Home

In Pro-Am I want a Playoff Window and Banners in my crews' Arena!!!

This is a discussion on In Pro-Am I want a Playoff Window and Banners in my crews' Arena!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: In Pro-Am I want a Playoff Window and Banners in my crews' Arena!!!

Maybe we could have banners hung for # of wins?

get a banner for 100, 250, 500, 1000, etc it would be pretty cool to see banners hung for tournaments and such but also add more in there just to have stuff hung.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I think you meant "cheese of the cheese". "Competitiveness" and a reason to win brings out the cheese more than anything. Just look at the park/rec/stage up until a couple of months ago or even pickup games vs crew in 2k11. Bigger reward is more cheese. Don't get me wrong, i want leaderboards and big rewards but as long as there are exploits those things are going, for the most part, to the biggest cheesers. I guess technically that means it goes to whoever's best at the game of 2k, i just wish it would be more about who's better (mentally) at the game of basketball. Maybe one day.
Did you play crew in 2k10 or 11? cheesers definitely got beat by teams that actually knew how to play basketball, and in 2k15 it was like that too until that patch around christmas time made cheesers way to effective
Old 08-23-2015, 11:56 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Maybe we could have banners hung for # of wins?

get a banner for 100, 250, 500, 1000, etc it would be pretty cool to see banners hung for tournaments and such but also add more in there just to have stuff hung.
great idea and other milestones too, cause like in the red wings banners pic i showed it showed thing like division champions, most wins in a season so, it's not like it would be unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 12:41 AM   #12
Rookie

WishListGOD 1 OF 2's Arena

This would be a huge thing for realism and building a competitive fervor. It would be awesome if crews ran into arenas (5-10 min shot arounds?) with thousands cheering and saw above them rafters covered with banners from a truly elite team. Would give you chills if you were in a road elimination game, during a tournament championship.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball1994
Did you play crew in 2k10 or 11? cheesers definitely got beat by teams that actually knew how to play basketball, and in 2k15 it was like that too until that patch around christmas time made cheesers way to effective
I did and i remember that most of the high ranked crews we faced did the hop step from ft line, (double) spin dunks, endless pumpfaking and of course the 131 zone and contested stepback corner 3's iirc (or turbo fadeaway corner 3, something like that), (edit: forgot about the eurostep). I didn't say we couldn't beat them while playing actual basketball with normal players, i just said they made up most of the top spots which is a simple fact.

As for 2k15, if that patch hadn't been there they would've found some other cheese. The fact doesn't change, stage became largely cheese WAAYYY before rec/park. Why? The only thing i can think of is the much bigger rewards.

That's just my observation (well, it's more than just that... it's common sense as well): modes with low rewards stay low on cheese for a longer time.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I did and i remember that most of the high ranked crews we faced did the hop step from ft line, (double) spin dunks, endless pumpfaking and of course the 131 zone and contested stepback corner 3's iirc (or turbo fadeaway corner 3, something like that), (edit: forgot about the eurostep). I didn't say we couldn't beat them while playing actual basketball with normal players, i just said they made up most of the top spots which is a simple fact.

As for 2k15, if that patch hadn't been there they would've found some other cheese. The fact doesn't change, stage became largely cheese WAAYYY before rec/park. Why? The only thing i can think of is the much bigger rewards.

That's just my observation (well, it's more than just that... it's common sense as well): modes with low rewards stay low on cheese for a longer time.
they made up the top spots cause they had like 3 squads of 5'
s going on at all times of the day and they racked up wins and losses, i just know that my crew stayed in the top 100 without hacked players and we also had just 1 squad playing at a time unlike the top dogs, and i also know we beat our fellow top 100 crews more than they beat us despite them having a team full of at least 7'5" players... this is how i remember crew, and yeah they did do all that cheese, the 3 point cheese was never a problem really that was a 2k8 online quick match thing and this year of course.

stage is cheese cause kids think it's cool and ok too cheese and no one or i should say not many of the influential people in the community are even telling the kids that style of play is not cool, when i ask them why they cheese i get bs responses like... if they cheese i got to, i cheese cause it's easy, everyone does it, you're not trying unless you cheese... these are the b.s. responses i get from cheesers.

my theory is, if cheesing isn't effective the kids won't waste their time trying to master it, they should devote all that time into mastering the art of playing basketball instead

Last edited by bball1994; 08-25-2015 at 06:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »