Home

Being to good (mycareer)

This is a discussion on Being to good (mycareer) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2015, 02:10 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Being to good (mycareer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to edit the gameplay sliders in my career. The gameplay is terrible out of the box, especially when you are only controlling your guy. That right there kills my career for me, but I love the concept of the mode and playing out a career.

As long as they put coach mode back in the game I'll be happy. I really love my league and just need coach mode to be in. I plan on creating my guy and making my own story for him and starting him out rated in the low 60s as an undrafted free agent with good potential. Then I'll control all 30 teams(lots of work i know but worth it) to keep the rosters realistic, but just play the games for the team I'm on position locked and put on coach mode when I sub out. I did this in NBA 2k13 and it was a blast, I made it through 15 seasons by playing 1 game a month of the regular season schedule and then all playoff games. I managed to win 2 titles and the most points I ever averaged per game in the playoffs was 32, I really had the sliders perfected to make it hard. I like doing that much better than any scripted my career with no customization.

My career really has a long long ways to go to be able to compare to that experience imo, and I don't see it getting there as soon as '16
I'd like sliders as well but i understand why they took it out. Remember 2k10? Certain people would just put all the sliders at 25 (and download one of those rosters where all players were 5'3 and 25ovr or whatever it was) just to get more skill points each game. Now, personally i don't really care what someone else does in their mycareer (as long as it doesn't ruin the online modes --> 7' gods etc) but i can see why 2k wouldn't like that. It would hinder their goldmine, vc sales.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:26 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 8

This is why I couldn't care less about all the fluff 2k is marketing. The gameplay will be the exact same, dominate or be dominated. Yawn.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:54 AM   #35
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

On Superstar difficulty you don't have to score 60 to win. I recommend playing playing on that instead of HOF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #36
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5

I average 1.7ppg with my PG on HOF Sim in my MyCareer and my team(who has no superstars besides myself) finished 1st in the east.

Youtube.com/sleepynate718
Twitter.com/ryanjnate
Old 08-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #37
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta
I average 1.7ppg with my PG on HOF Sim in my MyCareer and my team(who has no superstars besides myself) finished 1st in the east.

Twitter.com/ryanjnate
Assists?

10 char
Old 08-08-2015, 08:06 AM   #38
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
Assists?

10 char

Twitter.com/ryanjnate
Old 08-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

I've always said they should have kept those "sit downs" with management in the game. And use them to allow you to pick your role.

For example. After your first full season as a starter the manager could say;

"How are you feeling about your role with the team?"

And you could have five options.

A: I'm loving my role. But the more I get the ball the more this team will win (let me be the star).

B: I would be more comfortable in a supporting role. I think we would win more if another guy was the main option on offense (then a drop down menu of who you think that guy should be).

C: I feel like the starting unit is solid. But the bench is an issue. I would be more valuable playing as a sixth man. For now.

D: You're using me wrong. I can get you buckets but where in excel is defensively. The more energy I use up on offense the less I have for my defense. Let me take a back seat offensively but use me as the anchor defensively.

E: Everything is fine.

Then have the manager check back every offseason.

That's it. That's all you need to do. It can't be that difficult to programme this in. I understand the majority of their market are casual fans and young bucks who want to be the greatest of all time etc. But there is clearly a group of people who would rather take other roles.

Personally. I would LOVE to be the sixth man for the first 3-4 seasons of my career and try to win sixth man of the year. Or even be a career sixth man.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #40
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta

Twitter.com/ryanjnate
Isn't that pretty much the same as scoring 60 a game lol. Factor in threes and you might account for 80 points a game

Last edited by MrBallaBoy21; 08-08-2015 at 11:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »