Home

2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

This is a discussion on 2K Gameplay is too stale/basic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #73
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
No one forced you to read any of my responses earlier (including this one), but you did, disagreed with what I said , and responded to it....and that's fine...this is a forum...not a new concept.

I was just suggesting putting them in the thread built for feedback instead of putting them in multiple threads....especially when it's the same complaint (sometimes word for word) you've posted multiple times, or isn't on topic....not every thread is an itemized complaint thread..
So 24 i have a honest question. Is it ok to have the same compliment, but not ok to have the same complaint?

Why is it ok for a user to get banned for repeating a complaint or making a thread about a complaint, but not ok for a user to get banned for making multiple compliments? I mean like you said, no one forces anyone to read any responses.

I know one response will be.....so tje board doesn't get cluttered. But wouldnt it get cluttered with just compliment/praise responses anyway?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #74
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0

This started out as a good thread with good input , 1 day later.. not so much.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:06 AM   #75
Just started!

Here me out here. I've been playing 2K15 PS4 for about a month here and the thing I notice most is how basic and stale the gameplay is. It's just really hard to imitate some real life play style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 12:12 AM   #76
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

Never mind..........

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-05-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:48 AM   #77
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I just played a game against the Knicks. They toasted me for 64 points in the first half, and made 9 3s. I switched up my defensive POE and made a real effort to control dudes off ball to limit their 3s.

They only made 1 in the 2nd half, and I held them to 46. Also I was doubling really intelligently on Melo and held him to 12/27 shooting.

Not to mention the numerous loose ball scraps and rebpunding battles.

I can only speak for offline MyGM and the ability to alter sliders, but this game is far, far from stale.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:06 AM   #78
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

one thing that does bother me is that the CPU seems to get at least half of its points off of last-second contested shots. that is a pattern that you do see over and over. the cpu will try to run a play or something…then that doesn't work, so with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, the ball handler will do a little hesitation and either jack up a contested jumper and make it...or he'll do the hesitation and drive to the rim for a layup or get fouled with 1 second left on the shot clock. the CONSISTENCY with which this happens is frustrating and pretty obvious. the CPU gets bailed out way too much on forced shots late in the shot clock. no matter what you do on defense, they will get bailed out in order to consistently score and stay the game. it's annoying, but doesn't ruin the game for me. i realize that the CPU needs to get bailed out in these situations sometimes otherwise you'd blow them out every game.

Last edited by blues rocker; 01-05-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #79
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Didn't know people paid attention to that kind of thing in forums in 2015....it's literally never had an impact on if I decide to click on a.thread or not, I'm on my phone most of the time so I can't see thread ratings anyway ....so yeah, maybe I do have it twisted if that's still a "thing"
I think the thread rating impacts whether the devs who visit the site click on the link or not. A low rated thread will probably be skipped over, which means that even good feedback gets passed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the part in bold above is incorrect. if you hold the left stick in the direction the receiver is moving just before he catches the ball and keep holding it forward, he will seamlessly catch the ball and continue dribbling without stopping. this is one of the great things about 2k15, because you couldn't do that in previous years, but 2k finally gave you the ability to queue up a "moving catch" by holding the left stick forward as the ball is received.
It's inconsistent. I played a few My Career games last night, and I have a huge issue with my player stopping after catching the ball. I am almost always moving on offense unless the play that's called has me standing still, but I still get forced to stop on the catch about 50% of the time, and even more than that when I'm trying to run a fast break.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #80
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I agree with the OP on some things. A few portions of the game definitely need some work. I think a lot of the speed/closeout issues can be resolved if they add true footplanting and momentum. Right now, guys can change directions on a dime and go from a standstill to closeout speed in a snap because of the sliding and lack of footplanting. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it does happen often enough to notice that it's an issue. The speed/momentum/footplanting issue also affects guys coming off screens. I've never seen a player come off a screen and burst to the outside for a really nice catch and shoot three, a la Ray Allen. Footplanting is a humongous part of having a consistent jumper, especially off the catch, and right now, it doesn't exist.

Currently, guys feet just slide into place for the jump shot, instead of them planting their feet for it.

The boxout system needs a complete overhaul. I play mostly My Career, with a little Association sprinkled in, and it always bothers me how easily the CPU can box me out. Even if I'm running full speed toward the hoop, I immediately stop and get sucked into the boxout animation when a CPU player is nearby (unless the shot is going to go in, then I can magically get into good position for an offensive board). That alone wouldn't be horrible, but the fact that there is no control to fight around the box out just makes it an annoyance. I can't spin, I can't juke around them, I can't even give up on the rebound and try to get back on defense because I'm locked into the animation until they let me go. On the other side of the ball, even if I'm in position and trying to box them out, I will often just slide out of place and give up the offensive rebound.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »