Home

shot releases aka perfect releases are tied to game speed.

This is a discussion on shot releases aka perfect releases are tied to game speed. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: shot releases aka perfect releases are tied to game speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
This..

I don't know what the OP is going on about.. I just went into practice and got multiple green releases with Korver no problem..
9/10 it's TV lag. I noticed this with my TV and I have vyperdrive that decreases the lag and there's still slight PS4 Bluetooth lag. Something sony has to fix with controllers with faster refresh rates or bluetooth speeds or something.

I played my very first 5-5 (only play park)against my cousin some weeks ago and I was hitting 3's consistently. It's the same 2k as always lol. I don't even really pay attention to the meter but if I do I usually make a good percentage of shots.

I really think it's lag tho. Plug it to a standard TV and check, but I do know there is some slight lag, which is why when you change speeds fast or slow you can hit shots with different forms better.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #34
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Wait. Have you thought about there shot ratings?? That has something to do with perfects too. I know as a 93 I don't get many but a 95 and I was getting 4 perfects a game in the park...
Silly post. As the nonsense post above about TV lag lol. Let me explain.

Ratings have nothing to do with getting a perfect release. It has everything to do with the signature shot. If Korver as an example of a known glitched shot can get even one perfect release on hof sim on standing and non moving 3s ONLY and ONLINE and at 50 default speed (for online players who cannot edit sliders); then not getting them frequently is user error, and not the result of a glitched shot.

Some of yall need to re-read what the OP says before you try to disprove what we have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt; that certain sig shots cannot achieve green aka perfect releases on standing still 3 pointers in the aforementioned settings and conditions of hof sim and online, that I and many others in this thread have been harping on for weeks now.

When you intransigent disbelieving posters prove us wrong with legitimate vids contradicting these assertions, I will gladly shut up and go back into my blissful corner of competitive online leagues where every player can succeed on the merits of user skill if said user skill results in being able to drain shots regularly if you know the release points of the players regardless of rating and according to the games animations.

And of course defense can always alter the success of a shot, so no I'm not advocating easier shooting by any means. That's why I only play in OLs that are on hof sim for maximum difficulty that requires a high bball iq in addition to stick skills to compete. The ultimate question is why certain players regardless of skill or rating can get perfects while others can't? Is it bias, ignorance, or coding; doubt it's any of them; rather it's a signature shot issue coupled with game speed people. Get it? Got it? Good!

/rant over

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 12-23-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Everyone can get perfect with korver on hof sim. That isnt what the post is about. My initial post says that. The issue is you not being able to do it on the default game speed of 50 on hof sim.

This witch hunt has no end. Before it was post a video and I did and he did. Two people have now shown proof. Before it was you CANT get a three period with Korver on HOF/SIM. We all remember that, right? It's broken. Now it's broken under certain circumstances? maybe that's why 2K isn't acknowleging this.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what video is posted or what proof is shown. . . It seems like ignorance is bliss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #36
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
This witch hunt has no end. Before it was post a video and I did and he did. Two people have now shown proof. Before it was you CANT get a three period with Korver on HOF/SIM. We all remember that, right? It's broken. Now it's broken under certain circumstances? maybe that's why 2K isn't acknowleging this.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what video is posted or what proof is shown. . . It seems like ignorance is bliss.
Give it up man. The devs have been updating certain sig shots in the roster updates which fixed certain players like wes Mathews, whom out of the box, could not achieve a perfect release on standing still and non moving 3s, on hof sim and online and on 50 game speed (for those of us in online leagues that cannot edit sliders).

Old 12-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Give it up man. The devs have been updating certain sig shots in the roster updates which fixed certain players like wes Mathews, whom out of the box, could not achieve a perfect release on standing still and non moving 3s, on hof sim and online and on 50 game speed (for those of us in online leagues that cannot edit sliders).

There is nothing to give up my man, you were wrong. The funniest thing is I agree with you guys that Korver should be easier to shoot with just like the Copelands of the world.

Nevertheless, a few of you have asked for PROOF with certain credentials (Orginally HOF/SIM on standing three) and it has been given several times and for you guys to refute it like the evidence doesn't exist is befuddling. You ask, you receive, yet you don't believe. Why even ask other OS members to take time out their day if the video will be dismissed regardless?

My only point is Korver shot is not broken on HOF/SIM at game speed 50. I'm sure I don't have a special copy. I can't argue ANYTHING else as I have not tested it. Very valid points about this subject but Korver ain't one of them.

Edit: By the way, that picture of what beds says proves nothing. Not trying to come at your neck but I work in sales. That's a play with words that shows zero commitment or acknowledging an issue. Just an, "okay I got you, I'll inform management" I say the same thing to every complaining client.

Edit 2: Shout out to whomever figured this out. They're right. Game speed definitely dictates success to some extent. Went into practice with Korver and I never have hard time with him. Probably can get 2-3 out of 10 three perfect releases on my game speed of 54 or 56. At 50, it took me about 40 shots to get one green. Unreasonable for his caliber of a shooter.

Last edited by Nevertheles109; 12-23-2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Adding
Old 12-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #38
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
shot releases aka perfect releases are tied to game speed.

Just for fun I took the Cavs into practice mode for about a half hour to see what they had.

Here were my quick results.

Player/rating/shots took to hit green from three

Jones 90 didn't get green from three
Love 85 didn't get green from three
Harris 85 didn't get green from three
James 84 - 2 shots to get green
Dellavedova 84 - 12 shots to get green from three
Irving 83 - 1 shot to get green from three
Miller 83 - didn't get green from three
Marion 81 - didn't get green from three

Moral of the story:

Irving is INSANELY easy to shoot with and since this is Beds team don't expect Korver to shoot like he's capable of this season.

Not saying any of those guys are broken, don't know for sure. Just a quick run through with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 12-23-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #39
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

Your edit number 2 essentially validates what the OP and many others are saying. For those that play offline it's not a fix to change the game speed because it fixes certain players and glitches others. For online players, the same concept rings true not withstanding the fact that we cannot edit the game speed online in play-a -friend match or more specifically in online leagues.

And if beds has changed signature shots for certain players in recent updates after consultation with the sig shot devs, which subsequently allowed said player **wes Mathews** to get perfect releases; then I'm sorry, that unequivocally proves our point that the solution to this issue is not editing game speed...it's editing the sig shot forms and shot bases which will translate offline to online on any level of difficulty or mode. My question remains; Why can certain players get perfect releases in freestyle mode routinely and others never get them without game speed manipulation?

Last edited by amedawg00; 12-23-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
There is nothing to give up my man, you were wrong. The funniest thing is I agree with you guys that Korver should be easier to shoot with just like the Copelands of the world.

Nevertheless, a few of you have asked for PROOF with certain credentials (Orginally HOF/SIM on standing three) and it has been given several times and for you guys to refute it like the evidence doesn't exist is befuddling. You ask, you receive, yet you don't believe. Why even ask other OS members to take time out their day if the video will be dismissed regardless?

My only point is Korver shot is not broken on HOF/SIM at game speed 50. I'm sure I don't have a special copy. I can't argue ANYTHING else as I have not tested it. Very valid points about this subject but Korver ain't one of them.

Edit: By the way, that picture of what beds says proves nothing. Not trying to come at your neck but I work in sales. That's a play with words that shows zero commitment or acknowledging an issue. Just an, "okay I got you, I'll inform management" I say the same thing to every complaining client.

Edit 2: Shout out to whomever figured this out. They're right. Game speed definitely dictates success to some extent. Went into practice with Korver and I never have hard time with him. Probably can get 2-3 out of 10 three perfect releases on my game speed of 54 or 56. At 50, it took me about 40 shots to get one green. Unreasonable for his caliber of a shooter.
Not to get in a tit for tat thing but what was said in Edit 2, that's the whole point of the op making thread. I don't know if when you guys were getting greens with Korver in the first videos but if you weren't using hof sim default settings (no slider changes, no roster edits, no player edits) you might owe that man an apology.

I understand the point and use of the sliders. I appreciate the testing of theories before we just all scream fire in issues like these. But once it appears to be sound we need to support our community. Many of us are online gamers and this is a major issue for us. We already are short changed in our Game mode. But there is a reason why my career, my team and my league have seen a lot of attention. One the extra money they can make with vc, but also because those who play those modes have banded together and supported the louder voices. Even though 2k doesn't want to do it the crew community worked hard enough to get some type of crew back in the game. So let's at the least work together to get a LEGIT response from 2k.

Again this was not an attack. Just voicing my opinion. And you know what pimp said about opinions. In the end this is something that competitively can destroy the game. And if the Game isn't competitive what's the point

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »