Home

2K Holding Back Gameplay Footage because of Huge Leap?

This is a discussion on 2K Holding Back Gameplay Footage because of Huge Leap? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #17
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Holding Back Gameplay Footage because of Huge Leap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1baller
Isn't this the first year of no gameplay demo at Gamescom? I they usually display the game there for the first time. Not this year
They claimed it was because the Gamescom crowd isn't typically made up of basketball fans.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Isn't this the first year of no gameplay demo at Gamescom? I they usually display the game there for the first time. Not this year
Right but they never officially show gameplay. People just record crappy footage on their crappy phones. They're probably tired of leak footage in 120p that don't do the game justice.

Or maybe they are hiding something...
Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #19
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Mike and Da-Czar and the other guys lol

Leftos, OG, Simballer, Jaosming, Vl@d Zola, J Sapida

Look at that lineup
Other guys? You mean like Jerson Sapida aka the other mike wang, Shawn Lee the genius, Rob Jones the man, Zach Timmerman mr CH2k himself and others

Old 08-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Man I can't wait to see what these guys pull off with their first full cycle together....a lot of ties to the OS community on there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #21
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I haven't been this excited for 2K in a long time...

I just have this feeling that this is the year it comes together.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #22
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Some of you guys let your imaginations take ya'll far far away. You build up the level of hype, so when info is released, it doesn't live up to your expectations. I've been playing this game since the Dreamcast days, and ive enjoyed this franchise more than others. I understand the wish lists, and complaints. I have a few of both myself, but try not to go all Star Wars with anticipation. With that said, im sure good things are instore.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #23
Pro

"DTA" -Stone Cold Steve Austin

"Don't believe the hype" - Public Enemy
Old 08-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #24
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I think that 2k has dramatically changed the Gameplay mechanics for 2k16. At this time of the year, we would have seen more gameplay. This I believe is based on the snippets that we have seen , Mike Wang's comments on the 2kTV video about a new player moment system , and the fact that they aren't even showing us anything. Also I have noticed that player movement looks different (more fluid) then any Nba 2k game in history, and thats based on the little that we have seen.

I think they are hiding something MAJOR about gameplay.

What are ya'lls thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What video did he state this? Are you talking the two words video that they never mentioned?

Where he said something about the something giving their dev's a hard time?

Here is what my guess was

Quote:
The big Mike Wang announcement has to do with animations or visual.

"It is going to make the game look significantly better than any game that was made before it"

There are only a couple of things that can make the game look better, better scanned models which they didn't announce but I think was pretty much leaked already. The players faces are already scanned so now they may have added scanned arms to get full body scans. While I don't know how difficult this is it doesn't seem something that body scans should be stressing out the A.I. Engineers

The other thing that would make the game look significantly better is signature movement and I can see how this could stress out A.I. engineers especially because it involves capturing different running styles and would mean they have to animate a bunch of different players running movement style.

The two words are Signature Ecomotion

Basically 2K roots are deeply set into Signature everything, shots, dunks dribbling and even celebrations now. This new Signature Ecomotion will basically incorporate signature running syles and movement so that players will now run, move more like themselves. It is the next level of blurring the lines between TV and video games and I think it will make the difference in players really noticeable when playing and viewing.

This idea came up in a 2k15 Simulation idea thread while they were making 2K15 someone mentioned something about signature movements and I just ran with the Signature movements
I think there will be game play improvements and actual movement improvement that will probably be in a Dev diary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »