Home

Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k games

This is a discussion on Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k game

1991-92 Knicks: Best Knicks team of the 90s AINEC.

1997-98 Hornets: Just a fun team with in his prime Glen Rice, Anthony Mason, and RIP Bobby Phills

1986-87 Mavericks: Another fun team with a ton of talent.

2002-03 Spurs: Duncan, The Admiral, Manu, Parker, Steve Smith, Steve Kerr, Bruce Bowen, S-Jax...need I say more?

1992-93 Nets: Drazen Petrovic and powder blue jerseys.

2000-01 Bucks: Young Ray Allen, Big Dog, and Cassell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #42
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k game

If we are going by under the radar "fun teams" Why not the 2003-2004 Cleveland Cavaliers
Rookie Phenom LeBron James. High flying slasher Ricky Davis. Young versatile athletic big man Darius Miles. Young athletic big Carlos Boozer. Former all star Zydrunus Ilgauskas.

I mean this guy

Playing with this guy

Would be so much fun.

Last edited by LeBronistheKing; 09-05-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
If we are going by under the radar "fun teams" Why not the 2003-2004 Cleveland Cavaliers
Rookie Phenom LeBron James. High flying slasher Ricky Davis. Young versatile athletic big man Darius Miles. Young athletic big Carlos Boozer. Former all star Zydrunus Ilgauskas.

Definitely a fun little squad. Unfortunately, Ricky Davis and Darius Miles were both gone by the all-star break that year.

That said, great dunking trio while it lasted. Also, that team produced this wonderful Ricky Davis quote:

Quote:
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score," Davis said."
Old 09-06-2015, 03:34 AM   #44
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't say no to good ol' Ricky Davis

Old 09-06-2015, 04:33 AM   #45
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesFan9

1997-98 Hornets: Just a fun team with in his prime Glen Rice, Anthony Mason, and RIP Bobby Phills
Good call, although I dont think there is enough demand.

They also had Vlade and Matt Geiger in the middle, David Wesley and BJ ARmstrong at the point and Dell Curry scorching off the bench
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #46
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Definitely a fun little squad. Unfortunately, Ricky Davis and Darius Miles were both gone by the all-star break that year.

That said, great dunking trio while it lasted. Also, that team produced this wonderful Ricky Davis quote:
I know the team was different by the All Star break but even the Jeff McGinnis, Ira Newble, Erik Williams team still had Uber athletic rookie LeBron.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:48 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I know the team was different by the All Star break but even the Jeff McGinnis, Ira Newble, Erik Williams team still had Uber athletic rookie LeBron.
True words. I definitely see the intrigue. Some have criticized the idea of that 1986 Bulls team existing on 2K but some of those random squads showcasing legends in vastly different roles, statures or environments can be pretty fascinating (the 1998 Lakers and Frobe being another example).

I believe the 2004 Cavaliers could be a pretty cool addition. It's not going to happen this year, but perhaps somewhere down the line. Headband low, mostly clean shaven, Air Zoom Generations, skinny (comparatively), bordering even closer to being pass first (and willing to dish with style), pretty broken jumper... it'd be an interesting time travel. And yes, bonus points for the inclusion of Southfield, MI native Ira Newble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kl0Z-6HLlw
Old 09-06-2015, 05:39 PM   #48
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0

1975 Celtics - Title team with Havlicek, Cowens, Jojo, and many more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »