Home

How to shoot online on HOF sim-need help

This is a discussion on How to shoot online on HOF sim-need help within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 07:31 PM   #25
Banned

LeVar24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to shoot online on HOF sim-need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
A couple of years ago, Gerald Green was on the Pacers. He was a monster and I could score like crazy with that guy.

Late in the game though, I would notice in certain spots he would miss shots I thought he should hit but didn't. Once I learned from experience he wouldn't hit I could either choose to keep shooting that shot or decide to not shoot it.

Deciding not to shoot those shots in those situations was the better decision if I wanted a chance to win.

So in general, if experience using certain players in certain situations tells you they won't hit that shot in that situation then the answer is yes, that's what I'm saying. You got to pass that shot up.

I'm not saying you shouldn't shoot a wide open shot in every situation. It's going to depend on what you learn about your team.

If you use one team all the time like I do, you eventually learn the players limitations.

Real basketball is the same way. You know when a guy on your team probably won't hit a shot and hope he doesn't take it and if you absolutely know he won't hit it but will shoot anyway and don't want him to take the shot you don't pass him the ball even if he is wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #26
Banned

LeVar24's Arena

I gotta get that in my head to even pass up an wide open shots,that's just goes against my bball IQ because I was taught hit the open man if open especially if he's an high% shooter but I guess need to take to account that my lakers roster does lack consistent knock down shooters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #27
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Don't practice offline for league games because shot releases are different . use ranked games is how many of us in league can shoot above 40%

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #28
MVP

jk31's Arena

I never play offline. Have no fun playing the CPU.

Here are my Stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2uhbZs/pubhtml

So what you are trying me to say is don't shoot with guys, with whom I'm not hitting the open shots? Norris Cole and Rasual Butler should be the only ones I should run 3PT plays for, because they are the only ones that hit at a high percentage?

I mean, I don't shoot many threes, because I don't believe in my shooters and just take the ones who are 100% open... And i should just pass even half of them which means I'll end up with just let's say 5 or 6 shots from outside in a whole game?
Old 01-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #29
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31

Here are my Stats:

So what you are trying me to say is don't shoot with guys, with whom I'm not hitting the open shots? Norris Cole and Rasual Butler should be the only ones I should run 3PT plays for, because they are the only ones that hit at a high percentage?

I mean, I don't shoot many threes, because I don't believe in my shooters and just take the ones who are 100% open... And i should just pass even half of them which means I'll end up with just let's say 5 or 6 shots from outside in a whole game?
That's really good data.

Only you can answer that based on the experience you have with those guys situationally.

Obviously you are selecting good shots for Butler and Cole from three hitting nearly 1 out of every 2 from three.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:04 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Here are my Stats:

That's some good stuff here, all manually in by you after each game ?
Old 01-08-2015, 06:44 AM   #31
MVP

jk31's Arena

Yeah. Nearly everyone in my league does that. The template was made by me. So we have Stats on our league homepage, though there is no community page and no stats inside the online league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 07:21 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Yeah. Nearly everyone in my league does that. The template was made by me. So we have Stats on our league homepage, though there is no community page and no stats inside the online league.
Well that's some nasty hard work which i like but eventhough i have it all in php coding on my website nobody takes that much effort to put in all these stats, it's really time consuming and i applaud your effort with your buds.

Well sorry going off topic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »