Home

Does 2k hate the Rockets?

This is a discussion on Does 2k hate the Rockets? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Does 2k hate the Rockets?

Every year I feel like they keep updating to nerf the Rockets on-line. I just played a game and went 0/18 from three and they make the most threes in the NBA. Ariza used to be good with a lot of hot zones, but they they nerfed him to the point where he bricks wide open threes most of the time. The same thing happened to Beverley, but his is just sloooooow. Dwight is soft, doesn't rebound like in real life, fouls more than he plays good defense, and he is a turn over machine who barely scores in the post. Pablo was always good in 2k until he got traded to the Rockets. The same can be said of KJ McDaniels and Josh Smith. I used to swish cheese J-Smoove. Now he is so bad. Beverley, and Terry shoot brick after brick. They gave Dontatas Motiejunas, the Rockets stretch big man, this impossible to make set shot.

They are so quick to update and nerf a Rockets player, but take forever to update them when they are playing well...if ever. They seem to like Harden, but hate the Rockets. That is my take on it. Outside of Harden the Rockets are the worst 2k team ever. I challenge anyone to win an on-line game without Harden. I can win with the Thunder without Durant, Cavs without LeBron, Warriors without Curry, Clippers without CP3, and many others...but the Rockets? No way in heck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Does 2k hate the Rockets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC
Every year I feel like they keep updating to nerf the Rockets on-line. I just played a game and went 0/18 from three and they make the most threes in the NBA. Ariza used to be good with a lot of hot zones, but they they nerfed him to the point where he bricks wide open threes most of the time. The same thing happened to Beverley, but his is just sloooooow. Dwight is soft, doesn't rebound like in real life, fouls more than he plays good defense, and he is a turn over machine who barely scores in the post. Pablo was always good in 2k until he got traded to the Rockets. The same can be said of KJ McDaniels and Josh Smith. I used to swish cheese J-Smoove. Now he is so bad. Beverley, and Terry shoot brick after brick. They gave Dontatas Motiejunas, the Rockets stretch big man, this impossible to make set shot.

They are so quick to update and nerf a Rockets player, but take forever to update them when they are playing well...if ever. They seem to like Harden, but hate the Rockets. That is my take on it. Outside of Harden the Rockets are the worst 2k team ever. I challenge anyone to win an on-line game without Harden. I can win with the Thunder without Durant, Cavs without LeBron, Warriors without Curry, Clippers without CP3, and many others...but the Rockets? No way in heck.
Shooting is all about the release. You could have somebody with 99 three and miss wide open shots if you don't have their release down. Contrarily, you could have somebody with 75 three and go off if you have their release down.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Houston made the most but they don't hit it the most consistently. I'd be surprised if they are in the top ten in percentage. Heck, I'd be surprised if they shoot over 35% from deep - they take and miss a lot of deep ones. 0/18 is probably user error though.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
Trequartista

10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC

They weren't nerfed they were updated to reflect real life performances. Ariza and Beverley both shot 35% this year. KJ McDaniels and Josh Smith are well below average three point shooters. As a team they were 1st in attempts and makes but 14th in percentage at 34%. 0/18 seems to be an issue with releases but it has nothing to do with players being nerfed. Pretty sure Dwight has a high foul tendency but I've never had an issue rebounding with him.

Per basketball-reference:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (229.7 KB, 277 views)
Old 07-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

They should take some of that offensive talent they gave Dwight and give it to Dmo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #6
Banned

Who doesn't? I mean aside from DMO.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #7
Rookie

SergentSandwich's Arena

James Harden has one of the easiest releases in the game you should be able to get his release down if you go into scrimmage and just keep playing around with him. It's also useful if you find out players hotspots so you can go on runs easier.
Old 07-25-2015, 01:44 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergentSandwich
James Harden has one of the easiest releases in the game you should be able to get his release down if you go into scrimmage and just keep playing around with him. It's also useful if you find out players hotspots so you can go on runs easier.
He also has 94 speed for some odd reason

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »