Home

2K16 Shot Meter

This is a discussion on 2K16 Shot Meter within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want to see with the Shot/FT meter in 2K16
Leave it as is, it works fine. 135 33.83%
Don't show the fill, but use the meter to show timing feedback after shot release. 96 24.06%
Remove the meter completely from the game. 143 35.84%
Other (post your comments) 25 6.27%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #17
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2K16 Shot Meter

Quote:
Don't show the fill, but use the meter to show timing feedback after shot release.
You could make this an option in the menus. Please keep the meter. It's a thing of beauty. Plus, it's way more informative than "slightly late" or "very early".

But as mentioned by others, the glitched shot forms need to be fixed. The ones where it's nearly impossible to get green, as well as the ones where you can get green effortlessly (LD2K, Kobe, etc).
Old 01-15-2015, 09:47 PM   #18
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

I voted other. I would like to keep the meter in, but with some adjustments. From how I understand the meter works, the closer you are to the marker on your release, the more likely your will go in. I feel like this is not always the case. There are times where I'll release the shot button with the meter literally a hair too early or too late from being a perfect release, and the shot will be off. Then if I take another shot and I release it too early, it'll go in swish.
This happens a lot to me while playing with Steph Curry. There are times where I get him wide open from three and release the shot a hair too early and I miss. But then when I shoot a contested mid-range jumper and it's too early, they more frequently go in.
This is the only problem I have with the meter.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:51 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

The shot meter would be fine if it actually was dynamic in keeping with a player's stats. For example, a player with a 95 mid rating should have a much wider white line than they do, because it's difficult to get a perfect release. I know the intention wasn't to make them easy to get but it shouldn't be so difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #20
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I voted to leave it, as long as the options remain to do real % and change the displays as the user chooses.

To me the meter is separate from the shot release and timing issues that make some releases effectively sabotage the player ratings. Those are animation and "game stitching issues," or at least that what they seem to be to me.

Some animations take so long to complete that it's impossible to take a wide open shot before it gets contested. Other animations just seem to have a very tight or much more difficult "green" tolerance window.

Some slider guys have said that game speed affects shot success for different animations, with some animations working better at speed 50, or 55, or 45, or whatever. I hope the devs can look into this and make it so that shot animation timing yeilds success consistent with rating across game speed slider settings.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:10 PM   #21
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 11:51 PM   #22
Rookie

I don't really like the shot meter because I actually like to see the form of the people I shoot with and a very simple thing I'd like to see implented is: For those who have the meter off and have the shot timing feedback on, it will be great if the feedback had more responses than 3 which are: excellent, slightly early, and very late. The margin is way to big for slightly early and you have no idea if it was close to being perfect or not so its hard to practice. I'd like to see almost "almost excellent" as a target because obviously, its impossible to get "excellent" all the time.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:58 PM   #23
Rookie

The reason I like the concept of timing a shot is because some players have horrible ugly shots while others have smooth ones and its cool to be like "wow that release is nice" but this is impossible with the shot meter. Maybe have an option for the shot meter to appear only after releasing the shot stick.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:17 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Either bring back the old shooting system while trying to make it so people miss more or fix online lag which makes you think you are timing a shot correctly when in actuality your not

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »