Home

Stop...NBA 2K16 is the Real Deal

This is a discussion on Stop...NBA 2K16 is the Real Deal within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 12:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stop...NBA 2K16 is the Real Deal

Only gripe I have is that they discontinued live injuries in online ranked games back to nba 2k7 or 8 I remember playing ranked games online and players that were overused would get injured lol those were they days. One game a dude was spamming lebron and he got an ankle injury and had to sit out the game and the dude quit the game lmao.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 AM   #10
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I can't take it no more. I'm tired of reading threads after threads and comments after comments where people are genuinely attempting to change NBA 2K16 to the cheeser friendly nonsense that it has been since NBA 2K12. I'm going to go on record that NBA 2K16 has OFFICIALLY DETHRONED NBA 2K11 (opinions will vary obviously) as the MOST BALANCED GAMEPLAY for offense AND defense. The scary about this statement is that I'm making it before any patches have been applied to this well developed game.

As a defensive minded and mostly sim player, I have waited a long time for a game where the offense didn't rule supreme over everything. I have waited a long time for a game where I felt that pure and genuine basketball knowledge will combat any exploits and "offensive friendly" tactics. I have waited a long time for a game where I can raise my hands to the sky...and scream "Videogame Basketball Heaven has finally arrived.".

For the past 2-3 years, 2K Sports have gathered and employed some of the best people that THIS community has to offer to create one of the greatest basketball games to date.

Welcome Back Mike Wang!
Da Czar
Leftos
Scott O'Gallagher
Mike Stauffer
And the list goes on and on....

Gone are the days of broken plays or plays taking too long to develop. Gone are the days of mediocre roster updates every two weeks. Gone are the days of poor AI decisions where you wanted to reach through the TV and choke someone. Gone are the days of poor footplanting and general physics where the defense was always one step behind the offense. Gone are the days of 1-2 patches per year where people are forced to stop playing the game. Gone are the days of ONLY having Ranked Games, Leagues, and GM modes. Gones are the days where the community spoke, but no cared enough to gather our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about the gameplay to apply the changes to a future patch.

NBA 2K16 offers the most robust experience in sports game history. I've been playing this game nonstop, and it blows my mind how much there is to do for a SPORTS game, and that says a lot when you compare it to open world games like GTA V. NBA 2K16 gives you a hoops dream fantasy with the story driven My Player mode, stimulates the basketball intellect with the My GM Mode, and satisfies our competitive fire while testing our basketball knowledge in the revamped H2H online modes.

What I'm saying is that...it's time for players to man up and LEARN how to play the game, and STOP looking for ways to dumb down the game to cater to your laziness. From the moment you grab the controller and play your first game in whatever mode, you IMMEDIATELY know that NBA 2K16 WASN'T meant to be another casual friendly, button-masher game. You IMMEDIATELY know that NBA 2K16 WASN'T meant to be played in a manner where you're creating ESPN highlights on every possession. This is a GROWN MAN's game.

This community has people who are willing to help you step your game up and make you a better player in whatever mode. Use them! I have seen some great advice in numerous threads where I went straight home, fired up the practice mode, and worked to implement the new advice. The tips work, and I've been grateful for each one that I was able to use successful.

I understand that the game has glitches and bugs, because no human made product is ever perfect. However, let's make sure that we providing feedback on actual glitches (sweating, commentary, weird camera angles, etc), instead of trying to sneak in "complaints" in hopes that the game is patched to be easier for people who don't believe in defense. I'm going to end this with a quote that a poster keeps saying over and over, and it's REAL TALK to me...

You can overcome a challenge, but you can never overcome the boredom of beating an easy CPU.

Last edited by 23; 09-30-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:32 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Thanks OP!!! I couldn't put them in words any better!
NBA 2k16 is the REAL DEAL.
Basketball in house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 03:52 AM   #12
Rookie

Nba 2k16 is legit from online point of view and better than 2k11!

I've already posted this in impressions thread, but I have to post it here also, because I have the same feeling as ksuttonjr76.

Too many players complains about sliding. Yes, there are some sliding, but if there are not a clear advantages (in offense or defense) from sliding, then sliding is tolerable.

Too many players complains about shooting percentage being too low. Guess what, learn basketball basics and try to get good looks from plays. If you shoot bad shoots you will miss them

Too many players complains about though CPU defense... Again use team offense, try to exploit everything the CPU gives you. Do you see crazy crossovers and "ohhh-aahh" drive-in every possessions in real NBA? Same applies to the 2k16.

Too many players complains about cherry picking (online) which is pain in the a.., but you can counter this tactic with balanced and patient attack, which prevents up-tempo game. You should try to impose your game pace which suits you and not to outrun opponent in fast breaks.

In last days after release I've played 30+ online games and I must say that the more I play the easier is to me to beat a cheesar, who relies on full court press (with funny attempts to draw an offensive foul), double team, reaching and cherry picking. Right now I am in 7+ game winning streak from which 6 them comes from cheesar rage quit.

2K please don't mess up the game with unnecessary patches.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:23 AM   #13
Banned

Quality like-whoring OP.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:27 AM   #14
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I can't take it no more. I'm tired of reading threads after threads and comments after comments where people are genuinely attempting to change NBA 2K16 to the cheeser friendly nonsense that it has been since NBA 2K12. I'm going to go on record that NBA 2K16 has OFFICIALLY DETHRONED NBA 2K11 (opinions will vary obviously) as the MOST BALANCED GAMEPLAY for offense AND defense. The scary about this statement is that I'm making it before any patches have been applied to this well developed game.

As a defensive minded and mostly sim player, I have waited a long time for a game where the offense didn't rule supreme over everything. I have waited a long time for a game where I felt that pure and genuine basketball knowledge will combat any exploits and "offensive friendly" tactics. I have waited a long time for a game where I can raise my hands to the sky...and scream "Videogame Basketball Heaven has finally arrived.".

For the past 2-3 years, 2K Sports have gathered and employed some of the best people that THIS community has to offer to create one of the greatest basketball games to date.

Welcome Back Mike Wang!
Da Czar
Leftos
Scott O'Gallagher
Mike Stauffer
And the list goes on and on....

Gone are the days of broken plays or plays taking too long to develop. Gone are the days of mediocre roster updates every two weeks. Gone are the days of poor AI decisions where you wanted to reach through the TV and choke someone. Gone are the days of poor footplanting and general physics where the defense was always one step behind the offense. Gone are the days of 1-2 patches per year where people are forced to stop playing the game. Gone are the days of ONLY having Ranked Games, Leagues, and GM modes. Gones are the days where the community spoke, but no cared enough to gather our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about the gameplay to apply the changes to a future patch.

NBA 2K16 offers the most robust experience in sports game history. I've been playing this game nonstop, and it blows my mind how much there is to do for a SPORTS game, and that says a lot when you compare it to open world games like GTA V. NBA 2K16 gives you a hoops dream fantasy with the story driven My Player mode, stimulates the basketball intellect with the My GM Mode, and satisfies our competitive fire while testing our basketball knowledge in the revamped H2H online modes.

What I'm saying is that...it's time for players to man up and LEARN how to play the game, and STOP looking for ways to dumb down the game to cater to your laziness. From the moment you grab the controller and play your first game in whatever mode, you IMMEDIATELY know that NBA 2K16 WASN'T meant to be another casual friendly, button-masher game. You IMMEDIATELY know that NBA 2K16 WASN'T meant to be played in a manner where you're creating ESPN highlights on every possession. This is a GROWN MAN's game.

This community has people who are willing to help you step your game up and make you a better player in whatever mode. Use them! I have seen some great advice in numerous threads where I went straight home, fired up the practice mode, and worked to implement the new advice. The tips work, and I've been grateful for each one that I was able to use successful.

I understand that the game has glitches and bugs, because no human made product is ever perfect. However, let's make sure that we providing feedback on actual glitches (sweating, commentary, weird camera angles, etc), instead of trying to sneak in "complaints" in hopes that the game is patched to be easier for people who don't believe in defense. I'm going to end this with a quote that a poster keeps saying over and over, and it's REAL TALK to me...

You can overcome a challenge, but you can never overcome the boredom of beating an easy CPU.
~strawberryshortcake~

Thank you
You said everything I've been wanting to say man. Grade A Post!!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:03 AM   #15
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Have faith in your product 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 06:57 AM   #16
Rookie

drewwright's Arena

I feel like most people in here are just fanboys and still going off hype. This is a great game but it's not perfect, and nobody really expected a game to be. But if people are having issues with it and need help, that's not trying to make the game "cheesier", there are still some clear issues that need addressing.
New York Knicks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »