Home

MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten)

This is a discussion on MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten)

not that there haven't been other threads & not that there isn't a regression testing thread to assist us in finding a workaround for this issue; but i just feel that this issue should remain in a forefront capacity considering we have not yet gotten a response and we are nearing the halfway point in the gaming cycle.

i realize that many consider it to be a non-issue for 90% of the players in the HIGHLY touted MyLeague to DRASTICALLY regress once they reach 27-28 but for the MANY of us that purchase this game solely because of these such modes & even moreso because of how this mode was stream-promoted here on OS; this is a MUST fix or at BARE minimum MUST-ADDRESS for us. We should at least be informed as to if a fix is coming or if we HAVE to create our own tedious workarounds to enjoy the mode after one season.

I am sure many are, like myself; SLOWLY going through their first season of their MyLeague until we get ANY kind of word on this. In hopes that we can go through our MyLeagues as usual & as we expected to.

This post is not meant to be a rant nor is it an attack BUT serve as a reminder that failing to acknowledge & address on the very site that was used to promote the mode is extremely concerning. And hopefully now after the holidays we can get even the slightest inclination as to IF this will even be fixed. There was a LOT of fluid communication on this mode prior to & shortly after release... it'd be nice to get the same on an issue that so largely impacts the mode itself.

P.S. - anyone posting please refrain from trolling, attacking & being belligerent while expressing your discontent.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 01-07-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MyLeague Regression - (Because the issue should not be forgotten)

I fully support this. Any official word on whether this will be fixed would be nice. All it takes is a yes or no. I don't need a time frame of when it will be fixed. Just a simple yes or no on the subject. Some kind of assurance that it is being worked on. If it isn't going to be fixed, then state that and let us move on. Much like ronyell said, this was one of the biggest modes hyped when 2K15 first opened the flood gates on info. This regression issue severely hampers this mode. I know most of the 2K players just play online, but for us remaining who dive deep into our franchise modes, this is an issue that needs to be addressed. It shouldn't be any less important just because it isn't a mode most 2K players play. All the silence is disturbing since there was so many devs on OS in September/October. I understand that work on 2K16 has already started, but a dev taking a few minutes out of their day to just give a response on this I don't feel is too much to ask.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

I agree as well and my decision on whether or not to purchase the game may hinge on whether this issue will be addressed.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10

Any workaround, except changing every player age? Maybe use training on high intensity? Maybe players will gain some ovrl points, and even if they regress they still will keep their ovrl on the same lvl? Any ideas?

Old 01-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

I run an online league that will use an offline myleague to generate roster progression and regression for season 2 of our league. Does the regression bug happen after 1 season or 2 seasons. I am strictly an online league player but this issue is extremely concerning. Can anyone confirm if this is an issue after just one simmed season. Thank you and in this case I stand in solidarity with my offline brethren. If any dev can chime in, it'll have to be Leftos or Davez as they were the ones promoting this mode the most pre and post release. Ld2k will just give is platitudes of "the devs have been informed" so let's hope those very devs can cut out the middle man and respond to this legitimate and thoughtfully expressed complaint thread.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Let our voice be heard BROTHAS!!!!!!(and sisters)!!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

A regression slider would really fix this--then people could adjust it accordingly.

FWIW, I'm NOT seeing this issue as much anymore with CPU-generated players.

I think the issue could be fixed by a combination of tweaking the regression curves for a FEW attributes and possibly

Overall, the league is slightly too young, but there are MANY teams in my current MyLeague who have 4-6 guys who are 30 or older, which is VERY realistic. I think what may be happening, though, is that players OVR rating is leading them to be undervalued despite having valuable skills.

Superstars seem to age well, KD is currently 35 in MyLeague and 85 overall, still torched me. I've seen some pleasant exceptions for non-stars, too, e.g. Jeremy Lin managed to stay in the mid/high 70s well into his 30s. The best player in the league is a 97 OVR SG who's 31 years old and showing no sign of slowing down, and basically hasn't regressed. I actually traded him away around 28 in anticipation of his regression, and turned out to be totally wrong, which was kind of cool. Suggests to me, though, that this issue may have worse effect on pre-existing players rather than generated players.

But let's remember: Roughly 18% of the NBA is 30 or older--that's it. The guys who do make it past 30 are usually pretty remarkable. So the leagues don't need to get DRASTICALLY older, and in fact most role players don't make it past age 30. It just seems like a few more should.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

This is one of the most annoying things I've seen in any 2K. We need it fixed because for some people this is a league killer. I know most players don't make it past 30, but we're not talking about Troy Daniels and Jorge Gutierrez, guys like Bogut, Iguodala, J. Smith, Rudy Gay, Kyle Lowry, Carter-Williams, and those mid range guys that aren't going to be terrible by age 28.

I'm not saying they need to overhaul it, but a tweak in the right direction will work wonders with me. Guys that spend 2+ Months editing this game to near perfection don't want to spend anymore time every offseason going through every team! It's mind numbing.

2K has been absolutely on the ball (excluding patch-gate) in regards to listening and promptly responding so I see no reason that should be ending now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »