Home

So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

This is a discussion on So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #49
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
Because if that never happened people would then complain about it not being realistic. You can't make everyone happy.
Why would anyone complain about that? I'm trying to think of a valid complaint against that and I just can't. If you or your opponent are getting beaten and you're not attempting to make any adjustments to overcome the deficit that's on you and you only.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Old 03-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #50
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Because if that never happened people would then complain about it not being realistic. You can't make everyone happy.
I don't think that in real life it's a god's hand that helps teams to gain momentum.

"Realistic" - it's if I was taking bad shots, not making good releases and then, after a break and some Gatorade I concentrated and changed "3pt cheese tactics" to "bank shot all the time". And started playing patient defense without jumping like rabbit just raising my hands. In this case I think that I'll be able to cut the deficit by my own actions and it's realistic. But when I'm doing nothing different and continuing to take bad shot and suddenly they start to fall into a basket - that is unrealistic because someone helps me for no valid reason.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Why would anyone complain about that? I'm trying to think of a valid complaint against that and I just can't. If you or your opponent are getting beaten and you're not attempting to make any adjustments to overcome the deficit that's on you and you only.

You're missing the fact that this happens vs the cpu as well. And people complain about the cpu adjusting and making runs. Not so much player vs player. But that comes with each idividual players consistency.

there are very inconsistent players in the league, that's what they're trying to replicate. Note I said trying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodionMaZ
I don't think that in real life it's a god's hand that helps teams to gain momentum.

"Realistic" - it's if I was taking bad shots, not making good releases and then, after a break and some Gatorade I concentrated and changed "3pt cheese tactics" to "bank shot all the time". And started playing patient defense without jumping like rabbit just raising my hands. In this case I think that I'll be able to cut the deficit by my own actions and it's realistic. But when I'm doing nothing different and continuing to take bad shot and suddenly they start to fall into a basket - that is unrealistic because someone helps me for no valid reason.
That's called consistency. there are some inconsistent players in the league and as I said above, they're trying. Yes trying to replicate player consistency. Which is realistic. You think just because you get perfect releases they have to go in or taking bad shots you have to miss? Eventually taking enough bad shots you get one to go in and some players can snowball from that no matter where they shoot.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
That's called consistency. there are some inconsistent players in the league and as I said above, they're trying. Yes trying to replicate player consistency. Which is realistic. You think just because you get perfect releases they have to go in or taking bad shots you have to miss? Eventually taking enough bad shots you get one to go in and some players can snowball from that no matter where they shoot.
And I don't mean it's good or even remotely good. I'm just saying that's the point of it. Which is realistic they just don't do a good job with it. It's inconsistently inconsistent lol.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #54
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Even if it is so, I don't like it. I don't believe that full-Ruby lineup in MyTeam suddenly becomes "unconsistent". It's BS, not realism.

I need basketball simulator, not "humans are not perfect" sim. It's the benefit of the videogame - I want "perfect humans" with no injuries, no hidden momentums, just my pure skill. I'm okay if my perfect release will airball from time to time because in-game shooting skill is capped at 95-99 and that's enough to have some missed shots.

At least, give me the option to turn off "human factor just like in real life, yo".
And give me the option to match like-minded opponents online.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #55
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
You're missing the fact that this happens vs the cpu as well. And people complain about the cpu adjusting and making runs. Not so much player vs player. But that comes with each idividual players consistency.

there are very inconsistent players in the league, that's what they're trying to replicate. Note I said trying.
I'm not missing anything. I haven't seen anyone and you still haven't presented a valid reason as to why anyone would complain if they or their opponent, CPU included, did not gain momentum/were not able cut a lead when they continue to play like crap and make no effort to change their fortunes or if a team gained some momentum by adjusting their play style, pace, shot selection aggressiveness etc.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #56
MVP

jk31's Arena

Funny discussion.

One faction says momentum shifts happen in real life, too. PERIOD.

Second faction, where I count myself into answers: It's about artificial momentum shifts, where someone doesn't adjust to anything and gets rewarded for keeping his bull**** style of play.

Now one of the first factions says momentum shifts happen in real life, too. PERIOD.

Wow...Turning circles again and again...

I'd like to see a team in reallife with the following tactics:
- Taking the first available shot, no matter if its open or if a defender is standing on your feet.
- always reach in for the ball
- double team all the time
- as soon as the ball is near the 3pt line jump to block a shot, even if the ballhandler doesnt seem to take one

This team stays with this crap tactic the whole game. THE. WHOLE. GAME. They are getting down by 20 at halftime. After halftime, without changing anything in their tactics, they start to hit some of those crap shots, they begin to steal the ball, the opponent begins to miss open layups which were created by all those bad double teams. The team gets the margin tighter and in the end it's a close ball game.

All those "happens in real life" people tell me: Would something like that happen in real life?! NO!

Last edited by jk31; 03-10-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »