Home

NBA 2k16 Badge suggestions?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 Badge suggestions? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 04:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
NBA 2k16 Badge suggestions?

Wanted to open dialogue on possible improvements to the current badge system. What steps would you take to advance whats in place? Or would you simply remove it?

Personally I like the concept, but im just not in love with the execution. I think the badges currently are given out too liberally, and too many over-lap ratings. Many could be ditched in favor of badges that bring forth the player differentiation this generation is missing.

In my opinion, besides speed and quickness, many players feel identical. Last gen sig shots were the building blocks for player individuality and honestly I feel in that department we have regressed. In the league, not every player can chain together multiple dribble or post moves flawlessly or drive and get to the rim aggressively. The same cant be said for 2k, and badges can change that. A few suggestions:

'Chain Dribbler' - as the name implies, allows a ball-handler to chain anywhere from three to five consecutive dribble moves together without losing the ball.

'Kentucky Derby' - a Corey Brewer type who aggressively runs in transition at any opportunity.

'Rush Hour Handles' - Handles the ball well in traffic and has the ability to split double-teams as well as pick and rolls. Players with this badge can also run the baseline ala Steve Nash with a lessened likelihood of stepping out of bounds or losing control of the ball.

'Tip Drill' - Players with this badge are known for tipping in offensive rebounds for easy points, or tapping them backwards in traffic for teammates to collect.

'Double Dutch' - These players have a quick second jump when going for blocks or rebounds.

'Chain Post-moves' - These players can chain multiple fakes and pivots without traveling.

'Soft Touch'- Players with this badge would have the ability to press the 'shoot' command a second time to alter a lay-up attempt BEFORE the up-swing of the ball to do a high arching, or high off the glass layup. This would allow for evasive guards to thrive in the land of the giants.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 07-25-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 Badge suggestions?

I feel the same way mate! These ideas are pretty good too, one question though how would they be unlocked? If you get what i'm saying.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I wish there was a change on how you obtain silver & gold badges. I've posted this idea before, but here are the basics again. I'll use Dimer as my example...

Bronze - 200 Assists in 25 games
Silver - 300 Assists in 35 games
Gold - 400 Assists in 40 games w/ 3/1 assist to TO ratio

Right now all you have to do is get bronze and buy your way to gold. Make badges 100% results based over bank based.

I'm well aware this goes against the new model game companies have of making money wherever possible. This is just how I would fix badges.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I would suggest letting us know how much BOOST each Badge gives a Player. What i mean is how much is the difference between not having a "DEADEYE" badge and having a Bronze/Silver/Gold Badge. Same goes with all other Badges.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 02-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
Pro

I'd be happy with the ability to deactivate certain badges. Volume Shooter is so easy to get that half my team in MC earned it even if they are averaging a good FG% and 25 points for the year.

I'm still able to shoot well, but it certainly affects heating up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I wish there was a change on how you obtain silver & gold badges. I've posted this idea before, but here are the basics again. I'll use Dimer as my example...

Bronze - 200 Assists in 25 games
Silver - 300 Assists in 35 games
Gold - 400 Assists in 40 games w/ 3/1 assist to TO ratio

Right now all you have to do is get bronze and buy your way to gold. Make badges 100% results based over bank based.

I'm well aware this goes against the new model game companies have of making money wherever possible. This is just how I would fix badges.
I love it. Gold should be very hard to achieve in my opinion. Like -average 10 assists in five different seasons - hard.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I like where you're going with the badges. I also think that they should be reworked/redone. I want them to actually mean something more than an attribute or percentage boost. We should see it. A lock-down perimeter defender like Tony Allen or Kawhi Leonard should be the ones with that perimeter "bumping" animation that everyone does. The difficulty or strength of the "bump" could be dependent on it being a bronze, silver or gold badge. I should be able to rock cats with Jamal Crawford, try it with Matt Barnes though, and he's gonna loose the ball more often than not. That kind of stuff would go a long way.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I would suggest letting us know how much BOOST each Badge gives a Player. What i mean is how much is the difference between not having a "DEADEYE" badge and having a Bronze/Silver/Gold Badge. Same goes with all other Badges.
Completely agreed. This has been missing for quite some time.

I wish they'd bring back the post-playmaker badge (or whatever it was called).

I'd like to see some badges go away--for example brick wall badges should be replaced by ratings that reflect various components of screening ability: e.g. a rating for "screen quality."

I'd like to see either ratings or badges that reflect a player's ability to draw fouls--so far this is under tendencies, but that seems inappropriate given that drawing fouls is a very valuable skill.

Maybe have badges like "expressive," "unpredictable," and "reserved" impact how often a player might argue with a ref and get a technical foul.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »