Home

Stressful game for sim players

This is a discussion on Stressful game for sim players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Stressful game for sim players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losethenbalicense
I don't get that tho, do they think if they make the game too sim it'll hurt sales ? People are gonna buy this game regardless so I don't understand the concept of making the game arcadish for sales.
Have to entertain the casuals and sim type. Can't be easy to balance that. Casuals bring in majority of sales so you have to make it pick up and play.

Superstar and hof should bring smarter ai and not increased bs. Superstar/hof should make you use your brain.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2015, 02:27 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuhead
Who in their right mind, on any level could enjoy ranks matches??? Especially a sim minded player.
against other sim players h2h is extremely fun. You know what type of game you're going to be playing if you see james harden running around in circles.

But, one game i played I had Nikola Mitoric at the 4 using the bulls. first play, sim gamer using portland backed down mitoric with LA and killed me. Forced me to make adjustments. Great game.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #19
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

The spacing in this game is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. It's absolutely no room on the court, which allows users to run around the court crazy defending everything in a zone (still).

I try to go in the post but its difficult because of the spacing. The user just comes down with another player to try to steal the ball and when you kick it back out the recovery speed is fast they are able to guard the outside shooter as well. So basically they're guarding 2 players at once.

The movement is one of the worst I've seen as well. I believe this to be partly due to the users switching from one player to the next constantly on defense just moving there players around all crazy. Somehow the defense is tied in to how off ball offensive players move as well. So when they are moving they're defenders around the court all crazy, it causes my offensive players to move around all crazy as well. It doesn't matter if you switch to space the floor or call isolation, they still move creating even more bad spacing.

I agree with the OP all day long, after 2k11 it's been down hill for this game. I'm gonna sit back and see what this show for this next iteration, and if nothings change, I don't see myself buying this years game. For online they need to add more options and give the online users the experience they are looking for, I shouldn't have to play on strictly superstar if I don't want to. Forcing players to play a specific difficulty is not cool to me. You had more options 10 years on or more ago. This is gonna be your 3rd installment on next gen and options are still bare.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #20
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Only thing you can do stick to your style hopefully It'll rub off on people you play, highly doubtful though.

Anyone want to get a game on PS4 hit me up. ForeverVersatile is the psn username.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 07-01-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
The spacing in this game is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. It's absolutely no room on the court, which allows users to run around the court crazy defending everything in a zone (still).

I try to go in the post but its difficult because of the spacing. The user just comes down with another player to try to steal the ball and when you kick it back out the recovery speed is fast they are able to guard the outside shooter as well. So basically they're guarding 2 players at once.

The movement is one of the worst I've seen as well. I believe this to be partly due to the users switching from one player to the next constantly on defense just moving there players around all crazy. Somehow the defense is tied in to how off ball offensive players move as well. So when they are moving they're defenders around the court all crazy, it causes my offensive players to move around all crazy as well. It doesn't matter if you switch to space the floor or call isolation, they still move creating even more bad spacing.

I agree with the OP all day long, after 2k11 it's been down hill for this game. I'm gonna sit back and see what this show for this next iteration, and if nothings change, I don't see myself buying this years game. For online they need to add more options and give the online users the experience they are looking for, I shouldn't have to play on strictly superstar if I don't want to. Forcing players to play a specific difficulty is not cool to me. You had more options 10 years on or more ago. This is gonna be your 3rd installment on next gen and options are still bare.

You are spot on with your points ! Especially about the spacing because I use the Grizzlies a lot online and I play inside out how they do in real life and it's hard to really punish opponents because of what you said by them basically being able to guard two people because of the fast recovery speed.

The recovery speed is still noticeable in fast breaks too, I don't know if it's because of the horrible running with the ball animations 2k has that allows defenders to keep up on every break or what. Speaking of running animations, why can't I run immediately after the pick is set ? There's always this lil hitch before you can move smh.

2k really needs to work on the responsiveness of this game because there are times where I can't do anything but dribble, it won't let me shoot, pass or anything except call a timeout. Am I the only one that experiences that ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #22
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

This game is just as stressful in myleague ...

The A.I Harden just euro steps out of a triple threat all game . I'm no ref but I'm sure that's a travel ...

Every big man has a deadly turnaround post fade ....

Psychic defense , sliding into place , insane recover times

Laws of physics and statistics applying to the user but not the CPU ...
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #23
Rookie

Those post fadeaways are automatic online as well and that's with literally every player on the game smh why is there even a rating for it ?

I noticed that steals are a problem too, for example I noticed that majority of the time that they let me actually knock the ball loose it's near the sideline and it always goes out of bounds. Sometimes when you get certain steal animations it doesn't let you go after the ball immediately instead it's like a delay which results in you not even getting the steal.

And for crying out loud !!!!! How come when the ball is about to be out of bounds on the other team my teammates run extra hard to save it BUT when it's about to be out on us they don't even try to save the ball ? Lmao this game drives me crazy but I can't stop playing it
Old 06-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #24
Rookie

I have to cosign on the post fadeaways, go in way too much.

If the big men in the real NBA could hit post fadeaway at the rate they do in 2k15 then half the league would be considered title contenders

Last edited by Yuss; 06-30-2015 at 01:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »