Home

Before YOU Complain About Anything 2K Related; Please Read

This is a discussion on Before YOU Complain About Anything 2K Related; Please Read within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #33
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Before YOU Complain About Anything 2K Related; Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign

They don't seem to care when it comes to modes like Online Association. Yes, they've added a ton of stuff to it but ultimately left it unplayable with no real offseason. It seemed like they cared to cater to the casual gamer who is only gonna play one season with some friends and didn't care enough for that hardcore gamer who wants to play 6 seasons with friends. The "they don't care" sounds pretty harsh but when you have people begging on forums/social media for this mode to be done right and it has no long term value again, frustrations have traction, at least with me. They frequent these forums for ideas - really feels like 90% of whats added comes from here - but they don't throw us online association guys a bone? Then they let us know they care even more by only inviting youtubers who play MyTeam and open packs to their studios to play the game AND send them the game early. I think a simple blurb of why no offseason as input this year would've helped.

I agree with a lot of what you had to said, but I think the bolded is a little harsh. If they didn't care, then I honestly don't think it would have been touched at all. Obviously, they have a very short cycle and just couldn't get everything in this year. I think if most people had to choose between what they gave us last year or what they're giving us this year, then the choice is pretty clear.

Basically, what I'm saying is they had to start from somewhere and at least it now appears that online is heading in the right direction. I know it sucks to hear but to me next year will be telling... if OA's in 2k17 receive an off-season along with other upgrades, then the future should be very bright for online b-ball fans. If it doesn't then we're probably stuck in the same wheel spinning, then reset pattern that you've seen in the past. Right now I have no reason to believe that this isn't a foundation for them to continue to build on in the future.... but like I said that doesn't do anything for us in NBA 2K16.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #34
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

I sometimes work with computers..and if something not stable you do not take any chances and put the prouduct out. There's only two choices here..have a online mode that will crash and causes many many bugs and unhappy customers. are wait until there's a better stability that works.

But 2k still gave us a stable online that has less features for now, that looks promising for the future.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

I'll say this: I'm all for constructive criticism. 2k definitely isn't a perfect game, but you can definitely see there effort. They provide and try to provide so much more than any sports game I can think of.

I just can't bring myself to complain. I like to enjoy things in life. I don't expect anything to be perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #36
Pro

Yeah so we buy a game and don't like certain things about so we aren't supposed to say anything about it with the assumption that it's just something beyond their control? I don't really agree with anything OP said. At all.

I just don't buy it. It's like ordering food at a restaurant and then the waiter bringing you something that looks like what you ordered but it isn't exactly what they described or what the picture looks like. Says it steak but it's really just a hamburger patty type of deal. Why would I not let the waiter know this isn't what I was expecting?

Regardless of if they can or can't fix an issue, we don't know. To say it's disrespectful to want the most bang for our buck is actually more disrespectful to the consumer. It's a 50/50 deal here. They make the game we buy it. If ppl would have stuck with Live 2K wouldn't be the leading selling franchise. They have to sell games still.

No matter what your post says, people are still gonna complain man. It doesn't matter. A lot of the issues I see ppl complaining about are either features they took out or things like art problems. If it was already in the game, what is causing it to not be there now, but it returns in the future (Crew Options)...Or shoes looking terrible. Or animations taking control of the game. Or having dynamic hair for 2 players but not expanding on it etc, etc...

These things are not impossible to fix with polish. And to say online has always been broken so don't bother them is a terrible way to look at a game that's technically always online. When you log into 2k you get a connect online. If your connection or theirs does not work, you can't play, so it's not something we should just sweep under the rug, ever.

What complaints do you even see that seems as if there are things beyond 2ks control? If it's AI they have dedicated AI guys. If it's offball movement and player reactions, LIVE 2005 had a full 5v5 man mocap sessions and it looked awesome. The thing about saying it's year 3 on the PS4/XB1 is this...It plays exactly the same as the old gen stuff. They remodeled the house, but the groundwork and foundation underneath the dirt can't be changed. They didn't start this from the ground up. They literally took an old house and put some new fixings in man.

I understand where you're coming from because you're tired of seeing complaints, but like I said, the things ppl are complaining about are not off the wall ideas. Nobody is asking for spaceships with basketballs or anything crazy. They want jumpers with no hitches and more animations and etc.

Don't blame anything on a short dev cycle either. A year is a LONG time to work and with patches, nothing is set in stone. Guys start working on the next 2k right after 1 drops. Not to mention as I said they have groups that work on specific things. It's not 13 ppl working on every aspect, but probably more like 13 GROUPS of multiple guys in different areas so that's no excuse.

I guarantee if we/consumers don't complain or give criticism this game wouldn't have changed much. How could they know what we want if we don't comment on it? Imagine if we don't say anything what this game would still look like.

Last edited by 24ct; 08-27-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:49 AM   #37
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Yeah so we buy a game and don't like certain things about so we aren't supposed to say anything about it with the assumption that it's just something beyond their control? I don't really agree with anything OP said. At all.

I just don't buy it. It's like ordering food at a restaurant and then the waiter bringing you something that looks like what you ordered but it isn't exactly what they described or what the picture looks like. Says it steak but it's really just a hamburger patty type of deal. Why would I not let the waiter know this isn't what I was expecting?

Regardless of if they can or can't fix an issue, we don't know. To say it's disrespectful to want the most bang for our buck is actually more disrespectful to the consumer. It's a 50/50 deal here. They make the game we buy it. If ppl would have stuck with Live 2K wouldn't be the leading selling franchise. They have to sell games still.

No matter what your post says, people are still gonna complain man. It doesn't matter. A lot of the issues I see ppl complaining about are either features they took out or things like art problems. If it was already in the game, what is causing it to not be there now, but it returns in the future (Crew Options)...Or shoes looking terrible. Or animations taking control of the game. Or having dynamic hair for 2 players but not expanding on it etc, etc...

These things are not impossible to fix with polish. And to say online has always been broken so don't bother them is a terrible way to look at a game that's technically always online. When you log into 2k you get a connect online. If your connection or theirs does not work, you can't play, so it's not something we should just sweep under the rug, ever.

What complaints do you even see that seems as if there are things beyond 2ks control? If it's AI they have dedicated AI guys. If it's offball movement and player reactions, LIVE 2005 had a full 5v5 man mocap sessions and it looked awesome. The thing about saying it's year 3 on the PS4/XB1 is this...It plays exactly the same as the old gen stuff. They remodeled the house, but the groundwork and foundation underneath the dirt can't be changed. They didn't start this from the ground up. They literally took an old house and put some new fixings in man.

I understand where you're coming from because you're tired of seeing complaints, but like I said, the things ppl are complaining about are not off the wall ideas. Nobody is asking for spaceships with basketballs or anything crazy. They want jumpers with no hitches and more animations and etc.

Don't blame anything on a short dev cycle either. A year is a LONG time to work and with patches, nothing is set in stone. Guys start working on the next 2k right after 1 drops. Not to mention as I said they have groups that work on specific things. It's not 13 ppl working on every aspect, but probably more like 13 GROUPS of multiple guys in different areas so that's no excuse.

I guarantee if we/consumers don't complain or give criticism this game wouldn't have changed much. How could they know what we want if we don't comment on it? Imagine if we don't say anything what this game would still look like.
BINGO was his name-o. Especially the last paragraph.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #38
Pro

And to the guy saying NBA 2K15 wasn't quality, I have to agree that was probably the worst 2K I've ever played on or off-line. Graphically it took a step back and as far as AI it just was terrible. On top of that, after patch 4 it was REALLY bad. It was SO bad that 2K had to drop every players shooting ratings 10 points to even get some type of balance. That right there admits there was some error along the way.

I played because I liked the rec and my friends play it, but then you throw in 7 ft 2 PGs with all badges and any demi god created characters, I've seen centers, SG, SFs you name it somebody has glitched something. These things ARE controllable.

You ban these guys for a day, week, month whatever you have to, you just don't let them play online. They can enjoy single player mode, but when you come online with stuff like this, it's effecting EVERYBODY. And no other game allows the online community to just run rampant. I can name several games that ban players for a length of time from PVP modes for cheating/glitching. Not to mention it's in the PSN/XBL TOS stuff.

We shouldn't just overlook this stuff. And when you see 2k chalking it up to 'we can't do anything' but these guys are still selling VC, you definitely have a legit argument that they only care about money. I get it. Ppl have to eat. Salaries have to be paid. But to say it's nothing that can be done IMO just sounds like a lie. How can 1 game played online ban guys but 2K just can't seem to do anything about it? Especially considering they claim the game is all online now to prevent what ppl were doing with the Crew by making 7 ft PGs etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »