Home

Need Help Shooting at Park

This is a discussion on Need Help Shooting at Park within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #25
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need Help Shooting at Park

Just started playing MyCareer/Park a couple of weeks and have completely maxed out my shooting over the past couple of days.

Offline is pie. Can get perfect releases without any problem with pretty much any jumper I pick on superstar difficulty.

The park is a different story...at least from 3. From midrange, I can get perfect releases quite frequently and my open jumpers usually go in.

From 3, I rarely make anything despite the maxed out shooting. It is incredibly frustrating to watch the person I'm guarding rain contested 3's down in my face while I will constantly brick wide open spot up 3's. I can never get perfect releases from 3 either.

I simply do not get jump shooting in the park game mode.

The only theory I have so far is that it correlates with hotspots. I haven't earned any hot spots yet as I have pumped more time into the park than career. I'm going to try and build up my hotspots from 3 tonight to see how much they actually help.

I know this, if having neutral hot/cold spots is truly causing me to suck this bad from 3 then 2k should re-evaluate how they work. It feels like everything from beyond the arc is a cold spot in the park instead of neutral.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #26
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
Just started playing MyCareer/Park a couple of weeks and have completely maxed out my shooting over the past couple of days.

Offline is pie. Can get perfect releases without any problem with pretty much any jumper I pick on superstar difficulty.

The park is a different story...at least from 3. From midrange, I can get perfect releases quite frequently and my open jumpers usually go in.

From 3, I rarely make anything despite the maxed out shooting. It is incredibly frustrating to watch the person I'm guarding rain contested 3's down in my face while I will constantly brick wide open spot up 3's. I can never get perfect releases from 3 either.

I simply do not get jump shooting in the park game mode.

The only theory I have so far is that it correlates with hotspots. I haven't earned any hot spots yet as I have pumped more time into the park than career. I'm going to try and build up my hotspots from 3 tonight to see how much they actually help.

I know this, if having neutral hot/cold spots is truly causing me to suck this bad from 3 then 2k should re-evaluate how they work. It feels like everything from beyond the arc is a cold spot in the park instead of neutral.
The hotspots help probably with 1-2 shots. Other than that it just choosing the roght jumper. I had ally hotspots from 3 with my SG but still could not hit anything.

I don't know what is the solution to being consistent at the park.

Ima try out what some other people recommended and try it out once I have time.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:45 AM   #27
Rookie

Maxed shooting helps me greatly but the important thing is to find the right jumper for you. I was inconsistent until I switched to one of the numbered jumpers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »