Home

Your friend's MyCourt is unavailable at this time?

This is a discussion on Your friend's MyCourt is unavailable at this time? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Your friend's MyCourt is unavailable at this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
My friend in California can't connect. The rest of us are in Missouri, Indiana, and Pennsylvania and can connect to each other. Disappointing because in a week I'll be back home in the west.

Most annoying part, nothing in response or acknowledging that this was either a design choice or design flaw.
im really hoping it's a design flaw/hoax.

would be terrible if it was on purpose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I contacted the 2K support and here's our conversation:

Me:"Friends on the East coast can join MyCourt but my friends on the West Coast are not able to. I live on the East coast, so is it region locked ?"

Jino F.(2K Support):"Hello (my name here),

Thank you for contacting 2K Support and for purchasing NBA 2K16! We are really happy to finally get the game into the hands of our players!

As an NBA 2K player myself, I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to join friends online. That's why I'd love to help you out with this issue as best as I can!

Are you still experiencing the issue?
The server should be working fine now, you can check our server status page for any updates regarding this.
You can see the status of our servers for all in-game services by using the following link:
https://www.nba2k.com/status

We thank you for your continued patience and rest assured we are currently working on offering the best game-play experience NBA 2K16 has to offer!

Should you have any additional questions or concerns related to our 2K titles, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Hope to see you soon on the court!

Thanks,

Jino F.
2K Support

Jino F.
2K Support"

How does this directly answer my question ? Beats me

Then I replied back saying this:
"My friend is still unable to join MyCourt nor can I join his. I believe this part of the game is region locked because friends on the East coast I can join but I can't join my West coast friends. This is absurd. Please give me a work around"

Let the waiting of 24-48 hours begin
Old 09-28-2015, 12:41 AM   #43
Pro

HHHBigFan's Arena

OVR: 8

Anybody hear anything new?

Friend that lives in Cali (I'm in NC) can't join our MyCourts. 4 of us are in NC.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:26 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHBigFan
Anybody hear anything new?

Friend that lives in Cali (I'm in NC) can't join our MyCourts. 4 of us are in NC.
nothing. 2k has been silent.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #45
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Having the same issue with friends that are in different parts of the U.S. Not being able to join MyCourt sessions. If 2k really did region lock pro am, then that is possibly one of the dumbest decisions in the history of online gaming.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #46
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayron1234
So I contacted the 2K support and here's our conversation:

Me:"Friends on the East coast can join MyCourt but my friends on the West Coast are not able to. I live on the East coast, so is it region locked ?"

Jino F.(2K Support):"Hello (my name here),

Thank you for contacting 2K Support and for purchasing NBA 2K16! We are really happy to finally get the game into the hands of our players!

As an NBA 2K player myself, I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to join friends online. That's why I'd love to help you out with this issue as best as I can!

Are you still experiencing the issue?
The server should be working fine now, you can check our server status page for any updates regarding this.
You can see the status of our servers for all in-game services by using the following link:
https://www.nba2k.com/status

We thank you for your continued patience and rest assured we are currently working on offering the best game-play experience NBA 2K16 has to offer!

Should you have any additional questions or concerns related to our 2K titles, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Hope to see you soon on the court!

Thanks,

Jino F.
2K Support

Jino F.
2K Support"

How does this directly answer my question ? Beats me

Then I replied back saying this:
"My friend is still unable to join MyCourt nor can I join his. I believe this part of the game is region locked because friends on the East coast I can join but I can't join my West coast friends. This is absurd. Please give me a work around"

Let the waiting of 24-48 hours begin
I wouldn't expect a reply, after 2K sent me a similar generic message (they told me to restart my router) I wrote back and said that didn't solve my problem, I'm still experiencing it as are others (even linked to this thread) , etc and it's been three days without a reply.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 09-28-2015, 05:11 PM   #47
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Are the MyCourt system and Pro-Am supposed to work? I thought they were just for show, like maybe they were a preview of 2K17
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 09-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #48
Rookie

48 hours after submitting a 2k help ticket and tweeting 2k support and still no response. Although even if they do respond I am sure it will be a worthless generic response like everyone else has received.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »