Home

If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified?

This is a discussion on If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified?
Yes, blatant disrespect to the fanbase 32 52.46%
No, 2K did enough to hold us over until 2K26 29 47.54%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #9
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're expecting a for-profit company to give a darn whether a few posters on a message board feel disrespected, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
And no matter what anyone says, there will NEVER be a boycott on a game that sells millions. Ever.

Well, unless 2K comes out and says they support terrorism and animal cruelty...but I don't see that happening.

-Allen Iverson
Old 02-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

No because we usually get 3 patches every year and we hit the 3 patch plateau and I expect these issues to be fixed for 2K16, and if the regression isn't fixed. I won't buy.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
No because we usually get 3 patches every year and we hit the 3 patch plateau and I expect these issues to be fixed for 2K16, and if the regression isn't fixed. I won't buy.
That's perfectly within your right as a customer.

It's just not a boycott, to answer the OP's question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #12
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

I think the previous comments from the 2K "fanboys" are exactly what's wrong with sports gaming in both Madden and 2K, and that is why we will never see a quality game...disappointing to say the least.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #13
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
I think the previous comments from the 2K "fanboys" are exactly what's wrong with sports gaming in both Madden and 2K, and that is why we will never see a quality game...disappointing to say the least.

Lol if you think this isn't a quality game then I feel bad for you because you must have the highest expectations ever.

I think a large majority of consumers would say this is one of 2K's best titles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 02-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Are you saying that because I don't share your sense that 2k is disrespecting me, I'm a fanboy? Interesting.

I enjoy the game. I don't really give a darn whether you do. It just strikes me that you've got some very strange ideas about what to expect from a for-profit company, and how those companies work.

If you decide not to purchase the game next year, that's cool. But boycotts are usually statements of protest against some actual injustice. 2K is not doing you an injustice just because they're not releasing another patch this year. You're a consumer purchasing a product--and a relatively inexpensive, recreational product at that. There is nothing to boycott here.

Do you have any idea how many people hold the devs of NBA 2k accountable? Do you really think they care about your "boycott?" They have to make a product that sells, period, or they'll be out of work or, worse, the franchise itself will get the axe by some C-level executive looking to generate a better shareholder return.

I think you seem to be confusing the term "quality" with the term "game I like."

Last edited by BigT34; 02-09-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Agreed.

Whether 2K releases the patch or not, I am not buying another NBA 2K game. This is my silent protest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #16
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
via Steve_OS "FYI: Another NBA 2K15 patch has not been confirmed, so a more permanent fix might not even happen. We will keep our eyes open for any news on it."

I said it from day one man...these Sports gaming companies just getting straight BOLD. You know damn well they could have fixed this regression issue, this shoe issue, and the shot blocking by now. The regression issue which has been talked about since a week or so after launch hasn't even been ACKNOWLEDGED, Yet as soon as a VC exploit is found it's fixed within the week...I'm starting to think that once the new year turns they just start working on the next years game and to me that is unacceptable.

So my question to you is, if we do not see any of these three issues addressed. Would a boycott of NBA 2K16 be in order?
1. You don't KNOW any of this.
2. It has been acknowledged, maybe no to YOUR satisfaction, but it has been acknowledged. They said they were looking into it.
3. The VC glitch is costing them money on this year's version. And it may Have been a presumably easy fix that didn't require a full blown patch but only a few adjustments on their side.

The point blank of this is, a minority of the consumers care about the regression issue or the shoe glitch; they're mostly in it for the online H2H features, so your boycott wouldn't be as effective as you think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »