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Should I buy 2k15 given the regression bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
I was never band, just new service and account. if I was not injured I would not make a new account. and you calling me tough guy check your own self how you treat others members on here.

And who are these mods that you just threatening me with.
Not gonna Derail this thread.

OP let us know what you think of the game If you decide to get it.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #50
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
I was never band, just new service and account. if I was not injured I would not make a new account. and you calling me tough guy check your own self how you treat others members on here.

And who are these mods that you just threatening me with.
My man, I truly apologize.
vtcrb
I just been informed, that it's a deep association thing that I don't understand. you won't here from me again.

Last edited by madmax52277; 12-13-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can't believe people are calling this a bug.

it's not even close to a bug. It's a system that needs refining to be more realistic, but it's hardly a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #52
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34

it's not even close to a bug. It's a system that needs refining to be more realistic, but it's hardly a bug.
it doesn't affect euroleague or historic players as drastically so yes, it is a bug. (or at the very least, a massive oversight)
Old 12-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34

You're right, it's not a bug, it's an issue. An unbelievable one.

It's not a bug because it doesn't look like an unintended glitch or anything, just a system that wasn't tested thoroughly enough or one that wasn't seen as a problem by testers. I don't think we're overreacting by calling this a killer for us long term franchise mode players. I cannot look at a 31 year old Andrew Bogut or Danny Green and be okay with then in the 60's. That equates to DNP's.

Things happen all the time in real life making it unpredictable, but this regression system is not random, nor is it simply based on injury order performance like many people seem to think. (Although they are small factors, which is a good thing if implemented correctly.

By no means am I dogging anyone by saying this but I envy the guys who don't see this as a problem.

When I first started playing 2K, I would just play the game out of the box with no adjustments. Then I started to notice some gameplay things that bugged me and didn't happen in real life, so I started editing sliders. Afterwards, I noticed things that I couldn't simply fix with sliders, so I started editing roster files.

After playing multiple years in association, I noticed that 2Ks generated classes were unacceptable and held no resemblance to real life, so I started editing classes.

It's all the same sorta thing for me, this issue doesn't bother some people, so they don't see why it bothers guys like me so much. I honestly cannot play the game knowing that there will not be any worthwhile players in the league after the age of 30. (Excluding stars).

2K has done a phenomenal job this year, but they advertised this mode as one of the biggest draws for simheads and it just doesn't work for me if this regression system is not smoothed over.

That said, I STILL think you should buy the game. The gameplay is next level great and the patch (if I ever have the pleasure of playing with it) is said to make the experience even better..

Last edited by JA Money14; 12-12-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #54
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
You're right, it's not a bug, it's an issue. An unbelievable one.

It's not a bug because it doesn't look like an unintended glitch or anything, just a system that wasn't tested thoroughly enough or one that wasn't seen as a problem by testers. I don't think we're overreacting by calling this a killer for us long term franchise mode players. I cannot look at a 31 year old Andrew Bogut or Danny Green and be okay with then in the 60's. That equates to DNP's.

Things happen all the time in real life making it unpredictable, but this regression system is not random, nor is it simply based on injury order performance like many people seem to think. (Although they are small factors, which is a good thing if implemented correctly.

By no means am I dogging anyone by saying this but I envy the guys who don't see this as a problem.

When I first started playing 2K, I would just play the game out of the box with no adjustments. Then I started to notice some gameplay things that bugged me and didn't happen in real life, so I started editing sliders. Afterwards, I noticed things that I couldn't simply fix with sliders, so I started editing roster files.

After playing multiple years in association, I noticed that 2Ks generated classes were unacceptable and held no resemblance to real life, so I started editing classes.

It's all the same sorta thing for me, this issue doesn't bother some people, so they don't see why it bothers guys like me so much. I honestly cannot play the game knowing that there will not be any worthwhile players in the league after the age of 30. (Excluding stars).

2K has done a phenomenal job this year, but they advertised this mode as one of the biggest draws for simheads and it just doesn't work for me if this regression system is not smoothed over.

That said, I STILL think you should buy the game. The gameplay is next level great and the patch (if I ever have the pleasure of playing with it) is said to make the experience even better..
Very well worded my man. I'm commenting because I felt a "like" wasn't enough as you've accurately worded a lot of my thoughts on why it bothers me so much. Minus the part about the amazing roster/draft class/slider edits you guys do.

Which, by the way, I really hope it could somehow be feasible for stuff like that to be cross-platform in the future so I could enjoy things like SimWorld. I understand not being able to play each other online, but with my limited knowledge I've never quite understood why a draft class or roster only works for one platform.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Very well worded my man. I'm commenting because I felt a "like" wasn't enough as you've accurately worded a lot of my thoughts on why it bothers me so much. Minus the part about the amazing roster/draft class/slider edits you guys do.

Which, by the way, I really hope it could somehow be feasible for stuff like that to be cross-platform in the future so I could enjoy things like SimWorld. I understand not being able to play each other online, but with my limited knowledge I've never quite understood why a draft class or roster only works for one platform.
Maybe sometime in the future we can get a cross platform port of all of our projects! Thank you for the kind words sir
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #56
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose

+1 for cross platform roster sharing. seriously need that SimWorld experience

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »