Home

Should NBA 2K16 Implement Tip-Back Rebounding?

This is a discussion on Should NBA 2K16 Implement Tip-Back Rebounding? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Should NBA 2K16 Implement Tip-Back Rebounding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I have worry and/or wonder in regards to the ball physics necessitated for this to work. In fact, I imagine the difficulty in replicating real-life ball physics may be why the back-tip is not yet included (alongside the absence of long rebounds).

In the event that the ball physics were figured out, there'd still be the matter of making the players move in a manner that would allow such plays to take place and appear semi-natural.

For instance, would 2K's on-screen players be too skittish and and fast to allow a back-tip to take place in the manner in does in real life? Would defenders be able to steal an overwhelming amount of back-tip attempts due to reaction speed? Would it be fast break central? As a means of preventing a defensive advantage, would the back-tips be too fast, skirting past players (players that historically tend to struggle to pick up loose balls) and into the backcourt on a frequent basis?

No doubt, i support the implementation of both aspects. I just wonder if maybe it's been already considered, with just too many potential issues still present at this point. 2K's had some well documented issues with live-ball situations and both of these great ideas skirt back into that territory.
Great post.

I think you have a great point and I was thinking about that as well. You'd probably have to mo-cap the tip animations so they don't look out of place.

Also, it may do more harm than good if the ball still is not live. Imagine tips "registering" at the end of the game and the player did not actually touch the ball? Sheesh.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »