Home

James at the Pg

This is a discussion on James at the Pg within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
James at the Pg

Seems like everyone is putting James at the Pg, my last 4 games on Myteam I faced people that put James at the Pg, Im not complaining cause I like a challenge and I dont consider that cheese, it just make me make adjustments like I have Arest at the Sg and I put him on James.

Im on a 3 game losing streak now and I notice that their team plays must better with James at the Pg and they get away with alot of stuff, offensive rebounding, making bad shots and etc.

Do you think it's cheese? and How can 2k team make PG restrictions (who you can put at the PG) in 2k16, like in Madden/Ncaa when you can put the RB at the QB and WR at the RB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: James at the Pg

James takes the ball up court a lot in real life so I don't think him being the official PG in the game is cheese.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
James takes the ball up court a lot in real life so I don't think him being the official PG in the game is cheese.
yeah, im not complaining its just that I run plays and I dont want to change players to a position i dont want to, like for example, I have Artest at the SF but I dont want to move him to the SG, some reason the game dont let Artest who is at the SF guard the Pg who is James, so I have to move Artest to the SG just to guard James, there's not to many that can guard James at the Pg, only Gary Payton, and Magic Johnson.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
This is true, but he is still usually playing with a PG on the floor. Which doesn't screw up matchups at the defensive end.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #5
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Well James at the PG actually makes a lot of video-game sense, because he has all the badges a PG should have and then some. So whoever you have at PG is probably a worse choice (which is wak). And there plenty of great players to play the SF position, and having more height on the floor is always a good thing. So in the video game world, anyone with James should put him at the point. Smh..
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #6
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

its cheese because its creates cheap mismatches and makes real point guards virtually useless in the mode. When people put LBJ at PG, they usually have all 6,8,-6,10 guys at the SG and SF. Also they dont run the offense with LBJ and move the ball, they just want to turbo and dunk and exploit the fact that they have a small guard matched up against him.

People want to argue that LBJ at point makes sense, however LBJ at point is just a microcosm of the main issue.
Its people putting anyone that is big,fast, and can dunk at point. I have seen people put guys like clyde drezer, dominque, paul george, kevin durant at point guard.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Bringing the ball up court is NOT the same as putting him at the PG position. He's still a SF with ballhandling and playmaking abilities. He still play alongside a traditional PG.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
its cheese because its creates cheap mismatches and makes real point guards virtually useless in the mode. When people put LBJ at PG, they usually have all 6,8,-6,10 guys at the SG and SF. Also they dont run the offense with LBJ and move the ball, they just want to turbo and dunk and exploit the fact that they have a small guard matched up against him.

People want to argue that LBJ at point makes sense, however LBJ at point is just a microcosm of the main issue.
Its people putting anyone that is big,fast, and can dunk at point. I have seen people put guys like clyde drezer, dominque, paul george, kevin durant at point guard.

I just bought Gary Payton for 30k Mt just for that reason, is to guard James, I wouldn't have to buy Payton if the SF can guard the Pg in defensive settings. But Payton is doing a great job guarding James, last game I had 5 onball steals on James..lol

but I had to sell my Robert Parish and Jerry Lucas who are important pieces to my spread offense scheme to get Payton, going to buy Bosh and Love.

Last edited by Law504; 06-11-2015 at 04:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »