Home

NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #25
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself

That's why I'm glad people with early copies streamed the game all weekend because I myself got more info over the weekend than 2K has put out in a month. Hurry up Friday 12:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #26
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I know this may be a stupid question, but if your my player is white, will your family also be white?
Honesty im going with my original theory that you're adopted or just taken in by the family.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #27
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Honesty im going with my original theory that you're adopted.

That would kill the immersion factor for me.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #28
Banned

Personally, I played CAL a decent amount of time and never ever play myplayer.

CAL was cool..you could use edited players from what I remember. So I'd edit a current vey to a younger phase and go ham.

Why won't they show Jordan though? suspect.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #29
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

I think the trailer is kind of misleading. I don't believe this is a game anymore where you control your fate. Rather it's like playing story mode in COD or Battlefield where you just assume the role of a soldier and go with it. While 2k will deny this and say that you do get to choose your name and the way you look, all of the other things are predetermined. MyCareer is literally story mode now. The only way I'll be able to enjoy it is if I treat it that way. It's no longer what it used to be.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #30
Banned

Well no, because you still have to earn rings and things like that as you always have. It's really no big deal, it's nice to have a story as long as I have the ability to play basketball, I don't care.

Now if they throw up a kind of CoD4 Zakhaev assassination attempt cheese at me where I go for a wide open layup and somehow airball it, I'll start to care.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #31
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I think the trailer is kind of misleading. I don't believe this is a game anymore where you control your fate. Rather it's like playing story mode in COD or Battlefield where you just assume the role of a soldier and go with it. While 2k will deny this and say that you do get to choose your name and the way you look, all of the other things are predetermined. MyCareer is literally story mode now. The only way I'll be able to enjoy it is if I treat it that way. It's no longer what it used to be.
You've just arrived at this conclusion ? Lol. As soon as they introduced story cutscenes in 2k14 this was what you were getting. This year it's executed and structured better but the only way to do it properly would be to only have cutscenes for needed elements like significant events etc.

As far as the adopted thing goes, wouldn't that make it a bit more believable than them biologically having a child who's another ethnicity?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #32
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by G5XL
Smh. Game comes out in like two days. We shouldn't have to still be guessing about certain aspects of the game imo. Last week should've been the information blowout. But I digress, just give me the damn game.
They have actually released a ton of info this past month. Franchise mode blog, a couple gameplay blogs, my career info last week, as well as info drops from gameplay impressions. If they haven't mentionRd anything about create a legend the chances are it's not in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »