Home

NBA 2K16 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #73
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'd say either a late first or really early second round pick.
I'd definitely lean towards more an early second -- Payne has proved little in the league and he's an older player for someone on his first contract. Developmentally speaking, his ceiling is probably a Markieff Morris type. A pair of seconds would get me to trade him without issue.

But, if you can find a team that would really like him, take that late first in a heartbeat. I just can't think of any at the moment that would and has any late first rounders.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:52 PM   #74
Rookie

Silent's Arena

OVR: 1

So i am the Bulls, and i just lost a game against GS, yes curry hit the game winner lol! but when i loaded off the game, the heat called me and ask for Mike, Arron, Kings first and my pick for Justise Winslow.

Now in my game, Jordan is the starting SG, so Mike was backing him up, and only had him and doug as the firepower in the 2nd unit!

Now, i wasn't going to accept because Mike has been playing well but mike is 34 lol.....so i accepted lol, should have i? or did i rip the heat? feeling kinda bad now! lol

i was looking for more to add to the 2nd unit, i was even thinking about re-starting and adding pippen to the 2nd unit, since i lost alot of games when Butler, Rose and MJ are resting!

What u guy think?

oh one last thing, Pau is on fire, but next to him is a battery icon, is that good or bad? lol first time that pops up, he only has 28 min
Old 10-13-2015, 05:28 AM   #75
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey guys. What do you think would be a fair trade to get Pau Gasol on the Rockets?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

PS3 - Madden NFL 25, Dark Souls

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #76
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

I could need some creative help from you guys. Following situations:

10 games till ASB in MyLeague right now

Teams in the playoff hunt

- Suns; 1 GB
-Kings; 3 GB

- Knicks; 1 GB
-Pistons; 1 GB
-Bucks; 1.5 GB
- Celtics: 1.5 GB

Teams on the edge to contention

- Pelicans; 4th in West, 3 games in front of OKC
- Grizzlies; 6th in West, 2.5 games in front of Spurs
- Spurs; 8th in West

- Bulls; 2nd in East, 0.5 games behind Cavs
- Heat; 3rd in East, 1.5 behind Cavs
- Raptors; 7th in East

I have the feeling that some teams in these situations would be ready to make huge trades to get a chance in the postseason.

Guys I could see traded

- Big Al: Hornets are one of the worst teams in the East and his contract is expiring
- Jennings: Pistons already have signed their PG for the future with Jackson and could take him to get better on other areas
- Brook Lopez & Joe Johnson: Nets are on the bottom of the East and could need help rebulding their squad
- Faried: Nuggets are struggling and he could be a nice additon for one of the teams above

Any ideas for possible trades? Or other guys you could see get traded for these situations?
Old 10-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #77
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

For those of you stuck at work during the day, but have some free time to kill, here's some good resources to check out:

1) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
Obviously, ESPN's Trade Machine... Although, you have to keep in mind that some players aren't available to trade due to certain NBA rules. Personally, I follow those rules to the best of my ability in 2k. However, once you get to a certain point in the season, then all players will be available. For those purposes you may have to figure somethings up for yourself on Trade Finder (I usually just try to match up the player I'm looking to trades contract with another player or players.

2) http://www.2khead.com/16/players/compare
This site as all of 2k's player ratings and you can compare up to three players. As far as I know these are currently correct, but I'm not sure if they will be once roster updates start hitting. The biggest downfall is that potential isn't listed, but very useful.

3) http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2016/
Here you have a list of all players in the final year of their contracts. It's great to look at in general, but (for example) if you're looking to make a trade with teams that are struggling and they're looking to dump players, then this is an excellent tool to find those players.

edit:
4) http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nba.aspx
Here's a current list of the projected depth chart.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 10-14-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:18 AM   #78
Rookie

Maju's Arena

Guys, im looking for a trade advice:

Currently im playing online league and my s5 + key bench looks like:
s5: curry - ray allen - paul pierce - kg - hibbert
bench: korver, turner, granger, vonhel, olynyk, perkins

I have 2 good trade offers:

curry + vonhel -> aldrige + rubio
curry + vonhel -> millsap + wall + nick young

I'm ****ty with curry (cant get his release to work on long shots). However im rather running a freelance offense, trying to get some open shots for guards/wings. Which one (trade) would You choose and why?
Old 10-14-2015, 03:45 PM   #79
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
I could need some creative help from you guys. Following situations:

10 games till ASB in MyLeague right now

Teams in the playoff hunt

- Suns; 1 GB
-Kings; 3 GB

- Knicks; 1 GB
-Pistons; 1 GB
-Bucks; 1.5 GB
- Celtics: 1.5 GB

Teams on the edge to contention

- Pelicans; 4th in West, 3 games in front of OKC
- Grizzlies; 6th in West, 2.5 games in front of Spurs
- Spurs; 8th in West

- Bulls; 2nd in East, 0.5 games behind Cavs
- Heat; 3rd in East, 1.5 behind Cavs
- Raptors; 7th in East

I have the feeling that some teams in these situations would be ready to make huge trades to get a chance in the postseason.

Guys I could see traded

- Big Al: Hornets are one of the worst teams in the East and his contract is expiring
- Jennings: Pistons already have signed their PG for the future with Jackson and could take him to get better on other areas
- Brook Lopez & Joe Johnson: Nets are on the bottom of the East and could need help rebulding their squad
- Faried: Nuggets are struggling and he could be a nice additon for one of the teams above

Any ideas for possible trades? Or other guys you could see get traded for these situations?
For Big Al I'd suggest either sending him back to Boston since they would have a contract to match his, plus have plenty of picks to send, as well. Washington would be another good team to consider, although they just reupped with Gortat, so you might have to find a third team there. The Knicks would actually be a really good choice, but I don't think they have the contracts any good expiring contracts to send back.

Jennings is kind of tough. If a playoff contending team had an injury at PG, then I would look there first. If not, then I'd look for a place for him as a 6th man. Since Detroit is still in the playoff hunt, then I don't think they would want expiring contract or draft picks. Maybe a team that has an extra PF, they could afford to send in a player for player swap would work. In my opinion, a deal with Chicago that included Taj Gibson would be beneficial to both teams since a) Rose is always hurt and b) they could use some extra scoring from the back court. Others I'd consider is places like Miami (in a deal with Chalmers + filler player/picks), Phoenix (depending on if Booker is playing well) or Sacramento... but that's mainly just because he seems like a player that should be on the Kings roster.

Johnson and Lopez is a tough one too. Johnson's contract is so massive that it's going to take two really big expiring contracts to take it on and I'm not sure if there's two out there. Maybe they could take on an expiring contract, plus another player with a few years left, but that may be a tough find as well. I kind of think that their best bet is sticking it out for 15-16, then letting Joe's contract fall off the books so they can use that cap space to build around Lopez... with that said it's better to get something than nothing for Joe, so maybe he could go somewhere. Although, I just don't know where he could fit.

Lastly, for Faried he seems like he would be a great addition to the Heat or Knicks. The problem is that the Heat already have enough big's and the Knicks don't have the expiring contracts to send to Denver. Maybe a three team deal included the players that I mentioned in the Jennings trade would work? Something like Jennings to Chicago, Faried to Detroit and Gibson (since he's less expensive and has two less years) + picks to Denver. Depending on how WCS and Koufus are doing in Sacramento, then that maybe a good destination, as well.

Disclaimer: I came up with these trades pretty quickly. Please don't roast me too hard.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #80
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Some nice thoughts, thank you. Half the day I spend going through teams for possible trades and that's really not easy. Especially since I am someone who plays all 82 games and don't want to ruin my save with a harsh decision I would regret later.

I really liked the Big Al for the Cs idea, but somehow I was thinking about Boogie for them again. Figured the following trade today:

-Cs get: Boogie
-Kings get: Peyton, Vuc, 2nd round pick from Celtics
-Magic get: Sullinger, Smart, 2016 1st round pick from the Nets and the Mavs

Somehow it makes sense because the Kings were fallin out of the playoff picture anyway, but the Celtics are really fighting to keep their spot in the East. On the other hand the Magic are one of the worst teams in the east again and could use the picks and Smart to get a little fresh start for their rebuild. On the other hand I have the feeling that this trade is a bit too much.

The Jennings for Gibson trade is one of the moves I guess I will really do. The Pistons need another 4 and the Bulls could need another bench guy for a deep playoff run. First I thought about bringing the Morris twins back together in Detroit, but the Suns don't really have a need for a guard. So at least one trade that would be fair and kind of realistic.

Only thing I would need now is something for the Pelicans: It really looks like they have a real shot at home court in the first round and maybe more, which seems like a situation where they would make a move to go all in. Especially with Gordons huge expiring there should be a move to make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »