Home

Online gameplay in NBA 2K16 still needs improvement

This is a discussion on Online gameplay in NBA 2K16 still needs improvement within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 12:35 PM   #25
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Online gameplay in NBA 2K16 still needs improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
You guys need to hit the practice court and work on shot timing. I beat my last online opponent with the Denver Nuggets! He had the Cleveland Cavaliers!

How did I beat him? By hitting open shots with Randy Freakin' Foye! If you run a patient offense and anticipate what your opponent will do correctly while on defense, you can win against cheesers by just playing basketball. The key, however, is knowing how to execute with the team you're using. Play a few games with that team against the CPU on Hall of Fame, and you'll learn their strengths and weaknesses. Odds are, your opponent is not going to know his team (even if he does play with a Tier 1 team) as well as you know your team.

Seriously, you guys gotta stop running to the devs to fix problems that can easily be addressed by just becoming a better player on the sticks. Let them focus on more serious problems such as the fatigue not working properly on 12-minute quarters.
It's not even about winning or losing bro. I'm 3-1 with the Nuggets. It's about basketball. The NBA isn't a game of fastbreaks. This makes me feel like im playing a pick-up game at the park....which should not be happening.

I don't want cheesy tactics to have any success. This is the only way to force people to change their playstyle. Even though I love this game, it still encourages cheese to some extent.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #26
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
You guys need to hit the practice court and work on shot timing. I beat my last online opponent with the Denver Nuggets! He had the Cleveland Cavaliers!

How did I beat him? By hitting open shots with Randy Freakin' Foye! If you run a patient offense and anticipate what your opponent will do correctly while on defense, you can win against cheesers by just playing basketball. The key, however, is knowing how to execute with the team you're using. Play a few games with that team against the CPU on Hall of Fame, and you'll learn their strengths and weaknesses. Odds are, your opponent is not going to know his team (even if he does play with a Tier 1 team) as well as you know your team.

Seriously, you guys gotta stop running to the devs to fix problems that can easily be addressed by just becoming a better player on the sticks. Let them focus on more serious problems such as the fatigue not working properly on 12-minute quarters.
This is from the Wizards game I posted a screenshot of

Quote:
OP, I watched a few of the vids you posted, and I have to say that you're just not a good defensive player in this game.

In the first video, you were not in proper position to guard against Russel Westbrook anyway. This game is all about animations, and certain defensive animations trigger depending on where you are standing in relation to the ballhandler. You weren't playing defense, to be honest. You were just trying to stand in his way, which isn't proper defense.
Yes but he wasn't even smart enough to go behind the back. Reaching for the ball would've been an automatic foul

I can almost guarantee I could shut down your opponent playing with the 76ers, the weakest team on the game. I became a better defensive player on this game by playing a few games in MyCareer, which is a mode I rarely play. By only being able to control one player, it forced me to become a better one-on-one defender. You can also practice by playing one-on-one in blacktop mode.
What can I do if my players take 10 seconds to get back and set up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
It's not even about winning or losing bro. I'm 3-1 with the Nuggets. It's about basketball. The NBA isn't a game of fastbreaks. This makes me feel like im playing a pick-up game at the park....which should not be happening.

I don't want cheesy tactics to have any success. This is the only way to force people to change their playstyle. Even though I love this game, it still encourages cheese to some extent.
My only losses have come from me quitting in the first quarter because of boredom or my opponent choosing the Thunder or Cavs and throws 3/4 pass every single possession and turboing to the rim. The cheese this year could be fixed with a patch. I'm hoping it is.

Last edited by LO6IX; 10-03-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I really hope that they patch the jerseys selection as quickly as possible. I'm starting to quit games if my opponent and I have the same jerseys. Record be damned.

The game is so damn confusing when that happens!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:56 PM   #28
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I really hope that they patch the jerseys selection as quickly as possible. I'm starting to quit games if my opponent and I have the same jerseys. Record be damned.

The game is so damn confusing when that happens!
I don't know how they missed this when they created this game mode.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
I don't know how they missed this when they created this game mode.
I don't know why they haven't acknowledged that they missed this. It's okay to admit it somehow slipped by, but it's like they actually think it's okay and'innovative'

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #30
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I completely agree man. Everything you posted is exactly what I am seeing in my online games as well.

Its ridiculous because the CPU defense is really good on the perimeter but they suck inside.

The transition defense in this game is horrible and it must be fixed.
Completely agree, transition d looks almost unchanged from last year. Players mindlessly backpedal leaving 3's and even players heading to the rim open. Combine this with the stamina issue and this is why online is a track meet currently
Old 10-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #31
Pro

The more I play, the more I feel it's easier to score in the paint this year than it was last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 12:40 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
Completely agree, transition d looks almost unchanged from last year. Players mindlessly backpedal leaving 3's and even players heading to the rim open. Combine this with the stamina issue and this is why online is a track meet currently
Lol it is like a track meet at times. Brings me back to the good ol 2k9 days when the main tactic online was sprint down sideline and lead pass big, dunk.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »