Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog With Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog With Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog with Mike Wang

Quote from my post in the "NBA 2k16's Key to Succes" thread:

Quote:
Personally, I don't really care for online modes like MyTeam and such. Occasionally I play some Quick Games online, but that's it. Recap shows are extras for me, gameplay is by far the most important thing.

1. Different passing animations. Some plays include hand-offs, due to the lack of this animation the play's flow stops and kills the flow of the offense. In addition I would love to see a pocket pass in combination with a sliding screener.
Check, hand-offs are there, more options to pass. Like mentioned before I am curious what happens to the Icon Passing, since that was all I used.

Quote:
2. Spacing. I don't know it is because of the movement of the big men or the actual size of the court, but the help defense of the weak side is so quick. The most efficient way to defend is to put the PoE to "Protect the Paint" and manually closeout the shooters. When the shooter pulls op a three pointer, the defender is 90% of the time in his face. Due to the bumping it isn't possible to attack the closeout and slash for an lay up attempt.
Nobody mentioned a thing about the size of the actual players. But the new motion system could lead to slower defensive help from the weak side. The new dribble crowd system could lead to better slashing. We'll see about this one.

Quote:
3. Players movement. I want to see an explicit difference between players like Westbrook and e.g. Hibbert, guards should be able to blast past static big men. Hell, even in transition I can't see a clear difference.
Just like the previous point, the new foot planting system should be the answer to the velocity of the players. They mentioned this one in the video for sure.

Quote:
These are the three key things for succes to me. There are some little things that need to be tweaked or added:

4. Post Fadeaway, no explanation needed. Every big men that receives the ball (even near the 3-point line) fades and hits the shot. Really, really annoying.
5. Addition of tutorials. I want to be able to improve my post offense, let me train my post moves with e.g. Okafor or dribble moves with Curry.
6. Rebounding, stats are just unimportant. Every big men is able to rebound, somehow stats need to affect their rebounding skills.
7. Hop before shooting. When I choose a floppy play for Thompson or Green, I want them to shoot the ball immediately after they receive the ball without turning the shot in an impossible fader.
8. Blocks. They should occur more often and the shots need to be blocked with force, not the weak touches. Playing with Poke's sliders improves the blocking, but it still needs some tweaking in my opinion.

There are probably many other things that needs to be improved that I can't think of right now. For clarification, I loved(!!) the game this year. Played the game throughout a whole year and with the constant patching and custom sliders the game is great. I hope NBA Live gives 2K some competition this year, so they keep improving the game!
4. New post system, although I liked the old system, more flexibility is always good. Looking forward to master this skill and string some moves together Olajuwon style!
5. Not mentioned, really want it to master the new post system.
6. Long rebound, new box-out system, higher skill based, yeah baby!
7. "A bunch of new jump shot types to cover various cases to prevent weird facing and momentum pops. We’ve also given you the ability to maintain your dribble when pulling off a hop shot and tweaked shot release speeds to remove some of the delays and hitches you may have seen in the past." Guess this is it?
8. Manual control of the block intensity and (better) tracking while the ball is mid-air. Nice, blocking will be satisfying again.

Just look at this, nearly all my concerns/hopes are covered in ONE blog. I cross my fingers and hope the game will be as great as it looks. Looking forward to Czar with new play additions/freelance motion. Way to go 2K!
Old 09-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #98
Rookie

I like the new additions to gameplay. But we have to criticize 2k for taking out stuff from old games then bringing it back as if its new. I'm happy with what i read. Its next gen new and improved 2k11 from what i got from the blog. Cant be mad 2k11 was my favorite 2k to date.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #99
Rookie

AJenius06's Arena

Everything on this blog sounds awesome! The physics and AI improvement are what have me slobbing, waiting to get my hands on this game.

But that's just it. No matter how good you are at using adjectives and having good enough PR to sell these improvements, nothing will make me happier than actually seeing the game being played and more importantly, playing the game.

If passing is responsive, physics are accurate and teams have their own feel... we might have the best game ever created on our hands.

BUT...

Like I said, skip all of this information now -- a blog is cool... But actual footage would be better. In due time, I guess...

PSN: AJenius06
In 2K, I'm Godly...

Old 09-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #100
Pro

OVR: 2
The animations in this game are beautiful. It would be insane to see what they would've done with football.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #101
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Theses developpers blogs are the worst man. I just want to try the game now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #102
Rookie

I saw great defenders on great stars, does it mean CPU use strategy and substitution more precisely now? They still haven't fixed the crowd like NBA live otherwise that would be awesome feeling. Not just playoffs the fans goes crazy, regular season in some situation happens too.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 30
Haven't gotten a chance to see the vid from earlier cuz it just would not play but reading this on train ride home almost put a tear in my eye. Lol. Just couldn't help being disappointed about not hearing about off ball contact like Live is gunna have. Previous vids showed nothing in that regard. If anything about that was in blog, I would have fully dropped a tear on this damn train. Lol. Still great stuff here. Wow.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog with Mike Wang

These guys sure know how to bring it!!! After watching this I have to see a WHOLE LOT from the demo of the competition to buy 2 games. To hell with a change of pace for $60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 09-02-2015 at 07:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »