Home

Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

This is a discussion on Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #25
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbals
what the hell?
What the heaven ... yes, after I found out that the halftime show was a complete downgrade from NBA2k14, I decided not to buy NBAk215. NBA2k15's halftime show was amateurish, no real substance. Many others were also extremely disappointed by the lack of halftime show.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 21

It's unfortunate some choose to weigh perceived negatives (inability to edit headbands, lack of a comprehensive halftime show) inappropriately to perceived positives (vastly improved editing options overall, improvements to presentation overall). For all the hard work 2K did with supercharging MyLeague/Franchise mode, some choose to say all that work was worthless because of a single issue (regression) - which most people probably won't even notice. And from my understanding can be worked around. I've seen people here beg for editing options to fix problems, then when they're given the options they say they shouldn't have to make the changes. People beg for more slider options, then when given the options they say they shouldn't have to adjust them. Has to be frustrating from a developer standpoint, especially when most other sports games don't offer anywhere near this level of customization and ability to tweak a game to ones tastes.

While the core gameplay has always been solid, I think it's remarkable how much more it's improved over the past 2 1/2 months since the game released. I get that maybe the game isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's absolutely ridiculous imo some try to say the game is a poor effort.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #27
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
What the heaven ... yes, after I found out that the halftime show was a complete downgrade from NBA2k14, I decided not to buy NBAk215. NBA2k15's halftime show was amateurish, no real substance. Many others were also extremely disappointed by the lack of halftime show.
Dude. For the hundreds of hours of awesome gameplay Ive recieved the minor annoyance of a poor halftime show is irrelevant.

We all derive different things from games, but I think you have misplaced priorities on this one.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #28
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbals
what the hell?

Yeh offline players seem to be alot happier. I played a couple of games offline its not too bad.

But im strictly a head to head online player who lived for the competitive battles of 2k11, 12, 13............. and 2k14 and 2k15 have been pretty much unplayable in my opinion.
This pretty much sums up what I think could be a great game to a good/ pretty good game. I would give it a 7.5 right NOW.

This games relies way too much on online connectivity. With servers in their current state it makes it nearly impossible to play in a productive manner. It makes me feel like they didn't account for the launch and then again the amount of new purchasers around the holiday. Almost like they didn't stress test their servers to begin with.

When it's working I could easily give it a 9. It has it's room for improvement, but I really like all the options and how it plays. I can get over the very minor annoyances.

2K15 was touted as having better servers after seeing what happened to 2K14 launch. Then an equally bad launch occurred and now this week. Fool me once/ twice scenario.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #29
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Dude. For the hundreds of hours of awesome gameplay Ive recieved the minor annoyance of a poor halftime show is irrelevant.

We all derive different things from games, but I think you have misplaced priorities on this one.
You're probably totally on point. There are individuals that take issue with wrong accessories, incorrect sneakers, headbands, elbow sleeves, and even the wrong color Bulls Red jersey. I don't care about any of that stuff, and would most certainly overlook those things and buy the game. But the halftime show is something that I clearly notice. It is something that bugs me, but not others. People make their buying decision on the oddest things.

And if you're wondering, if they leave out a solid halftime show again for NBA2k16, I'll skip again. But I do have $65 (game+tax) ready for 2k if they so choose.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 12-31-2014, 12:25 AM   #30
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34
Despite Its Initial Blemishes, NBA 2K15 Held in High Regard

Idk what happened but this game plays great now. I just played it for the first time in over a month and I beat a guy online who was 55-8.

Shot selection and smart defense decided the game
Old 12-31-2014, 03:49 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 4

Offline player here. Way to Flaws in game to ever consider it great. Mainly the legacy issues. Game runs on some pretty stiff rails mixed with input lag.

It is a game and does not represent simulation of the nba. I dont think its bad, its good.

Just doesnt feel organic most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 04:06 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm not trying to troll (like someone said earlier), but am I the only person who feels like the controls for this game are sluggish and delayed? Nevermind the cosmetics, when I have the controller in my hand I feel like I have maybe 20% control. Please, someone just be honest and tell me. Am I the only person who feels like this game was made to play itself and give the user minimum control? I feel like the only way to be successful in this game is to run plays, from a designated spot without touching the analog (unless to shoot) and only press x to pass and square to shoot (analog). The sluggish controls are a turn off from trying to create your own offense, or even attempt to play D. Someone please teach me how to play this game because I don't see the gameplay that warrants all of this praise. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuine. Please show me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »