Home

Why is there no Charles Barkley or classic Suns?

This is a discussion on Why is there no Charles Barkley or classic Suns? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #9
J.C
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why is there no Charles Barkley or classic Suns?

Thanks for giving me the lowdown on why he isn't in 2K. Hopefully they work something out down the line because him not being in sticks out like a sore thumb to me, the guy was a monster.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C
Thanks for giving me the lowdown on why he isn't in 2K. Hopefully they work something out down the line because him not being in sticks out like a sore thumb to me, the guy was a monster.

Definitely. He held his own and dominated every big man. He played the 4 but he was only 6'4 (listed 6'6") but out-rebounded the behemoths of the 90s

Best we can do is create him and add him to the 01 sixers with AI or something.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Best we can do is create him and add him to the 01 sixers with AI or something.
With AI? of course...

no i think we can create him and use the classic away II jerseys of the suns 93 to make the game 3, 4 and 5 and score 55 pts with Jordan! lol

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 12-18-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Lol come on man. It was pretty funny.

I stopped reading after you wrote Barkley is better than Jordan but hey, you're entirely entitled to your own opinion. Growing up, I hated Jordan because he crushed my Knicks and won a ring every year it seemed like. Meanwhile I wore his sneakers but I still knew he was the best. I liked Barkley but even he will admit MJ is the best to ever do it.

But I've never seen the comparison of Jordan and Barkley.. Not a serious one at least.
Thanks you man!

Yes there is a comparison because of the fact they are the greatest! It is as hard as to get Jordan or Barkley in 2k games. I think commercially a big big announcement we excpeted in 2k16 or 17, as big as for Jordan in 2k11.
Remember in 1993, the final was incredible, Barkley vs Jordan, everybody in the world was informed!
same hair style, same size, same elegance when they shot, 2 lions
remember in 1995, pippen should be traded to the suns with Majerle. Pippen and Barkley it is like Pippen and Jordan.
His shoes were the best after Air Jordan, excellent quality!
23 and after 34

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 12-18-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Barkley treats himself like a brand and because of it, demanded tons of money that no one wanted to pay (and rightfully) just to use his likeness in a video game. He basically isn't part of the NBA, he's always been his own brand.

Similar with Jordan in the 90s. Jordan owned his own rights and demanded a huge chunk of change. He had his own games too.. Like Chaos in the Windy City.

In Live, you just typed in a players last name in player creator mode and it would automatically add those players with attributes, looks, and all. It worked for Jordan and Barkely.. Man I miss the pixelated NBA live days lol

Oh and it definitely has to do with money when it comes to Barkley. On TNT, he accidentally let slip "I'm not doing anything for free" when Shaq told him 2K kept asking him to be in the game with Ernie and Shaq. Ernie quickly changed the subject.. I believe it was opening night and they were promoting 2K. Kenny Smith chimed in saying "is that supposed to be you, Ernie?".. Possibly alluding to the fact he doesn't think the graphics are good. Ernie responded "of course it's me, they scanned my face and body"
Barkley deserves to be paid if he is gonna be in the game period. They are using his likeness and making money off of it, so he should absolutely be paid and there's nothing wrong with that. 2k should use some of the money(which is tons) off of VC to pay some players(like reggie,barkley,kareem) to be in the game. Thats what the fans want, not some stupid cheerleader dance routine or 2ktv. They are just being greedy, but I'm sure there are some fanboys that will defend their every move.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoelite5
Barkley deserves to be paid if he is gonna be in the game period. They are using his likeness and making money off of it, so he should absolutely be paid and there's nothing wrong with that. 2k should use some of the money(which is tons) off of VC to pay some players(like reggie,barkley,kareem) to be in the game. Thats what the fans want, not some stupid cheerleader dance routine or 2ktv. They are just being greedy, but I'm sure there are some fanboys that will defend their every move.
Despite what you may think, the game still has to turn a profit. Now, while I really want these guys in game, I'm also aware of the absurd amounts of money these dudes request just to add their likeness to the game when it isn't really worth the financial investment. Take Jordan for example, he had to sign a contract for his rights in 2k that allowed them to use his likeness for several years(and best believe that cost a pretty penny). It makes sense because Jordan just so happens to be the most popular athlete of all time. Timing was also perfect as 2k11 marked the first time 2k completely took over the basketball game market with no competition. 2k12 they invested in guys like Kareem & C-Webb because the legends mode made sense that year due to the lockout.

With all that said, there are even reports that Barkley doesn't want to be in a game with Jordan(only exasperated by their recent rift) so it doesn't make it any easier.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Barkley doesn't want to be in a game period. He doesn't like the way athletes are used for profit in so many words so the high demand for money is just a way of throwing people off. He doesn't give a care if they never put him in a game.

The only reason he was in 2k13 was because Jay Z called him up and even then he said only if he's on the dream team will he agree.

Everyone doesn't care about your virtual experience like you do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Exactly. Not sure why some people seem to think that you can buy his likeness if you put up enough money....he still has to agree to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »