Home

NBA 2K16 buy or no buy?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 buy or no buy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NBA 2K 16 buy or no buy?
Buying 99 83.90%
No buy 11 9.32%
Undecided 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #9
Rookie

Dime_II's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 buy or no buy?

Buy this is the goat of all 2ks
Old 09-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #10
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

I jumped over the "buy" fence a long time ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #11
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

I'd be surprised if anyone is still hanging around here and doesn't plan on buying 2k16.

Main NBA 2K16 Myteam Lineup:
Chris Paul -Allstar- / Steph Curry
Michael Jordan -DPotY- / Harden
Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Bill Russell -MVP- / Ewing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #12
Rookie

[quote=Syco_G;2047697652]I'd be surprised if anyone is still hanging around here and doesn't plan on buying 2k16

live fans pop up often to list things they are unhappy with or how 2k has been lying.... wont be long till they start posting on this thread too
Old 09-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Now that I think of it I should have made this poll after the Momentous trailer that's going to hit in a couple of hours. I'm sure after seeing that trailer no one will say no to buying. No one in there right mind anyways, lol.
Dude you sound like a huge sheep. Not everyone buys things off of trailers. They're trailers. I enjoy trailers because it's essentially more footage but nothing but INFO and actual 5v5 gameplay makes me pre order. I still take THAT with a grain of salt because these are sales guys remember and they say more of the same every year to get a pre order.

That said, I was all in for 16 and pre ordered because I liked the retro teams, gameplay looked improved, added much needed dribble moves, step throughs and step backs..follow throughs on the shots were a nice touch. Historic teams online..

I am now on the fence again because 'Buy Wins' in the one mode I'll spend 90% of my time.

Game has improved so I'm supporting it, but Buy Wins is awful and hope they get rid of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #14
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
Dude you sound like a huge sheep. Not everyone buys things off of trailers. They're trailers. I enjoy trailers because it's essentially more footage but nothing but INFO and actual 5v5 gameplay makes me pre order. I still take THAT with a grain of salt because these are sales guys remember and they say more of the same every year to get a pre order.

That said, I was all in for 16 and pre ordered because I liked the retro teams, gameplay looked improved, added much needed dribble moves, step throughs and step backs..follow throughs on the shots were a nice touch. Historic teams online..

I am now on the fence again because 'Buy Wins' in the one mode I'll spend 90% of my time.

Game has improved so I'm supporting it, but Buy Wins is awful and hope they get rid of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Why the name calling? I'm not a sheep I was buying regardless from 2K's track record and the blogs. Get your facts straight. The reality is some people do buy a game based on a trailer just as they do to go see a movie based on a trailer.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:37 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Now that I think of it I should have made this poll after the Momentous trailer that's going to hit in a couple of hours. I'm sure after seeing that trailer no one will say no to buying. No one in there right mind anyways, lol.
Momentous tends to make incredible trailers each year, even for the 2K's that didn't work out to be all-time favorites in the eyes of many, so it's tough to conclude a purchase off that alone.

I have not been motivated to put the money down for a next-gen system yet. When the 2004 Pistons were announced (and the 11 other new classics teams), it really got the gears turning in terms of figuring out if there was a way I could budget a new system. But after I saw that '04 team was kind of gutted, I remain interested in seeing how the game turns out but I don't think I'll be buying, most certainly not right away.

That said, if another member of my family buys it, I'll be quite interested in giving it an extended shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #16

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Without playing the game its tough to say. So I go off track record, features, and the eye test. NBA2K has the best track record in sports gaming right now imo. I am confident every year they will put out a stellar product. The best product. Also just looking at gameplay vids I can tell it plays a good game of basketball. The game is feature packed. With that info I say buy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »