Home

Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Shooting

Don't know if it's just psychological or what, but shooting turned around for me once I turned off the shot meter.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't know if it's just psychological or what, but shooting turned around for me once I turned off the shot meter.
I have a really hard time not using the shot meter online, i can go without the meter offline with a team, and really learn every players release, but when i transition into online i can't hit anything at all, maybe you have some tips for that?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:22 AM   #19
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
It made my shooting worse lol. It wouldn't bother me about missing so many open shots if people didn't hit so many damn contested shots at the rec. A lot of people are starting to feel like contested shots , shots after doing a million crossovers, have a higher chance than a wide open set shot.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #20
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Ditto. Instead of shooting 34%, I'm shooting about 37% on open shots.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Yeah, I don't know...maybe it's because I get less frustrated seeing a miss after I'm near perfect on the meter, maybe I focus more on the release point of the shot when it's off...I don't know...but I honestly don't have a tough time shooting. I credit turning off the meter, lol.

I don't play the park, so there may be another dynamic there, but online I always hold my releases a little longer than I do offline...seems to help. Defending jump shots, really defending in general has become a lot better once I turned defensive assist all the way down and turned contests to manuak,,,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #22
Banned

I actually shoot better on the park - probably because it's not Hof Sim. Once I have a rough idea how long I;m pressing the button for on the shot, I just transfer that over to park without looking at the shot itself, so I'm never confused by the lag. I just take the shot how I think it should be.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:03 AM   #23
Pro

Icon5 Re: Shooting

I find it hard also to get a good % with my player in myCarreer. get sth like 20-30% for FG and 3P.
Is it 'cause i'm not used to the shoot bar system or do i need to make any changes in the settings? What has been the solution for u?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:50 AM   #24
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know...maybe it's because I get less frustrated seeing a miss after I'm near perfect on the meter, maybe I focus more on the release point of the shot when it's off...I don't know...but I honestly don't have a tough time shooting. I credit turning off the meter, lol.

I don't play the park, so there may be another dynamic there, but online I always hold my releases a little longer than I do offline...seems to help. Defending jump shots, really defending in general has become a lot better once I turned defensive assist all the way down and turned contests to manuak,,,
It might be more psychological, lol. I find myself shooting better, because I'm not getting angry by looking at the shot meter after every shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »