Home

NBA 2K16 MyLEAGUE: Who will you choose?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyLEAGUE: Who will you choose? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 MyLEAGUE: Who will you choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpured
When do y'all start any long-term franchises? Day one? With the opening day rosters? Trade deadline? Etc.?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
I split it up to keep the game fresh. I do one from day one and play that one until the trade deadline.

Then I do a realistic one and make all the moves. If the Wolves are in contention (which hasn't happened in like 8 years), then I play that half season out. If not, then I usually sim the rest of the season and start playing games in year 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #42
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

1. Which team are you most looking forward to taking over and playing with?
Really not sure yet. Maybe the Supersonics (see Question 2) or Timberwolves.

2. Which team will you relocate with first? And where are they going?
Bonus question: what logos will they have and what will their team name be?

I have a blog post written up about all my plans for re-locations and re-designs/re-brands. I'd be interested in playing with all of them, but I'm messing with over 1/3 of the league, so that's just not practical. Which is why I'm leaning towards Seattle or Minnesota.

3. When you control the league, are you going to roll with the standard 82 game regular season/7 game playoff series or will you do 66 games in a season/5 game series for the first round or something completely different?
Keeping the standard 82 game season for sure. Probably the 7-7-7-7 playoff series too.

4. Which player would you absolutely have to have on your team that isn't a superstar/star level guy?
Probably depends on whom I control and what their roster deficiencies are. But nobody in particular comes to mind at the moment.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Old 09-15-2015, 05:23 PM   #43
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm either going to be the promising young Orlando Magic squad or the complete disaster in Sacremento.

I will re-brand whatever team I take over. Probably going to keep the city/mascot but give them a new logo with better jerseys. Both the Kings and Magic have horrible jerseys.

3. When you control the league, are you going to roll with the standard 82 game regular season/7 game playoff series or will you do 66 games in a season/5 game series for the first round or something completely different?
29 game seasons
3-5-5-7 playoff format

4. Which player would you absolutely have to have on your team that isn't a superstar/star level guy?
The University of Notre Dame product Pat Connaughton will be promptly traded for and come in off the bench as a shooter.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #44
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Mad dog! Don't forget Luke Walton, he's got more championships than his father (I'm fairly certain of that)...
Actually, both have 2. Bill with '77 Blazers and '86 Celtics, Luke with '09-'10 Lakers.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Old 09-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #45
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

I think I'm gonna go with the Nuggets. With Ty Lawson gone, somebody has got to rebuild these guys and get them back to playoff contenders and perhaps being championship material at some point. Got to start with a bit of a rebrand. Change up the jerseys and change up the court if I can. Make the navy color surrounding the corners of the court also the color for the paint area. I hate that light blue in the paint contrasting with the navy outside. It's just too uuuuuugly lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #46
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
Actually, both have 2. Bill with '77 Blazers and '86 Celtics, Luke with '09-'10 Lakers.
^I could have googled that, but decided to throw it out there. Good call.

Bill's are more impressive, clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyPrime
I think I'm gonna go with the Nuggets. With Ty Lawson gone, somebody has got to rebuild these guys and get them back to playoff contenders and perhaps being championship material at some point. Got to start with a bit of a rebrand. Change up the jerseys and change up the court if I can. Make the navy color surrounding the corners of the court also the color for the paint area. I hate that light blue in the paint contrasting with the navy outside. It's just too uuuuuugly lol
PLEASE bring back the rainbow city unis. Those were just so good to watch in action and, frankly, the culture today would embrace them wholeheartedly.

That or you could change the name of the team to the Denver Cheetos and change their team abbreviation to 420 ... you know, just for reasons.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:09 AM   #47
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks like it's time to answer my own questions ...

The Suns and the Magic, right out of the box. Suns for their fast offense and the Magic for how young and intriguing they are.

I'm probably going to relocate either the Clippers, Hornets, or Pelicans -- really not sure which. Someone's going to Seattle and giving them back a team, and the Sonics will be wearing their same colors as before, but with a new jersey design that pays homage to the past while setting an aggressive, fast pace for the future.

I've only ever done 82 regular season games and 7 playoff series. Might switch the first round back to five (being longer seems wrong).

Darren Collision for legacy and Nerlens Noel to build around (love that defense.).
Old 09-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #48
MVP

Insight23's Arena

Miami Heat!! I wanna turn Winslow into a Tony Allen type defender as soon as possible. Try to get Dwayne Wade his first MVP.

I'm tempted to bring the 07 Cavs to the current East & see how far I can go. I hope they have the right player models for these classic teams.

I surely will give the Heat some new jerseys, not because I don't like he current ones tho. The Clippers WILL get moved! Possibly to Vegas. Not because I don't like them but because they will ALWAYS be the Lakers little brother even if they won a couple rings. Too much catchup needed.

You can do 66? I thought it was 58. Well either or that will be my choice. 82 was always a bit much for me especially with the playoffs included.

Mario Hezonja.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »