Home

Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

This is a discussion on Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #57
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Best console basketball title ever made.

It has taken the mantle away from 2K11, a game I played till the release of this gem. Post patch this game is incredible IMO. The amount of depth in MyLeague is insane. The level of depth in-game is better than any other sports game I have played. The amount of in-game adjustments and level of strategy needed to beat elite teams and very good teams is amazing. And if you fall asleep vs a middling team, they can take you out as well and exploit you.

Bravo Visual Concepts. Flat out awesome effort.
Well said. I love that the teams play like they do in real life and you have to use real basketball tactics to be successful. I just started a MyLeague with the Knicks and it's going to be tough sledding, but I love the challenge.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 01-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #58
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This was fixed in the last patch. They come up every time for me now.
It still happens after the patch but not much for me. The thing that still pisses me off the most after the patch is still the dumb AI controlled players. I'm yelling at the TV every game because my AI controlled center wants to come off his man for no damn reason and leave his man open under the paint.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Game is a lot of fun for me....even more post patch...

I think the fun factor would return for a lot of guys if they allow to instead of coming here seemingly after every game to drop some hyperbole about how the game is impossible to play,. Feedback is one thing but why even start up a game you don't plan on enjoying? Mind boggling to me.

Anyway, definitely loving the gameplay though.

They really do need to get online together though....at this point I would think it 'd pride thing to be constantly called out on it...
I can't speak for everyone but the only reason i play this game is because i love basketball and unfortunately this is the only basketball game available. And no, live isn't a viable alternative.

I voted average, the gameplay just takes the score down for me. Available game modes are good, let's say 8/10. The gameplay, especially online, gets a big fat F from me. Unresponsive controls, slow animations for pretty much everything you can think of (pullups, passes, post up, picks, defensive movements in general), more often then not the game uses the wrong animation when you pass leading to easily avoidable turnovers, wide open teammates making completely nonsensical cuts where they go hide behind the nearest defender, shooters cutting towards the basket instead of staying where they are, non-shooters doing the opposite, the rebounding, etc.... The absolute worst part is how off ball defenders are rewarded online. This game and 2k14 are a huge step back from 2k13, which had near perfect gameplay imo except for the lack of blocks and the turbo cheese which were two things i thought should've been pretty easy to fix.

But it's not that hard to see why everyone likes it, this game is as cheeser-friendly as ever and going by my personal experiences online about 90% is just running around dunking with their 90 contact dunk tendency and posterizer badges and playing off ball defense. So yeah, that explains why the majority loves it.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #60
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I can't speak for everyone but the only reason i play this game is because i love basketball and unfortunately this is the only basketball game available. And no, live isn't a viable alternative.

I've heard this before...guess its just a philosophical difference...

I love football, and I haven't been truly happy with Madden in years but I'm a bit too busy to be throwing it in and forcing myself to play it when I don't enjoy it,....goes against the entire point of playing a video game to me...to each his own though.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-01-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #61
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
How can people say great when we still have an incomplete game? I mean when are they going to fix the statistical overlays instead of just having 45 seconds of Commentary with nothing up on the screen and no way of skipping past it. Let's take a look at the season assist leaders...... I'm looking but I ain't seein!!!
They are there. But if you press "X" on the PS4 (not sure bout Xone) as they are coming up, then the game will sometimes talk about them but not show them.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #62
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

For me this game is simply amazing. I play on Default All-Star and the variety of games that I see is great. I played 4 games today. Lost to the Blazers by 20 (only scored 77pts), then lost to the Kings by 8 after we had a meltdown for about 3 minutes where the Kings went on a 10-0 run to turn a 4pt deficit into a 6pt lead with 2 minutes to go. Then we traded baskets pretty much. Next I lose to the Hawks after G.Hill and C.J.Miles both get hurt during the game. Follow that up by playing the Clippers at home who had won 5 in a row and I dominate them by 20 without G.Hill, C.J. Miles, and Solomon Hill.

Game is absolutely beautiful. Is it perfect? No, but it is by far the best basketball video game that I have ever played.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-02-2015, 12:17 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Out of curiosity, what about this is so great that you'd want to go back to? The Mario running/lack of multiple player interaction? The everyone jump straight up rebounding? The perimeter bump back animations? The complete lack of bounce passes? Those [not very] dynamic rim/ball physics perhaps

I actually liked the crowds and miss how people would walk around - but think I remember some complain it was distracting, so guess that's why it was removed. I'm in no way trying to diss 2K11 because it was great for it's time and I loved it. But this overly romantic/nostalgic view that everything was roses with the game doesn't represent what the game was and what it's evolved to
Interesting question but almost everything about 2k11 was spot on in gameplay what it lacked in superficial graphics compared to today's post patch 3 gameplay of 2k15. 2k11 you actully controlled your outcome more and felt very little input lag. Fouls were called that were obvious...turnovers seemed appropriate...good shots and high percentage shots had a good chance to go in... rebounds offensive or defensive felt balanced and there was less cheese shooting, charging, zigzag. You're talking eye candy in this video. Hard core gamers should care less about how the game looks and care more about feel and control, after all the game should feel responsive to that next gen controller in your hands. 2k15 post patch 3 is like watching a game on demo mode.... You're not really controlling outcomes. ..just watching 2k's version of scenarios playing out. Its a game...we have controllers. ..let us actually play. We all as ga ers should demand and expect more 4 years after 2k11
Old 01-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #64
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Ya I definitely notice the input lag. My friends hate playing this game because when you compare it to a game like FIFA the level of control is abysmal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »