Home

for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures inc.)

This is a discussion on for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures inc.) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures i

Man I REALLY want the jumpshot base and form back. Last year I had the PERFECT jumpshot with a very high arc because of the base I used. My guy was only 6'2" but he shot with so much arc he never got blocked and I loved the way it swished everytime. Ppl would always ask what jumper I had lol...

As far as ratings. Yeah. There's not really much to say to that. I don't think anybody would disagree on being able to truly have control over their guy. If they want to prevent ppl from making 99s so easily just make it so a guy a certain height can't have a max dribble just based on science lol...

If I make my wingspan long as it can be, my dribbling should be capped at 75 but my blocks and steals should be capped at 80/95 respectively (for a PG). There needs to be on ball steal rating and passing lane steal rating etc. There needs to be caps for height and weight.

If I make a 300 lbs C/PF he should get a speed cap of 60 because he's fat. But there needs to be a Run The Floor or Stride rating as well so he can be big but take big strides like Shaq.

Overtime/play after play he should also get tired so he should have a Fatigue cap. Not just an overall fatigue but a fatigue rating based on how big he is and how much he's running up and down the court. These things need to matter. Like a stamina/fatigue/recovery rating. These all need to be factors and if I point too many skill points in 1 that would mean I won't be able to pass or handle because of how I spend my points. It needs to be a risk/reward system.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #18
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: for 2k16, 2k need to give us BACK control of our mycareer players (Pictures i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
that could work, though i'd like to see in such a way that while still being competetive, a SF would only be able to get say, the silver levels on ball handling badges,to make the really super duper ball handlers more of a back court player deal. The trade off there would be that a SF would be able to get higher level badges than a back court guy at things like rebounding, shot blocking,put backs,and so on.
Potentially you could also make that gold level of posterizer that everyone loves so much attainable only for a swing man/front court player so that only the bigger guys are getting those really crazy power move to the hoop type of animations on a regular basis.
I can't agree on any cap, badge or otherwise.

If you want something, you can have it if you're willing to work or pay for it. If a PG wants the gold tenacious rebounder badge, then go out and earn it. 3-5 offseason training sessions each year, each badge can be upgraded once a year.

Once you earn the badge, you can compete in rebounding drills against the 5-10 best rebounders in the NBA during the offseason and if you somehow manage to get the better of them that unlocks to ability to purchase the next level of the badge. A 6'3" PG is gonna have a tougher time than a 6'10" PF competing in these drills.

You can purchase extra training sessions or buy the next level for a badge outright with VC, one skip per badge per offseason and it still takes up a training session.

The NBA offseason is roughly 19 weeks long, each training session can be about 1.5-3 weeks long, going up against 1-2 opponents a day. This adds some kind of importance to the offseason or you can skip the whole process if you choose and miss out on the upgrades.

Again, this adds playlife to the mode and limits the ability to just purchase a ton of VC and be maxed out with all of the badges by the end of the first week. You have to pay and work to get your player to get to 99-badged-out-god-status. This all lends itself really well to connected-careers if 2k goes in that direction.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I can't agree on any cap, badge or otherwise.

If you want something, you can have it if you're willing to work or pay for it. If a PG wants the gold tenacious rebounder badge, then go out and earn it. 3-5 offseason training sessions each year, each badge can be upgraded once a year.

Once you earn the badge, you can compete in rebounding drills against the 5-10 best rebounders in the NBA during the offseason and if you somehow manage to get the better of them that unlocks to ability to purchase the next level of the badge. A 6'3" PG is gonna have a tougher time than a 6'10" PF competing in these drills.

You can purchase extra training sessions or buy the next level for a badge outright with VC, one skip per badge per offseason and it still takes up a training session.

The NBA offseason is roughly 19 weeks long, each training session can be about 1.5-3 weeks long, going up against 1-2 opponents a day. This adds some kind of importance to the offseason or you can skip the whole process if you choose and miss out on the upgrades.

Again, this adds playlife to the mode and limits the ability to just purchase a ton of VC and be maxed out with all of the badges by the end of the first week. You have to pay and work to get your player to get to 99-badged-out-god-status. This all lends itself really well to connected-careers if 2k goes in that direction.
Though my opinion differs on the topic of attribute caps, the system you outlined there is reasonable enough as long as the drills are of sufficient difficulty and not able to be exploited, and you need to achieve some sort of signifigant objective on at least a minimum game difficulty of all star during the player's career to earn training sessions (as an example, 1000 total rebounds).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »