Home

NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside)

This is a discussion on NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 08:04 AM   #33
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Game is more geared toward vs play I think. Does this trigger against a human opponent? Against the cpu I'm unable to replicate the bumping...

Against a human player, unless they play off ball D, ya don't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 08:31 AM   #34
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge
First let me preface this thread by saying please keep all cape-ing to a minimum. The game is really good but it can be better, and pretending issues don't exist only hinder progression.

Exhibit A and B:

http://youtu.be/XgwyPvYG3gE

As if it wasn't hard enough to get passed the already psychic AI defender who knows your every move before you even make it, when you do finally get Lucky enough to get them leaning or out of position, you're not able to make them pay because of the bump animation.

"New foot planting technology" is being overridden by the bump animation.

And besides the already beaten defender being sucked into the bump animation to stop you from getting by, momentum plays zero factor and they're able to shift directions in A split second, I thought that was what the new foot planting technology was for ?

Long story short, computers on ball d needs a little tweaking, thoughts anyone ?
Excellent evidence here. I'm surprised nobody hit you with a "lower the difficulty" or "sliders" reply haha I want a challenge based on real basketball strategy not video game cheese. I understand that implementing that into 2K is a work in progress, but what was in that video doesn't belong in any simulation basketball game no matter the difficulty.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 AM   #35
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I love that the defense is more challenging this year, but 2K has to keep it realistic. I am just really scared to complain about it because it seems like if you do, 2K will go the extreme opposite and it'll be super easy.

I just don't want to be cheated by the defense with these unrealistic animations or fake barriers that won't let me move until the defense is back on me:

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #36
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Damn these videos are pretty bad. I haven't seen anything like that that I can remember

What difficulty are you guys playing on? I'm on superstar and haven't noticed too much sliding like OP and the video above
Old 09-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #37
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside)

It's definitely there, you just have to catch it lol. Sometimes you don't even notice it but once you replay it, you'll see some funny stuff going on with the onball defense. And this is only on pro since my dude is only a 60 overall.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 09-28-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #38
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I love that the defense is more challenging this year, but 2K has to keep it realistic. I am just really scared to complain about it because it seems like if you do, 2K will go the extreme opposite and it'll be super easy.

I just don't want to be cheated by the defense with these unrealistic animations or fake barriers that won't let me move until the defense is back on me:

HA! Same reason I stay quiet sometimes because they can go kinda extreme with the changes. Never balanced for some reason....

This is needed though....clearly you have the cpu beat only for him to initiate contact animation. I want to do the same to the cpu but nope....easy drive for the cpu against me lol
Old 09-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #39
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Pro\Sim JRocc?

This is all good feedback, it's something that definitely needs to be addressed...hopefully it's not taken to the other extreme.

You do have this same 'help' vs. the CPU though...of course you'll never be as efficient at it...but you can definitely cut off some angles you shouldn't have cut off...lol
Old 09-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #40
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Is that even patch-able ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »