Home

Pump Fake Shooting Foul

This is a discussion on Pump Fake Shooting Foul within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pump Fake Shooting Foul

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
I'll notice a double team if someone has scored 30+ points and is heating up, but that's about it. Nothing if Demarcus Cousins gets JJ Barea on the block.

How much do post mismatches matter in 2k15 though, at least those based on height? Does a 7'0 player have an inherent advantage over a 6'6 guy?

Ur right, they don't matter as much as they probably should, but I've noticed that it is a bit easier to overpower a smaller guy down there. Really just would like to see the post doubles from a realism standpoint. A lot of real life basketball is predicated on having to double dominant bigs in the post and then kicking the ball out for 3s etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2015, 12:59 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJ
what yall r thinking of is called a "step-through" and it is not just a dwyane signature but a staple in basketball.

pump fake to get ur defender off his feet, then push the left analog stick in the direction of the hoop as you hold square for a shot. ur player will draw contact and attempt the shot, sending u to the line whether u make it or not
Lol, It's not called a 'step-through' lol
Old 01-15-2015, 05:44 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
They definitely need to bring them back like they were in 2K11. I didn't think they were "cheese" because it's a legit basketball move. You jump in the air, you're vulnerable for someone to lean in and draw a foul. The only time I felt it should be nerfed is in the paint when a cheater would pumpfake in the paint and then draw one.

The bottom line is though, I rarely got called with any of those fouls. You can contest shots just as well as a jumper with the RS or being in someone's face. Should be put back in.
I've said before that 2k focuses more on preventing cheese than just making a playable game that "feels right." The stupid *** animation where you pump fake and the defender jumps into you and inhibits any movement is simply ridiculous. In 2014 on next gen systems can we not come up with a better solution than this? Seriously, you are punished more doing a basketball move and getting your defender to bite. Forget about the foul shot, you can't even go around em after you get em in the air.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #20
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Aldridge does the pump fake "cheese" all the time IRL. Charges needed to be needed beyond the three point arch. Pumpfakes.... no.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #21
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

the only problems with the pump fake was people would pass and immediately pump fake to exploit the computer into jumping and of course up and under cheese. I would think they would be able to fix those 2 things without completely nerfing the pump fake but...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #22
Rookie

PattyJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Lol, It's not called a 'step-through' lol
it is the same motion as the traditional big man step through, just with an attempt to draw contact. so yes, many many call it a step through.

regardless ofwat its called, the "pump fake shooting foul" is in this game. hit square to get the defender up, then point the left stick in the baskets direction as u shoot again
Old 01-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #23
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJ
it is the same motion as the traditional big man step through, just with an attempt to draw contact. so yes, many many call it a step through.

regardless ofwat its called, the "pump fake shooting foul" is in this game. hit square to get the defender up, then point the left stick in the baskets direction as u shoot again
The step through is not the same as pump faking and then jumping into them once you get them in the air. They can yield similar results, but they are not the same.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
Rookie

PattyJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
The step through is not the same as pump faking and then jumping into them once you get them in the air. They can yield similar results, but they are not the same.
ok i got u now, my bad. i guess id just been using the step through from a distance to draw contact

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »