Home

Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding?

This is a discussion on Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #25
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
Offline is great too. Just don't jam. I don't post much here and I think I'm going to stop because it's funny that as a person that has no problem with sliding and is telling you it's precise control you all are saying noooo 2k sucks. 2k from 4 years ago was better. Lol you guys make no sense smh. I attached something just in case you think I didn't do the due diligence.

First off, nobody is saying 2K sucks. I don't think I've seen anyone in here say that. I honestly don't care what you see. I know from my experience and many others, online, you are fighting for control on defense. That's one of the main reasons that zigzag stuff is a problem.

What doesn't make sense to you? We are telling you that we had more control on D and there was more stick skills involved in 2K11. Who cares about your ranked record?

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 03-01-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
First off, nobody is saying 2K sucks. I don't think I've seen anyone in here say that. I honestly don't care what you see. I know from my experience and many others, online, you are fighting for control on defense. That's one of the main reasons that zigzag stuff is a problem.
What if I told you a majority of players don't know how to use the defensive modifiers, feather the stick and use turbo correctly? In face some of the people that play the best defense I've see are the ones that zig zag the hardest and would never post in a board like this. They play the game SO much they get it. And when they see you don't get it, they attack your weakness with zig zag baseline drives etc. Whaf I think is at work is that older iterations of 2k trained people to think they are better defenders than they are. And now that movement is so precise and mistakes are punished with easy threes, ppl think the game is broke, but they really just never learned spacing, angles and throttling their speed as well as using the aforementioned modifiers correctly.

Last edited by wiserbk; 03-01-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #27
Rookie

But yall win. Instead of asking for advice or trying to train with each other to get better "you don't care what I see". I'm done. I don't even post on OS like that. I'm going back to beating the HOF cpu and ppl online before you guys complaining work and they nerf everything and take away control. Or add a bunch off meters to tell ppl what they should've have already known how to do. (i.e. Shot meter)
Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #28
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

What if I told you the lag online is simply worst than previous iterations which make you not have much control of your player.

If we had so much control, no way would someone be killing people by zig zagging. It's fine man, you can believe the controls are tighter online. I disagree, the lag input is simply bad.

LOL. Nobody is saying they can't beat HOF CPU and win in ranked. We are saying you don't have much control. I still win games easily, but I know I had more control in previous games online. Offline I have no problem.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 03-01-2015, 11:21 AM   #29
Rookie

Question this lag you speak of, wouldn't it affect the offensive player equally? Hmmm. Your ego is at work buddy. Yes I agree a lot of ppl complain about zig zag because they are worse defenders than they want to admit. Same reason a lot of ppl invented a term called "shot clock cheese" which is completely insane. Or "baseline cheese". You mean to tell me you can't pick the correct angles to guard someone driving baseline and you call it a cheese LOLOLOLOLOL. Just because a lot of people say it doesn't make it true. Again zig zag is not a cheese, it is effective because it is exposing your bad defense. Deal with it or complain until they make defense easier for you. Maybe bring lock on defense back smh
Old 03-01-2015, 11:33 AM   #30
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
Question this lag you speak of, wouldn't it affect the offensive player equally? Hmmm. Your ego is at work buddy. Yes I agree a lot of ppl complain about zig zag because they are worse defenders than they want to admit. Same reason a lot of ppl invented a term called "shot clock cheese" which is completely insane. Or "baseline cheese". You mean to tell me you can't pick the correct angles to guard someone driving baseline and you call it a cheese LOLOLOLOLOL. Just because a lot of people say it doesn't make it true. Again zig zag is not a cheese, it is effective because it is exposing your bad defense. Deal with it or complain until they make defense easier for you. Maybe bring lock on defense back smh

Why would my ego be at work? If I was bad at D, I would say so. It's a video game. You remind me of MrLeaderboards for some reason. Thinking you're a God in 2K or something because of ranked allstar difficulty games. Get outta here. You're not talking to some person that doesn't know how to play the game. I've been on top of the leaderboards in multiple 2Ks. But that's irrelevant and I never cared about it besides for Crew leaderboards. And no, it doesn't affect the offensive player the same. It affects them somewhat because it's slightly different from offline. But defensive sliding is wayyy different from offline vs online.

Some probably are bad at D. But not all are. When have this zig zag issue been such a big problem before? Like I said, if we had so much control, zig zag jumpers would be non existent lol. You wouldn't be sliding and not able to control yourself. Think about it.

And what are you talking about? I don't even use that sim vs cheese bs stuff. I am simply saying running back and forth (zig zagging) is a issue because of the lag online. If I am so bad on D, why doesn't this happen at all on me offline with the person I play but online it does? Because the lag makes you lose control.

I bet all the stuff you're naming, you do lol. That's why you're defending it so hard. The baseline isn't really a issue, but it can be if someone does go baseline and they have that glitchy reverse dunk equipped. I don't have problems w/ it. But the dunk that does happen if someone does get you isn't realistic at all.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Last edited by Jrocc23; 03-01-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #31
Rookie

Another quick point. When playing a racing game, there is a difference between online and offline right? But you are still able to compete in racing games online. What I'm trying to say is unlike nba 2k11, this year nba 2k15 defense movement almost requires you to be as precise as a racing sim steering. Is it exactly the same as offline nope. But the system is there for you to counter damn near everything lag included. It's like you're so competitive and so ego, your telling me a person who is trying to HELP with a issue you are having a problem with, "I don't care what you see" "who cares about your record". I'm confused man lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #32
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Look man, I am not going to keep going back and forth w/ you. You won't change anyone's opinion.

2K15 lag is one of the worst out of them all. I know what I see and feel. I don't need your "help" playing D. I hold my own just fine. The lag input needs to be improved and the zig zagging will be far easier to defend.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »