Home

So making a 7 ft. SF is the way to go for MyPark in 2k16?

This is a discussion on So making a 7 ft. SF is the way to go for MyPark in 2k16? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 06:45 AM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
So making a 7 ft. SF is the way to go for MyPark in 2k16?

There's almost no consequences with these guys as far as physical abilities are concerned. They seem to have just as good of ball control as PGs have and can shoot just as good as SGs can and can rebound anything in site with 40 inch verticals.

I actually liked my 6'7 PG this year in 2k15, but I'm getting out-rebounded and posterized on a consistent basis by having to defend a slenderman every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 AM   #2
Pro

Re: So making a 7 ft. SF is the way to go for MyPark in 2k16?

We've been complaining about 7ft small forwards for 4-5 years now. Let's hope they fix it this year and by fix i don't mean make the max height 6'11. I mean base attribute caps on position AND height.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Meh the game just needs to lower the speed and ball handling of the 7ft SF. They're rebounding nor inside isn't as great as true big man .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Banned

Nerf the big men and everybody will just use PG & SG's in 2k16. People overlook Centers and PF's. Those positions are more OP than the Small Forwards are. I personally don't see a ton in MyPark but the JRC is loaded with them. I have one myself so I don't even trip about it. I have a Point Guard as well that does just as much damage as the Small Forwards do. Definitely feel where you coming from though.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #5
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I think the debate is how much should you be limited on creating your player? Attribute caps are the immediate, logical first solution but I don't know if that's the right way. Why should a 7 footer not be able to have guard speed? Look at WCS. There'll always be freak of nature athletes that come along once in the while in the NBA so why should 2k prevent you from creating one?

I think a more viable solution may be to make certain attributes harder to come by or cost exponentially more depending on your physical makeup. As a 5'9 guard, building your speed up should be easier than as a 7 footer.

I don't think the game should prevent you from creating the player that you want, but it should make achieving certain characteristics much more difficult than others.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I think the debate is how much should you be limited on creating your player? Attribute caps are the immediate, logical first solution but I don't know if that's the right way. Why should a 7 footer not be able to have guard speed? Look at WCS. There'll always be freak of nature athletes that come along once in the while in the NBA so why should 2k prevent you from creating one?

I think a more viable solution may be to make certain attributes harder to come by or cost exponentially more depending on your physical makeup. As a 5'9 guard, building your speed up should be easier than as a 7 footer.

I don't think the game should prevent you from creating the player that you want, but it should make achieving certain characteristics much more difficult than others.
I agree with this. Unfortunately 2k has it backwards in this years game. Prime example: If you want to max out a Point Guards playmaking ability it takes about 35k VC to do so. On the other hand if you want to Max out a Centers playmaking ability it only takes about 18K VC. It should be the complete opposite. I don't have too much a problem with how people create their players. The main issue is servers man. They must be fixed in 2k16.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Any 7 footer dribbling wrecklessly up the court should be an easy strip for a natural built pg But in this game on ball steals are almost non existent because the game is so dependant on animations instead of live ball physics

IRL there are super freakish athletes like KD and Greek Freak but their skill set is still limited to where their height doesnt matter because how frail and nimble those dudes are that a guy like Tony Allen can D them up

2k doesnt know what balance means
Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder

It's called 'playstyles.' If you want a freak of nature SF, have the Athletic playstyle, but prepare to have some other stats suffer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »