Home

Help/tips for a new player at the park?

This is a discussion on Help/tips for a new player at the park? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2015, 08:00 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help/tips for a new player at the park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
1 and 2: Nope... These offer advantages, but are not in any way necessary to win. Most guys you will play in the park don't know what basketball is about.
That's my first tip: Go find some friends to build a squad. When you know each other and know how to perform best as a TEAM, you will beat 90+ OVR players with 70 to 80 OVR players...

3 and especially 5 are really good tips! Just play solid defense. A steal or a block is cool, but the best defense is played when play solid defense. Stay in front of your man and contest every shot without risking to much!
I had a rookie 2, overall 78 SG on my team tonight and he smashed some Legend 1's and 2's repeatedly. I just kept feeding him and the oversized SF (when I knew the SG was drawing the defenders attention) and threw good passes results in assists one after another. We also ran a nice pick and roll/pop game utilizing my Brick Wall as he seemed to know exactly where I planned to set the pick before we even started entering midcourt. I dunked maybe twice a game when I had an open posterization, a reverse layup here and there and a wide open shot when it would have been stupid to turn it down.

I am about 1/4 away from Legend 3 and still haven't found another two people I could depend to play smart ball. It always seems to start out great and then they get cocky and start playing stupid.

That's why I don't run with a squad of any sorts.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 02-04-2015, 08:54 AM   #18
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near5253
I had a rookie 2, overall 78 SG on my team tonight and he smashed some Legend 1's and 2's repeatedly. I just kept feeding him and the oversized SF (when I knew the SG was drawing the defenders attention) and threw good passes results in assists one after another. We also ran a nice pick and roll/pop game utilizing my Brick Wall as he seemed to know exactly where I planned to set the pick before we even started entering midcourt. I dunked maybe twice a game when I had an open posterization, a reverse layup here and there and a wide open shot when it would have been stupid to turn it down.

I am about 1/4 away from Legend 3 and still haven't found another two people I could depend to play smart ball. It always seems to start out great and then they get cocky and start playing stupid.

That's why I don't run with a squad of any sorts.
It the Park after all so there are gonna people trying to show off their abilities.

Finding reliable people at the Park is hard. Since the people I used to play with stop playing 2k. I been running solo and most people play like randoms that are terrible.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
It the Park after all so there are gonna people trying to show off their abilities.

Finding reliable people at the Park is hard. Since the people I used to play with stop playing 2k. I been running solo and most people play like randoms that are terrible.
I'm in the same boat. I left my old gen's crew when I upgraded to PS4, and it's been tough trying to find the right people to play with. I'll run with you. Only problem is, I am also a pass first PG with a iffy J. I need shooters and cutters to bring out the best in me.

I'm part of the Old Town and my PSN GT is iboughtshoes

Last edited by iboughtshoes; 02-04-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #20
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iboughtshoes
I'm in the same boat. I left my old gen's crew when I upgraded to PS4, and it's been tough trying to find the right people to play with. I'll run with you. Only problem is, I am also a pass first PG with a iffy J. I need shooters and cutters to bring out the best in me.

I'm part of the Old Town and my PSN GT is iboughtshoes
Damn I'm with Rivet City. I wish they had a desperate Park you could go to that like the stage but you don't wager VC. I would love to play with people from other Affiliation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »