Home

So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

This is a discussion on So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:20 PM   #57
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

Aaron Brooks just hit the most amazing fadeaway running 3pt shot with 33 seconds left in the game lol. I bet all of you would be whining "not sim" if that happened in 2k.

Sent from my HTC ONE using tapatalk Pro!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #58
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Aaron Brooks just hit the most amazing fadeaway running 3pt shot with 33 seconds left in the game lol. I bet all of you would be whining "not sim" if that happened in 2k.

Sent from my HTC ONE using tapatalk Pro!

You should've seen the 3rd quarter comeback cheese yesterday in the Spurs/Raptors game. The Spurs just started missing the same shots they were making in first half, and the Raptors started hitting contested shots and layups. Not organic at all.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #59
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Re: So how long will 2K continue to rdeny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

I've been playing on SStar default sim for years, when the last patch came it fixed a few problems with the game..now this game play's like sh**

The games are rigged, fixed so you will loose or win in an ugly fashion. the cpu refuses to lose, they will do anything to win, that means playing out of rating, attributes, characters, they just don't care who they got on their team that player will turn in to a superstar.

The cpu will dribble through traffic without being penalize, they will not loose the basketball. they will make contested layups or shots without being penalize.

What makes it bad for the user so many easy opportunity to score but we are penalized so the cpu may have a chance to make a run. what fun it is knowing outcomes. knowing you will miss and the cpu will hit. and it happen with any team you play, same bs game after game.

This is just for HOF and SStar sim, AllStar sim plays great.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #60
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Good thing we are all on the PS4 and can stream our games to Twitch. For those saying the game has artificial runs - would you mind letting some of us watch you play the game?

I ask because I just want to see the adjustments that are made/not made. Just curious.

Tweet me when you go hot so I can check it out if I have any takers. I could also play a game as well if you want.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:10 AM   #61
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Good thing we are all on the PS4 and can stream our games to Twitch. For those saying the game has artificial runs - would you mind letting some of us watch you play the game?

I ask because I just want to see the adjustments that are made/not made. Just curious.

Tweet me when you go hot so I can check it out if I have any takers. I could also play a game as well if you want.

Good idea,

I say we do a community experiment.

Get 3 folks experiencing this frequently (preferably the ones saying it's an every game occurrence), and 3 folks not experiencing this and broadcast some games. Same team, same difficulty/settings. Better than going back and forth about it...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-12-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Ironically I just finished a game where I end t up 23-10 in the first and they never got closer than 9.

I've been on both sides of this argument though. I probably subconsciously prepare for it based on past experiences, lol

Don't really see it this year though, one thing I will tell you is that the CPU always adjusts to your POE In the second half....

It's scripted in that it wants you to play a certain way. I can't speak to online quick match, but offline almost always it will give you a chance to win. You might have to play perfect, but it will. Basically, you have to deal with the bs run the computer gives you and then it gives you a stretch where you can score.

Momentum shifts based on bad plays, or what the computer percieves as a bad play, like jacking a three. Momentum shifts just cause. There is a swing of momentum that is outside of the effect of the player, is what I believe, and there is 4th quarter fatigue. So I'd say it's more that the game changes in the 4th. However, it is true that momentum will kill you for no reason other than just A. The game wants it to shift randomly or B. You offended the game in some way.

-Smak
Old 03-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #63
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Good idea,

I say we do a community experiment.

Get 3 folks experiencing this frequently (preferably the ones saying it's an every game occurrence), and 3 folks not experiencing this and broadcast some games. Same team, same difficulty/settings. Better than going back and forth about it...
I'm game. XB1 gamertag is ForRightNow76...Indiana Pacers user.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I'm not missing anything. I haven't seen anyone and you still haven't presented a valid reason as to why anyone would complain if they or their opponent, CPU included, did not gain momentum/were not able cut a lead when they continue to play like crap and make no effort to change their fortunes or if a team gained some momentum by adjusting their play style, pace, shot selection aggressiveness etc.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
So you think when runs happen in the NBA that team HAD to have changed something? Not always the case. not only that but we arnt real coaches ,gms. Majority of people who play change **** to change **** they don't know when or why or what to change.

You don't need to change something to get a run going. sometimes it can just happen. One guy gets hot and it rubs off. It's realism.

at the end of the day this Is a video game. Not real life. It's not gunna be even close to perfect or what everyone wants. Not everyone sees the game the same. You, i, the guy 300 miles away all have different opinions a
nd preferences. And their idea of a perfect game.

And well, obviously if they don't go on a run and catch up you won't complain. You'll be winning lol.

I would complain. If I'm using the 76ers and someone is using the Warriors and I'm beatng them by 20 simply because I know what to tweak. Obviously that means im better at the game but why would I want it to be that easy against a team that should win 9/10 times. Would that happen in real life? No. This game can't be 100% realistic. Accept it

Last edited by DoubleZ_3; 03-12-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »