Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Players

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #25
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Players

Folks really think Kawhi is better than Melo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
The problem there is the OVR is much more important for the AI's decision-making than it is to any human-based ones. The AI does not have the freedom to find hidden gems, which will lead to offense-only lineups and ineffectively built rosters.

Modern NBA teams caught onto the Bruce Bowen type long ago (and why such players are necessary alongside great offensive players) and it's inexcusable for 2K not to keep pace with the line of thinking.

You won't see this all in a league-wide top 10 list. It becomes rather evident the further down you go. Danny Green isn't even a top 20 SG while Kobe Bryant is top 5 (etc).

Leftos has confirmed that the team building logic no longer works by OVR alone and actually understands fit and roster construction, so if properly designed, offense only teams shouldn't be a thing unless it was trying to replicate actual offense only teams which would be pretty cool.

That said, skewed OVR will cause some decisions to lean the wrong way, and the standard 77 for 3 and D guys and 81-85s for no defense low efficiency chuckers is a big problem.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:44 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Is Dame even a top 15 player? I guess he probably is, but he needs to put some effort on the other side of the court.
IDK why people hated on Lillard for those comments. He was being honest on how he felt being snubbed in ASG. We want players to give honest answers and when they do, fans start bitching about it, blows my mind man.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:52 PM   #28
Pro

AnnihilusLivius's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
Aham...because he is? What makes you think Melo is better than Kawhi? Because he can put 50 in a game and simply let's the other team score 40 on him...?

Don't get me wrong, he's a tremendous player on the Offensive side, but on the D, he has the potential and the body for it, but he just doesn't like to work for it. That's what I hate about him and love about Kawhi.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:55 PM   #29
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I'm just here for the overreaction posts.
Kwame Brown not in the top 10??? Already cancelled my pre-order and bought four copies of Live.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 09-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #30
Pro

If only Melo has a team around him where he can play like he does in the Olympics. Instead of those dreadful half court iso he gets put in...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #31
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
So you punish a guy for playing on a bad leg? Then getting injured? While out a D-league team was on court?..... so he falls out the top 10 because of what?
He is a great scorer, but that doesn't make him a great OVERALL player. He is a star in the NBA, no doubt about it. I just think the majority of people who know their stuff, think he doesn't do enough other than score to be considered a legit, top ten player. For a player that constantly demands double teams, his 3.1 career AST average is entirely too low, for someone who has the ball as much as he does. His defense, well we don't need to go there, but lets just say it's very average. He is a good rebounder, but that is generally because he doesn't play tight defense on the perimeter, so he's usually hovering around the paint. I think what is most obvious about Melo, in regards to overall play, is his lack of consistent effort of the defensive end. My personal opinion is this, if he got his weight down to around 220 and was in better shape, his overall game would be able to come to life. Although, at 30 and coming off of an injury I doubt after 12 years in the NBA that he is going to change now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
Lol I find it hilarious. It's funny how scoring isn't that important only when people speak about melo. If healthy melo will show this year he deserves to be probably higher on the list. Also Aldridge is such a hard player to rate for me because of his shot selection. I know playoff defenses are good but man didn't he go like 13 for 37 against Memphis in playoffs? Now HE is inefficient. Would much rather have had cousins there to be honest

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »