Home

BTS look at Curry doing mocap

This is a discussion on BTS look at Curry doing mocap within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #9
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BTS look at Curry doing mocap

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Hopefully he gets a special layup package or floaters. He has those scoop high layups and floaters from anwhere in the lane

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
if they cant be defended they dont need to be in the game so hope 2k balances it
Old 06-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I always use the Warriors and it just really annoys me how off it is. I think I might have OCD or something because even I think spending that much time on a jump shot is insane but I still find myself trying to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably because he got 50 forms

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2015, 09:28 PM   #11
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Finally a realistic Steph Curry! That jumper is gonna be complete cheese I just know it. I hope a couple of the rookies do motion capture (I'd love if they could get D'Angelo's jumper in since it's so unique).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2015, 10:13 PM   #12
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Best jumper I found for D Russ is release 6 , waiters quick
Old 06-27-2015, 04:34 AM   #13
Rookie

Ward13's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Hopefully he gets a special layup package or floaters. He has those scoop high layups and floaters from anwhere in the lane

If anyone needs a lay up package it should be Kyrie! They could just add Steph's floaters to the animations they already have in the game. No need for a package because he doesn't have any signature layups, he just lays the ball up higher than others.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:45 AM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Hopefully 2K15s shot mechanics get trashed in 2K16 and we can go back to the classic shooting mechanics.

Last thing we need are a bunch of 12 year olds zig-zagging and draining perfect release 3s because his shot release is so easy.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:07 AM   #15
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
If anyone needs a lay up package it should be Kyrie! They could just add Steph's floaters to the animations they already have in the game. No need for a package because he doesn't have any signature layups, he just lays the ball up higher than others.
Well yeah that is still very signature to him so I said they need to add it if is he in there doing motion capture uh he should motion capture all of his shots. It is not just regular layups. His reverse layups have crazy high English and high off glass. Scoop layups with left or right. As long as they are not cheesy.

I also said Kyrie needs his own layup package with windmill layups not in here because we talking about Steph. Quick euros and he also goes high off glass with either hand.

2k we want signature with it not being cheesy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 09:38 AM   #16
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Well yeah that is still very signature to him so I said they need to add it if is he in there doing motion capture uh he should motion capture all of his shots. It is not just regular layups. His reverse layups have crazy high English and high off glass. Scoop layups with left or right. As long as they are not cheesy.

I also said Kyrie needs his own layup package with windmill layups not in here because we talking about Steph. Quick euros and he also goes high off glass with either hand.

2k we want signature with it not being cheesy.

Care to further elaborate.

If Steph Curry's shot is the way it is, and his signature shots are they are, and his high floaters and high off the glass shots are the way they are so as to avoid his shots getting blocked, and his outside jumps are ridiculously quick release, with his awkward contortions and leg kicks when he hits ridiculous threes are the way they are ... and all of this is completely realistic for Steph Curry because that's his game or is his signature package, ....

.... how are you going to tell 2k "we want signature with it not being cheesy?"

Please explain, please further elaborate how it's going to work.

Considering I only play with the Golden State Warriors (born and raised in the Oakland Bay Area), I want to be able to do what Steph Curry does in real life in NBA2k16 and beyond. I want to be able to do what the Golden State Warriors are able to do in real life, high tempo, run and gun, with ridiculously high number of assists.

I want to be able to do crazy left and right handed passes with Curry, and do ridiculously crazy step backs and side steps to high arcing threes. I want to be able to have one of those games where he simply goes off. And then run one of those games where he needs to get his teammates more involved because some guy is completely hounding him or Steph is getting doubled at the three point line.

In addition, I want to see more Curry's emotions and on the court reactions including his mouth guard dangling while shooting his free throws.

2k needs to keep things authentic to Steph Curry's game, just as they would need to do with the other superstars in the game like Lebron, Kobe, etc.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »