Home

MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten)

This is a discussion on MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2015, 05:05 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
Do they lose stats in all categories or just physical and ovr? Do all players lose the same amount of stats too or does potential make it slower?

I don't know if potential makes it slow or not. I just now that players at 30 fall of a hill like they are 33-34 and at 28 they tend to get worse to. Just about ever player at 30 has a big drop. You should have some guys at 30 drop off by 1 other guys stay the same other guys drop off by 6 ect. Right now basicly ever guy at 30 will drop off by 4-6 points and then another 4-6 points at 31, 32 ect. Some times guys will drop off in shooting even though shooting is like the last thing to go for nba players and some times there iq goes down and guys don't get more stupid so that is just stupid lol. When I did a simulation sever times ever yes ever player at 30 or older went down other then james, Carmelo and paul and out of all the players who are 30,31 I would say like 90% of them went down by 4-6 points. I even see guys go down who are like 28 even after having a good season. I had a simulation where curry averaged a carrier high in points assest and fg% yet he at the age of 28 went down like 2 points.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:30 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was hoping potential would make some fall off slower than other. It would also be nice if physical stats dropped but iqs went up but I havent tested enough to know.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #35
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
No, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden are superstars.

Bogut and Lowry are incredible players and tops at their respective positions, but they are not superstars. Maybe mid-range was a bad use of words and in no way am I comparing the extremely overhyped Michael Carter-Williams to the likes of Kyle Lowry, but hopefully you get the gist.

My point was that it is perfectly fine if a guy that averaged 10 minutes a game his entire career is gone by 30, but guys that are big time players in this league should not be gone at such an age. Guys like Michael Beasley, Steve Francis and Tracy McGrady are exceptions, not the rule.
Not attacking you or anything like that, but I'm getting extremely tired of seeing comments like this being made. Is Michael Carter-Williams in the all-star game? No. Did anyone ever call him an all-star? No. Can he shoot the ball? No. The fact of the matter is, MCW is 6'7 a second year PASSING point guard who has been FORCED into a scoring role because of a lack of talent on his team. He does what he has too as a starting point guard in the NBA. He is the only player in the NBA averaging 15-7-6 and he's doing his best in a bad situation and trying to be a leader. He's a good passer, a great rebounder, and he plays tough opportunistic defense (almost 2 steals per game for his career).

So no, MCW is not "overhyped" he's not overrated. He's a good young player with a bright future who is getting prepped to lead a team that is gathering assets to be a playoff contender in the future. And the OS community needs to be respectful of his unique talent, because quite frankly he's doing stuff right now that no one else in the NBA is able to do at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4
Cool Re: MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Not attacking you or anything like that, but I'm getting extremely tired of seeing comments like this being made. Is Michael Carter-Williams in the all-star game? No. Did anyone ever call him an all-star? No. Can he shoot the ball? No. The fact of the matter is, MCW is 6'7 a second year PASSING point guard who has been FORCED into a scoring role because of a lack of talent on his team. He does what he has too as a starting point guard in the NBA. He is the only player in the NBA averaging 15-7-6 and he's doing his best in a bad situation and trying to be a leader. He's a good passer, a great rebounder, and he plays tough opportunistic defense (almost 2 steals per game for his career).

So no, MCW is not "overhyped" he's not overrated. He's a good young player with a bright future who is getting prepped to lead a team that is gathering assets to be a playoff contender in the future. And the OS community needs to be respectful of his unique talent, because quite frankly he's doing stuff right now that no one else in the NBA is able to do at all.
Haha, ShadyMike is either MCW or his mom...
Old 01-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike

Dude, I am an NBA fan, so I respect all players and what they bring to the table. I refuse to put Kyle Lowry and MCW in the same category. I consider him overrated, but largely the comment was geared toward the regression issue and not my thoughts about him.

If you disagree with me, that's cool, I am not expecting everyone to love or agree with my opinions, but I wasn't attacking him as a person or player although it may have seemed that way. I understand you're a Sixers fan so it may be easier for you to be offended at that.

At any rate, this is wayyy off topic and if you want to continue just hit me up via PMs because this should not overtake the main point.

You see what the regression issue is leading to, 2K? You're tearing us apart!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #38
Rookie

Has anyone tried increasing the potential of players ages 28 and over to see what that does? I know people have messed with ages and sliders but what about the potential rating?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #39
Banned

In last gen game increasing of potential of players was helping players not to drop so fast after 29-30 old age. I would spend hours before the start of my association and revisit all teams with tweakering in order to have realistic outcome.

Right now I have a lot of projects in a real life, I don't have a time to spend on tweaking a game as I used to. Listen, this is does not seem like one hell of problem for devs to fix and I don't want to wait one year more for a next title which just probably will change this design decision of current which breaks all fun for me of two mods in game which I enjoy most.

I really want to see some kind of reply from 2k team.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #40
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
Dude, I am an NBA fan, so I respect all players and what they bring to the table. I refuse to put Kyle Lowry and MCW in the same category. I consider him overrated, but largely the comment was geared toward the regression issue and not my thoughts about him.

If you disagree with me, that's cool, I am not expecting everyone to love or agree with my opinions, but I wasn't attacking him as a person or player although it may have seemed that way. I understand you're a Sixers fan so it may be easier for you to be offended at that.

At any rate, this is wayyy off topic and if you want to continue just hit me up via PMs because this should not overtake the main point.

You see what the regression issue is leading to, 2K? You're tearing us apart!
Doesn't matter... By current status MCW will not be on a MyLeague roster in 4 years due to progression/regression
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »