Home

What Position/Role will you play for ProAM?

This is a discussion on What Position/Role will you play for ProAM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hopefully 2k caps the rating for each position for certain attributes. I am expecting them to allow a player to have one weakness while being great at some and above average at others. They kind of got it right in 2k15, but since jumpshooting was clearly OP, and a necessity for play style, users often created their players by with no emphasis on inside scoring.

Hopefully 2k doesn't bunch ratings such Block/Steal or upgrading all shooting with one upgrade. Instead allows users to create their players to their own liking. By capping certain attributes, I think it will balance the game and force users to really think what type of player they will be and how they co coexist with teammates

Im sure many of us will be running with the same squads from last year, I know I am.

This year Im playing a defensive point forward (SF). Mainly focusing on distributing the ball, controlling the pace, grabbing defensive boards and deciding whether or not to push or slow down the game. Chose to play SF because I am usually the best on ball defender on my team and I know most good users and "cheesers" play the SF position, so most the responsibilty of guarding the best player will be me. Also will be a tall enough to play a stretch 4 when both my big men arent on. With these ideas in mind, it looks like Ill be committing to Old Town for the parks boosts.

So realistically if 2k does what I expect they do with the ratings cap or the inability to make "an all around 99" player. My ratings will look like this

Ratings will be:
Defense, Playmaking as main priority
Rebounding, Mid-Range, Finishing will be average
Athleticism, 3pt shooting, low post a little below average

Again I won't know if 2k implements a rating system like this but if it were to be so this is what I would do. Hopefully we find information on the player creation specs this week.

Last edited by nyccc; 08-25-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Position/Role will you play for ProAM?

Pass first PG like every year.

My alt will be a defensive/rebounding PF.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

6'11" Ben-Wallace-type center. Minus the awful free throws.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

NManuel13's Arena

I mainly go with a 6'2/6'3 pass first athletic PG, Similarly to Chris Paul's style of play.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
Rookie

I'd like to have you on my team if you're an SF playing defense and distributing the rock. Hopefully 2k doesn't bunch in the dunk/jump, lat def. and speed as I love creating my player as I am in real life. A combo guard with the ability to put the ball on the floor, pass, def. is ok although I can steal. Those are some attributes I would balance out. Including fearlessness attacking the basket, creating space for me and my teammates, so on and so forth. I'm athletic but I'm only 5'6 so dunking is not my thing, even though my numbers would say otherwise.

As a huge fan of the small guards who've made such an impact in the league (Iverson, I. Thomas, I. Thomas), that would authenticate my style personally, I just think that what you said about not bunching the attributes would be awesome. Specially considering guys who are athletic but just can't stop anyone . Again 🏽️, I can score and I get my steals (which is similar to what AI use to do), yes, but I admit I need to work on my lockdown skills. The pet peeve I hold against My Career is that it's a bit lonely, there are no leaderboards.

In conclusion, i support all the points you made. It'd be interesting to know the platform where you play nba 2k (ps4 or Xbox one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
I'd like to have you on my team if you're an SF playing defense and distributing the rock. Hopefully 2k doesn't bunch in the dunk/jump, lat def. and speed as I love creating my player as I am in real life. A combo guard with the ability to put the ball on the floor, pass, def. is ok although I can steal. Those are some attributes I would balance out. Including fearlessness attacking the basket, creating space for me and my teammates, so on and so forth. I'm athletic but I'm only 5'6 so dunking is not my thing, even though my numbers would say otherwise.

As a huge fan of the small guards who've made such an impact in the league (Iverson, I. Thomas, I. Thomas), that would authenticate my style personally, I just think that what you said about not bunching the attributes would be awesome. Specially considering guys who are athletic but just can't stop anyone . again 🏽️, I can score and I get my steals (which is similar to what AI use to do), yes, but I admit I need to work on my lockdown skills. The pet peeve I hold against My Career is that it's a bit lonely, there are no leaderboards.

In conclusion, i support all the points you made. It'd be interesting to know the platform where you play nba 2k (ps4 or Xbox one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im on PS4 but I dont really share my PSN on OS. Reason why is because I am guilty of cheesing and like to keep my identity a little private. Hit my Legend 3 a little early and used to be a regular on High Rollers. Ive played alot with the top ranked guys in Old Town and then played center with my "cheese" friends in the Rec. But my hypothesis is, if your'e cheesing all game just expect it back.

But Im always down looking for unselfish teammates and people who really know the game. So shoot me a pm with your name if your'e on psn well link up.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #7
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Russell Westbrook/Derrick Rose athletic hybrid PG.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #8
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Double post

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »