Home

How does everyone feel about shooting?

This is a discussion on How does everyone feel about shooting? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 04:30 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: How does everyone feel about shooting?

I'm more than satisfied with the shooting right now. The percentages seem very realistic.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #34
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I know the game has only been out 4 days but I would like to get everyone's views on shooting so far...

Since the dev team can adjust it this year without a patch, I thought it would be good to get some dialogue started...(not saying there needs to be an adjustment yet)

I have been struggling a bit personally on SS...fortunately, so have my opponents online so far. The CPU on SS not so much, lol

I'm not sure I understand the logic of the shot meter sometimes, I know that it's harder than before to get a perfect release and on top of that, not all green releases are perfect...but I feel like I miss A LOT of those shots were the yellow bar is almost bleeding into the perfect meter...that should be a pretty high percentage shot right? I missed two FT's in a row with Harden like that yesterday...

Should I not be following the meter, but more the release?

Just wanted to hear some thoughts.
I like how it is so far, it's definitely a lot harder than last year especially on contested shots. I was playing AST as 12-13 LeBron and felt like I was missing a lot of shots but checked after the game to see I went 15-24 (62.5%).

I feel like I miss some easy open shots but that's the way the NBA goes I guess, gotta play some more games before I lean one way or the other but for now it's nice.

edit: What sucks is missing wide open dunks, I feel like Mo Speights lol.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 09-28-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #35
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I like how it is so far, it's definitely a lot harder than last year especially on contested shots. I was playing AST as 12-13 LeBron and felt like I was missing a lot of shots but checked after the game to see I went 15-24 (62.5%).

I feel like I miss some easy open shots but that's the way the NBA goes I guess, gotta play some more games before I lean one way or the other but for now it's nice.

edit: What sucks is missing wide open dunks, I feel like Mo Speights lol.
Lol, yeah. I was like this too. I thought I was shooting badly but checked halftime stats and I was 52.3% from the field and 33% from the 3. No, what sucks is missing wide open layups!

I don't want people reading my posts thinking I am complaining too much or want something patched. I love everything about the gameplay this year. I love the challenges. I have to agree with people that it's a learning curve. I played all weekend long with the only breaks I had were eating, going to the bathroom, etc. I need to relax. Patience is a virtue ha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 05:17 PM   #36
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm with you 24th. I've hit a TON of jumpers that I felt should have been green, had the great visual follow thru, yet clank. Tony Parker hit 4-4 from 3, with 2 of those being heavily contested, through 1 quarter. I'm going back to all star, and tweak from there lol.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Shooting feels great this year to me, that little hitch/delay from 2k15/2k14 next gen is gone, the jumpers are literally at the top of the players animation, Im killin with Jahlil and Nerlens from mid range at a consistent clip
Old 09-28-2015, 05:22 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Is the AI missing contested shots or open shots ? Are you just not generating enough open shots ? Do you want more contested shots to go in and for whom you and the AI or just you or just the AI.

Are you talking about my career or 5 v 5.

Not just price but all of you. This is the type of information we need to interpret what your asking for in relation to what your seeing.
Also you guys JUST got the game.

Is it possible that you will be better in 2 weeks than you are today ?

Just questions men I know some people get all fiesty when dev's ask questions. LOL.
I'd like to chime in:

I think the AI is very realistic. They consistently knock down wide open jumpers and 3-pointers if my defense breaks down.

The contested shot % for the AI is realistic as well -- on both sides of the ball. If I contest 3 pointers, they rarely fall. Yet, the AI has knocked down a few moderately contested jumpers but they were mid-ranged or closer. Specifically Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler and George Hill to name a few. I have no qualms with that.

I RARELY get wide open at the moment, but that's realistic to me. I don't see a lot of wide open shots IRL in important games.

Give it two weeks to adjust and level up, I think I'll be able to get a lot more open looks.

Playing My Career on default settings (Pro).
Old 09-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I'm not talking about the Park, because honestly the park isn't even close to a realistic representation of basketball.

And yes, on average, an NBA team shoots about 35% from 3. However, again, those are spread out over a large sample size, featuring many different conditions. What I (and I think the OP) are talking about for the user are good shots, with good shooters, released well (but not "perfect") missing more often than they should. While ALL 3 pointers should settle in around 35-40%, the B, B+, etc shots should hit at a higher clip, otherwise your shot percentages come in much lower than they should.
Oh okay. We're on opposite ends of the spectrum I see. Are you talking about quick match and my team?

That makes sense. However, wasn't this an issue in 2k15? I've constantly had uncontested B+ and up releases clanking out in My Career and (mostly) My Park games. Or does it all go out the window as soon as you step online?
Old 09-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #40
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm not sure I understand the logic of the shot meter sometimes, I know that it's harder than before to get a perfect release and on top of that, not all green releases are perfect...but I feel like I miss A LOT of those shots were the yellow bar is almost bleeding into the perfect meter...that should be a pretty high percentage shot right? I missed two FT's in a row with Harden like that yesterday...

Should I not be following the meter, but more the release?

Just wanted to hear some thoughts.
I posted before I feel like the shot meter is like playing skee ball where the best score (100) is right in the middle but if you are even slightly off you'll end up in the worse bucket (25). Plus there are early / late hotspots that are money.

However ive felt this way since like 2k8 lol.

Bottom line....once you find the money spot, dont look at the shot meter, look at the release.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »